NO TIME TO DIE (2020) by Billie Eilish - Theme Song Discussion

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,529
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I would say on the record companies part it might be an idea to remove this from all streaming platforms, the song didn't get a physical release so it would be easy enough.

Then they can relaunch say October and then maybe give us vinyl 7" like they did with AWTD & SF.

This would create a ton of bad will, and then what, re-release the same song from February again in November?

There's no way they'll do this.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Dear, Dear me...I still haven't heard Eilish's song. coz I was holding out to hearing it next month at the Cinema.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Dear, Dear me...I still haven't heard Eilish's song. coz I was holding out to hearing it next month at the Cinema.

Well, you could listen to it now, and then by November you'll have forgotten about it.

Well, you could listen to it now, and then by November you'll have forgotten about it.

That's the problem.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Still going to avoid the song until I get to hear it for the first time when I see the film itself, it's just a damn shame the wait will be even longer now. I hope it's good.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I would say on the record companies part it might be an idea to remove this from all streaming platforms, the song didn't get a physical release so it would be easy enough.

Then they can relaunch say October and then maybe give us vinyl 7" like they did with AWTD & SF.

This would create a ton of bad will, and then what, re-release the same song from February again in November?

Fair enough but if they leave it out there it is going to be very fresh as people will have been listening to it for the last 6 months or so.

Why would create bad will?

The film isn't coming out till November, pretty sure it would be understandable or do you think they should release Zimmer's score on March 27th as originally intended? Pretty sure that will be postponed.
    I think what is likely to be released is the 'Bond 25' album that will contain new arrangements of all 25 Bond title themes....that should at least keep us going.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Everyone already has downloaded the song on their PCs and their phones (I did), there's no way they're going to keep the song off the Internet. Piracy and all stuff will let people have it anyway.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I mean Itunes and Spotify.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I mean Itunes and Spotify.

I know, but people would still upload it through other means.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Believe me, having the Billie Eilish fanbase turn against the Bond fanbase is not something you’d want. And that would likely happen with a move like that.

It’s just darn lucky they didn’t release a music video yet. That’s the one trick up their sleeve to get people talking about the song. Billie has made some very edgy music videos (she has a very big creative input in those), so if she’s allowed to do it with Bond, that might make a splash.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    The song is out. There’s no way to recapture it’s release as promotion for the movie. And no a video for a song that came out (what will feel like) a year ago won’t do it either.

Fair enough but if they leave it out there it is going to be very fresh as people will have been listening to it for the last 6 months or so.

Why would create bad will?

The film isn't coming out till November, pretty sure it would be understandable or do you think they should release Zimmer's score on March 27th as originally intended? Pretty sure that will be postponed.

It’ll create bad will because they’ve already released the song. They’ve postponed the film, and now they’re taking away the theme song? Bad will.

Yes, they’ll definitely postpone the score; the difference is it hasn’t been released yet.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    A music video would definitely keep this seemingly fresh around October, perhaps for Global James Bond Day.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Now I have the greatest task more than any Ancient Greek Hero ever had.....to wait till November before I hear Eilish's song. Although, I'd be surprised if this exact song makes it into Daniel Kleinman's title sequence. Just have a feeling a new song might be recorded. The Pretenders did 'Where Has Everybody Gone?' & 'If There Was A Man' for TLD. Eilish can easily do another song with Zimmer, Finneas & Marr. And since Zimmer's score won't be released until November, Zimmer can also incorporate the new song into his score. Just a thought though, just trying to make us feel better....as a move like this would still make the film look fresh for November.
    Now I have the greatest task more than any Ancient Greek Hero ever had.....to wait till November before I hear Eilish's song. Although, I'd be surprised if this exact song makes it into Daniel Kleinman's title sequence. Just have a feeling a new song might be recorded. The Pretenders did 'Where Has Everybody Gone?' & 'If There Was A Man' for TLD. Eilish can easily do another song with Zimmer, Finneas & Marr. And since Zimmer's score won't be released until November, Zimmer can also incorporate the new song into his score. Just a thought though, just trying to make us feel better....as a move like this would still make the film look fresh for November.

But they tailored this song to fit that moment in the movie. She could record a fresh song for the end titles.
    vzok wrote: »

But they tailored this song to fit that moment in the movie. She could record a fresh song for the end titles.

Yeah, At the moment a New Bond song by Eilish will just be the ideal thing to do. It's likely Eon are even thinking about it.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I was shopping for clothes yesterday in a shopping mall nearby and NTTD came on the radio. Quite soothing. :D
    A video is the best outcome. Maybe even get CJF to direct it and have Lashana Lynch star in it….also, the song is the ‘theme song’ for NTTD. So use it in the marketing relentlessly.

Plus, the ‘Billie’ impact won’t die out. She’ll attend the premiere in one of her gaudy outfits and meet Prince Charles dressed as a sulky teenager. That’s tabloid fodder you can’t avoid. Plus, you can have her and Finneas actually join the press tour. Much like Sam Smith did for SP.

The other thing you could do, is ask her and Finneas to record a new end-titles track. If I was Eon, I’d at least ask them……considering how enthusiastic they were to do NTTD, I’m sure they have another idea. Especially now they have seen the final film.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    It's ironic how "Fool me once, fool me twice, Are you death or paradise" could now relate more about the fans frustrations at the decision makers (Eon, Universal) than for Bond in the film

In all seriousness, even though the song is better than I expected if not underwhelming, any song would struggle to be impactful on the charts 7 months after it's release, this isn't the 80's
    The ideal thing is simply to get Zimmer, Marr, Finneas & Eilish back for another song. The current song will wear out eventually, but it can make the End Credits. This is the perfect opportunity to have multiple songs from the same Composer & Artist in a Bond film.....it happened last with TLD & that Score up till now, is just Ultra-Stellar.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,497
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    It's ironic how "Fool me once, fool me twice, Are you death or paradise" could now relate more about the fans frustrations at the decision makers (Eon, Universal) than for Bond in the film

In all seriousness, even though the song is better than I expected if not underwhelming, any song would struggle to be impactful on the charts 7 months after it's release, this isn't the 80's

The new release date for NTTD has only been set yesterday. It's not going to be in the charts for 7 months, but it won't go away for the next two-three either.

And they'll probably re-release it if necessary.

@GadgetMan your fantasies are amusing, but pointless.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

The new release date for NTTD has only been set yesterday. It's not going to be in the charts for 7 months, but it won't go away for the next two-three either.

That's very true mate. Although what would be the point in rereleasing something that was out 7 months prior? Most people have heard it now

That's very true mate. Although what would be the point in rereleasing something that was out 7 months prior? Most people have heard it now

Anything is possible these days. :-?

Yes but luckily it's so forgetable that it will sound new to many people if they rerelease it in November.

Getafix wrote: »

Yes but luckily it's so forgetable that it will sound new to many people if they rerelease it in November.

Hahaha top comment

@JamesCraig very true mate
    Eilish is now the first Bond Artist whose track was released way,way,way too early before the film's release. Unintentionally of course....wonder how she feels about the news though.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2020 Posts: 5,932
    Eilish is now the first Bond Artist whose track was released way,way,way too early before the film's release. Unintentionally of course....wonder how she feels about the news though.
    She probably doesn't think much tbh, although it's probably gonna be good for the song regardless because the film will promote it again during marketing and the film itself so more people will buy, download and stream.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    She probably doesn't think much tbh, although it's probably gonna be good for the song regardless because the film will promote it again during marketing and the film itself so more people will buy, download and stream.

I've been meaning to get a delay pedal for my guitar setup for awhile now... but I keep putting it off...
    #DelayHumour
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    A video is the best outcome. Maybe even get CJF to direct it and have Lashana Lynch star in it….also, the song is the ‘theme song’ for NTTD. So use it in the marketing relentlessly.

Or Craig or Seydoux, considering the song is about their characters.