NO TIME TO DIE (2020) by Billie Eilish - Theme Song Discussion

Comments

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    mtm wrote: »
    (I still haven't listened to NTTD)

Interesting: are you saving it for watching the film?
    Yes, precisely. I've read here that I'm not the only one.
    I'd like to get the same feeling when discovering old Bond movies and the songs together (for the lesser know ones of course)
    I've tried to do that with Skyfall, a big failure :D (and don't even care to try with Sam Smith...)
    Here it's different : I like Billie Eilish's work, could be a memorable moment
    (..if the theaters aren't closed in april... situtation in France is worse and worse : Le Louvre closed since 3 days, concerts cancelled etc)

Better make that two!.....I want Daniel Kleinman's Visuals to accompany the song in my first listen of it. So far I've resisted the temptation to listen to the song....and I must say it's no easy feat.
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Better make that two!.....I want Daniel Kleinman's Visuals to accompany the song in my first listen of it. So far I've resisted the temptation to listen to the song....and I must say it's no easy feat.
    You can do it, It's totally easy not wanting to press play.
    My only concern is hearing it in a supermaket (as with Skyfall...) / falling on the (forthcoming?) music video on TV
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Yeah, that's it. Fear of Muzak & unintentionally stumbling on the Music Video....should it get released before the film's release. Still I'll do my best to resist.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah that’s quite a fun way of doing it. Brave to come into this thread though! :D
    To me, the song disappoints a bit the very first time you hear it but grows on you until you can't get it out of your head. I think it's a good Bond theme but I can't help but feel I'd actually be a bit disappointed if I heard it for the very first time in the film itself.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah I would say to anyone saving it for the movie that they should perhaps keep their expectations low- then you can only be impressed! :)
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    Yeah that’s quite a fun way of doing it. Brave to come into this thread though! :D
    I like reading what Bond fans have to say about it :-bd Globally, I'm very confident
    I've even had a look at graphic waveform of the song! Love the idea of 'crescendo type'
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,043
    I don't think it is one of the classics by a long shot although it is infinitely better than the last one and I prefer it to Skyfall.

I've not listened to it for a while, I'm not feeling a need to, I listened to it quite a lot when it came out, might just save it for the film now.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I was at the gym today and one of the Group Exercise classes played it in their cool-down. Put a smile on my face.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    "No Time To Die in the Style of Chris Cornell" (Ten Second Songs)

Is it good ?
    (I still haven't listened to NTTD)

I'm a big fan of his. His channel is excellent and his range of vocal styles is impressive. Excellent cover and I love his pick up into the second verse.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Not sure if this has been posted. Phenomenal cover of the song in the style of Chris Cornell.

@DrClatterhand, not wanting to be too nitpicky, but it is being quoted in the post directly above yours.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I'd not caught up. I posted it before finishing this thread. No worries.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Meh. It's good enough to be shared again. ;)

I've listened to it a few times now. Certainly I prefer Billie Eilish's overall, but his pick-up with the drums into the second verse is actually what I had been expecting from the Eilish track on my first listen. It felt like that was the direction it was headed in.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Now that the film has been postponed til November, how do we think it will impact the song? It will have been out nearly eleven months before the film gets released.
    Now that the film has been postponed til November, how do we think it will impact the song? It will have been out nearly eleven months before the film gets released.

I can't help but think the song might be relegated to the end credits....then a new song is done for the title sequence. Maybe another title, but with 'No Time To Die' being it's chorus. Just for the sake of having a fresh song though. So Eilish's song doesn't wear out so soon.
    Doubt it
    Getafix wrote: »
    Doubt it

Yeah, me too....but I just can't envisage another way to keep Eilish's song relevant until November. Or at most, Eilish does another version of the song.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2020 Posts: 2,541
    Doubt it

Yeah, me too....but I just can't envisage another way to keep Eilish's song relevant until November. Or at most, Eilish does another version of the song.

She can do a proper music video like Sam Smith.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 4,400
    Doubt it

This.

Do a proper music video and perhaps even get some of the NTTD cast to appear in it.

Also, having Billie at the premiere to hype the song will remind people that it's nearly Oscar season. The new date is better news for Eilish in that sense as she'll be fresh in Oscar voters minds.
    Doubt it

Yeah, has to be the best Bond music Video then. Maybe Dave Meyers should direct it.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    We can now christen her Billie Earlyish.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I can't help but think the song might be relegated to the end credits....then a new song is done for the title sequence. Maybe another title, but with 'No Time To Die' being it's chorus. Just for the sake of having a fresh song though. So Eilish's song doesn't wear out so soon.

Won’t happen but I would rather like that! :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    If anything, her Oscar chances have gone up.

Won’t happen but I would rather like that! :)

Yeah, I would too....but it's highly unlikely. Then again with what this film has been through, one can't rule out anything.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Murdock wrote: »

My goodness it’s a dull tune, isn’t it! :)
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland

Her song will be long over and a new video will do nothing. I’d be okay with this but yeah doubt it will happen too.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    There is no music video yet and not even a cdsingle and song was plan to be on the soundtrack. There can spice the song a bit with more instruments and Bond sound at it as end credits and release it as new version. Using the one there already have stil for maintitles.

Atleast there should release it as delete maintitle on BD,DVD and 4K BD.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I would say on the record companies part it might be an idea to remove this from all streaming platforms, the song didn't get a physical release so it would be easy enough.

Then they can relaunch say October and then maybe give us vinyl 7" like they did with AWTD & SF.