The Fast and the Furious (2001 - present)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Universal drops ‘Fast and Furious’ producer Neal Moritz from ‘Hobbs and Shaw’ and all future sequels. Article confirms the latest Fast & Furious installment to commence shooting in a few weeks:

https://www.slashfilm.com/fast-and-furious-lawsuit-neal-moritz/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Universal drops ‘Fast and Furious’ producer Neal Moritz from ‘Hobbs and Shaw’ and all future sequels. Article confirms the latest Fast & Furious installment to commence shooting in a few weeks:

https://www.slashfilm.com/fast-and-furious-lawsuit-neal-moritz/

I wonder then if Jason Statham and Dwayne Johnson can actually make a shock return to Fast & Furious 9 after their Hobbs & Shaw spin-off (and very possible sequels). As that film has wrapped filming, Statham now has a clear schedule ahead of him, while Johnson has just finished Jumanji 3, and who knows when he'll start production on his globe-trotting action/thriller Red Notice with Gal Gadot.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Michelle Rodriguez has agreed to return for the ninth installment now that a female writer has been hired:

http://collider.com/fast-and-furious-9-michelle-rodriguez-female-writer/
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,376

God yeah this is going to be fun, I love the fact that they are incorporating The Rocks Samoan background

...I want that track from the first few mini trailers
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Final trailer for Hobbs & Shaw confirmed to arrive tomorrow.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So... what makes this a spin off? It's no different than the other movies.

This trailer did make me laugh.
    Helen Mirren & Charlize Theron are officially returning in Fast 9.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/07/08/charlize-theron-helen-mirren-fast-9/
    Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw officially clocking in at 2 hours & 14 minutes.
    The original Crew members from the FF films are not in it. Like Vin Diesel. Noone ever said a spin-off has to be much different from ist source. Usually it´s called a spin-off if one or more not-main characters get their own Show.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    boldfinger wrote: »
    The original Crew members from the FF films are not in it. Like Vin Diesel. Noone ever said a spin-off has to be much different from ist source. Usually it´s called a spin-off if one or more not-main characters get their own Show.

I'm just saying, aside from a little cameo, the exact same can be said for Tokyo Drift, a main title in the series. This is effectively taking a place as the ninth film in the series, it doesn't meed to be a spin off.
    I’ve lost touch with this. Are Hobbs and Shaw in FF9?
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 5,767

I'm just saying, aside from a little cameo, the exact same can be said for Tokyo Drift, a main title in the series. This is effectively taking a place as the ninth film in the series, it doesn't meed to be a spin off.
    Well, yes and no. You are correct technically, @Agent007391. But by the time of the third film, the Franchise didn´t have much of an identity. Starting with the fourth film it took shape as a continuing series. And with the fifth one it really found its Momentum. The first, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th films are closely related to the gang around Vin Diesel and Paul Walker´s characters. And in that regard Shaw and Hobbs is a spin-off.
    Bean counting, I know, but I´ve got a day off today ;-).

vzok wrote: »

@vzok, I think not. I hope not, because with them the film would be too crowded. I would much prefer them instead to give the original Crew members more screen time.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Well, yes and no. You are correct technically, @Agent007391. But by the time of the third film, the Franchise didn´t have much of an identity. Starting with the fourth film it took shape as a continuing series. And with the fifth one it really found its Momentum. The first, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th films are closely related to the gang around Vin Diesel and Paul Walker´s characters. And in that regard Shaw and Hobbs is a spin-off.
    Bean counting, I know, but I´ve got a day off today ;-).

vzok wrote: »

@vzok, I think not. I hope not, because with them the film would be too crowded. I would much prefer them instead to give the original Crew members more screen time.

Hobbs is sort of surplus to requirements now in the main series. He was very shoehorned in to the eighth film.

The character is still fun though, so I'd be happy for him to have his own films.
    I wonder if H&S will become the series that continues the wise-cracking action movies, whilst at some point FF will return to it’s car racing roots.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 15,690
    First reviews are out:

The film's highly elaborate physical scenes and innumerable effects reflect the money said to have been spent, and they mostly pay off in action that's both visceral and amusing.

Make no mistake: “Hobbs & Shaw” is fun, but it’s so ludicrously over-the-top, it makes the comic-book logic of your average Marvel movie look reasonable by comparison.

Hobbs & Shaw is an action movie as a meme; the entire film is a self-effacing wink at the audience. It delivers to us what we want in a movie where Johnson and Statham are filmed 85% of the time in slow-motion: good dumb fun.

Edit: The film is currently at 61/100 on MetaCritic and 78% on RottenTomatoes.

Critics consensus on RT: Hobbs & Shaw doesn't rev as high as the franchise's best installments, but gets decent mileage out of its well-matched stars and over-the-top action sequences.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I was going to watch this film in theatre hoping to get the glimpse of first teaser of Bond25 but since it's not happening anytime soon I won't.
    Hobbs & Shaw sounds...limp.
    Nobody seen this one yet? Saw it last week. Not the greatest.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Saw it. I´m ambivalent. Lot´s of fun, especially the chemistry between the two protagonists., All in all a cool film if you turn off your brain. But it left a bit of emptiness in me. Not that there would have been any other FF film that didn´t do that. The action wasn´t as cool as it should have been, considering what is shown. It was either the editing, or the CGI, or both, that made a lot of cool stunts appear a bit lifeless. For a moment I was thinking maybe I´m getting too old for this shit, but I´m among those who really dig QoS and the last Jason Bourne film, so it can´t be that.
    It´s hard to say if it is better or worse than most of the other FF entries, because the only FF film that left a lasting impression on me is the 5th, I can´t remember much from the others :-)).
    Saw it last night. Had a total blast with it. Can't wait to own it on Blu Ray, and I hope they green-light a sequel.
    Michael Rooker (Guardians of the Galaxy, The Walking Dead) has joined the cast of Fast 9.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/fast-and-furious-9-michael-rooker-joins-cast-vin-diesel-1202671669/
  • Now that's a great cast addition. B-)
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Hobbs and Shaw is the perfect summer confection! It's light, it's funny and it's airy. There are plot holes big enough to drive a Mack Truck through. The villain is never really seen on screen just a voice. Smart to set up for a sequel. The Rock and Jason have good chemistry and seem to be having fun while doing the movie. I felt that the movie lacked a certain heart and I am not sure if there was many nods or characters from F&F in the movie as I haven't seen many of them.

I'd say 4 out of 5 from me!
    Now that's a great cast addition. B-)
    Oh yes it is indeed!

edited November 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Fast & Furious 9 has officially finished filming. The film comes out in just over 6 months from now.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Fast & Furious 9 has officially finished filming. The film comes out in just over 6 months from now.
    Which is odd because I’m fairly sure I actually came across the set of it today in Acton(!) and they certainly hadn’t finished shooting.
    mtm wrote: »
    Which is odd because I’m fairly sure I actually came across the set of it today in Acton(!) and they certainly hadn’t finished shooting.

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-11-11-a-19-43-07.png