NO TIME TO DIE (2020) by Billie Eilish - Theme Song Discussion

Comments

Awesome. Love that tune.
    Great catch, @GetCarter!
    GetCarter wrote: »
    Just to complete my earlier aside, A-ha finished their gig with a 12 minute, crowd-involved The Living Daylights jam. It was magical. They incorporated some original bond theme riffs too. Made my day! Ahem, carry on.

Very cool! Thanks for the update.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Still liking the track, but put off a little because:
    Her thoughts on who should be the next Bond:

"Honestly, Michael B. Jordan would kill that shit. I think he’d kill it."

Yeah, no.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,541
    @JeremyBondon If Michael B.Jordan became bond he would not only kill that shit, he would kill off the whole series :P
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    He is excellent: I thought he stole Black Panther away completely from Boseman. But he's an all-American guy: not very Bond.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I know @mtm i was just kidding ;) . He is an excellent actor.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,840
    [deleted]
    This showed up in my Sunday paper today. Seems like not everyone in big media is in on the love fest. https://herald-review.com/entertainment/music/a-very-unofficial-ranking-of-the-best-bond-theme-tunes/article_bd6c240a-e333-563a-ba06-9348ded62e0c.html

Also some interesting choices for his top 10.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I know @mtm i was just kidding ;) . He is an excellent actor.

I didn't think you weren't kidding...?
    There you have the next title:
    "License to kill that shit - honestly"
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    boldfinger wrote: »
    There you have the next title:
    "License to kill that shit - honestly"

..."Duh"

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Billie Eilish talks like a typical 18 year old girl?

Who woulda thought!
    And the Boomer says.............................. How in the world did this become "typical".
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    If you don't interact enough with young people, it's understandable their lingo would sound alien.

"Killed it" is basically the new "nailed it".
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I don’t think anybody’s not understanding what she’s saying, or even complaining about the way she said it: so stand down on all of that ‘boomer’ nonsense. We’re just all -all of us- disagreeing with her casting idea.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    We can't blame her, maybe she grew up with Jordan's movies.....maybe he's her Hero & she's just talking out of excitement. Afterall, she's the most popular female on the planet right now. What am so happy about is the escape of getting an Ed Sheeran Bond theme....I just couldn't stomach that idea.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    BT3366 wrote: »
    This showed up in my Sunday paper today. Seems like not everyone in big media is in on the love fest. https://herald-review.com/entertainment/music/a-very-unofficial-ranking-of-the-best-bond-theme-tunes/article_bd6c240a-e333-563a-ba06-9348ded62e0c.html

Also some interesting choices for his top 10.

Could you provide a screenshot, please? The website is not allowed in the E.U.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2020 Posts: 13,882
    I thought "slay" was the new "nailed it". :-??

Enough with the boomer chit allready. Not everyone over 18 is 75. I'm only 34, and even I can't keep up.
  • Daniel316Daniel316 United States
    Gadgetman: you're not the only one who couldn't stomach an Ed Sheeran theme as an idea, that idea..was just so bad it was almost laughable honestly
    Daniel316 wrote: »
    Gadgetman: you're not the only one who couldn't stomach an Ed Sheeran theme as an idea, that idea..was just so bad it was almost laughable honestly

Indeed....we wouldn't want a Bond theme sounding like Hobbits from the Shire.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Bond 26: Michael B. jordan as Bond and Ed Sheeran for the song. Killer shit!

Bond 26: Michael B. jordan as Bond and Ed Sheeran for the song. Killer shit!

IN TIMOTHY DALTON'S VOICE: No Way!!!!!!! :D
  • RyanRyan Canada
    That would be so lit fam. That song would be fire.

Wow, I'm only nine years older than her and even I'm having trouble understanding. Kids these days. Get off my lawn!

On a serious note though, Michael B. Jordan is a fantastic actor. I can see why he's incredibly popular right now, but he would be totally wrong for Bond. As someone else said, he's too American.
    Awesome. Love that tune.
    Ryan wrote: »

Wow, I'm only nine years older than her and even I'm having trouble understanding. Kids these days. Get off my lawn!

On a serious note though, Michael B. Jordan is a fantastic actor. I can see why he's incredibly popular right now, but he would be totally wrong for Bond. As someone else said, he's too American.

Yes he's definitely got charisma. Really enjoyed the Rocky sequels with him.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Getafix wrote: »
    Awesome. Love that tune.
    Ryan wrote: »

Yes he's definitely got charisma. Really enjoyed the Rocky sequels with him.

Yeah I’ve only seen the first one but it was surprisingly good. Kind of surprised he isn’t an even bigger star.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    He'll always be little Wallace to me, heartbreaking episode of the greatest TV show of all time.

He's a fantastic actor but Bond no thank you.

BE's is your typical 18 year old, I'll cut her some slack, like a lot of people she has no idea what kind of actor would make a good Bond.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I’ve not seen Little Wallace; never heard of it to be honest.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,721
    'Where's Wallace?! Where's Wallace?!"

The Wire is my second favourite show of all time (after The Sopranos)
    And it stars everyone else's favourite James Bond - Idris Elba.