Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I think I will have get Alien: Isolation it sounds good

It’s easily one of my all time favorite games.

Its included with Xbox One game pass, will definitely have a look, excellent trailer
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    I started this months ago, when I was streaming, but sicne I gave that up, I restarted the story a few days ago.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    I started this months ago, when I was streaming, but sicne I gave that up, I restarted the story a few days ago.

Looking forward to finally playing this on PC. I heard they clock it at 60 FPS, and graphically it is beautiful, per reviews.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Mazouni wrote: »
    Just bought Hitman 2.

My second to least favorite in the series. Just didn't feel like much of an upgrade at all from its predecessor, which seemed to have much better maps and more interesting targets.

It a pretty decent game so far. I've been wanting to play an espionage game for a while and this is the closest thing to one.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just bought Hitman 2.

My second to least favorite in the series. Just didn't feel like much of an upgrade at all from its predecessor, which seemed to have much better maps and more interesting targets.

It a pretty decent game so far. I've been wanting to play an espionage game for a while and this is the closest thing to one.

I suppose it's not inherently bad, minus all of the bugs and glitches, it just didn't impress me that much the way the jump from Absolution to Hitman 2016 did.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Luigi's Mansion 3
    I'm on my second playthrough of this game and it's a blast. It takes the best elements of the first two games and mashes them together nicely while being trying out new things that weren't in the previous titles. It has a tremendous amount of polish and it handles great. This one is best played on the TV. I missed some things in my first play through so I'm going back through to find what I missed and make some different decisions I didn't realize I could make during my first run. I dare say I enjoyed this more than Super Mario Odyssey. Which is a great game but Luigi's Mansion 3 is just packed to the gills with so much charm that It's one of the Switch's best titles. Well worth it.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Luigi's Mansion 3
    I'm on my second playthrough of this game and it's a blast. It takes the best elements of the first two games and mashes them together nicely while being trying out new things that weren't in the previous titles. It has a tremendous amount of polish and it handles great. This one is best played on the TV. I missed some things in my first play through so I'm going back through to find what I missed and make some different decisions I didn't realize I could make during my first run. I dare say I enjoyed this more than Super Mario Odyssey. Which is a great game but Luigi's Mansion 3 is just packed to the gills with so much charm that It's one of the Switch's best titles. Well worth it.

Glad to hear positivity. I picked up the game but have not played it yet. The first one is one of my all-time favorite video games. The second while still good isn’t quite as replayable or interesting. Not expecting the first to be topped (the atmosphere + graphical style alone are the best), but hoping for a good experience with 3.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Luigi's Mansion 3

Glad to hear positivity. I picked up the game but have not played it yet. The first one is one of my all-time favorite video games. The second while still good isn’t quite as replayable or interesting. Not expecting the first to be topped (the atmosphere + graphical style alone are the best), but hoping for a good experience with 3.

I think you'll be in for a great time. 3 has a really nice atmosphere to it and it has a nice level of challenge. There were a lot of times where I was on the edge of my seat over certain puzzles I had to solve. It reminded me a bit of Resident Evil.
    Luigi's Mansion 3

I think you'll be in for a great time. 3 has a really nice atmosphere to it and it has a nice level of challenge. There were a lot of times where I was on the edge of my seat over certain puzzles I had to solve. It reminded me a bit of Resident Evil.

That’s cool; RE is a great series too. The biggest thing that let me down about 2 and worries me about 3 is that the creepy aspect of 1 was totally eliminated. Yes, it’s still cartoony, but it had more genuine creepiness and atmosphere to it than 2 had.
    Luigi's Mansion 3

That’s cool; RE is a great series too. The biggest thing that let me down about 2 and worries me about 3 is that the creepy aspect of 1 was totally eliminated. Yes, it’s still cartoony, but it had more genuine creepiness and atmosphere to it than 2 had.

You may be let down in that regard as tonally and visually it's more like Dark Moon but It does have a small level of creep factor to it. But it makes up for that in it's challenge. The puzzles in this game are well thought out and will leave you thinking on your feet.
    Luigi's Mansion 3

You may be let down in that regard as tonally and visually it's more like Dark Moon but It does have a small level of creep factor to it. But it makes up for that in it's challenge. The puzzles in this game are well thought out and will leave you thinking on your feet.

That’s good at least. I’m sure it’s very good. I just really miss when Nintendo had an edge to them and weren’t afraid to incorporate more dark and eerie moments in their games - another big example being Majora’s Mask.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Bus Simulator
    My company, Premier Travel (The better way to travel.),continues to expand at a steady pace.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Final Station this is a call back and a decent game
    Bioshock
    Never played any of these games until now, and knew nothing about them. Within minutes of firing the game up, I am met with the Art Deco style, and the game is already tickling my sweet spot.
    Bioshock
    Never played any of these games until now, and knew nothing about them. Within minutes of firing the game up, I am met with the Art Deco style, and the game is already tickling my sweet spot.

You're in for a damn good time, my friend. One of my all time favorite game trilogies.
    Bioshock

You're in for a damn good time, my friend. One of my all time favorite game trilogies.

In reading up about them, since, given their popularity, i'm surprised it took me this long to get around to them.

Don't know if you've seen any yet, @Creasy47, but reviews of Sniper Ghost Shooter: Contracts have started appearing online. Sounds like there are some issues, though not as much as the previous game, or quite so severe.
    Bioshock

In reading up about them, since, given their popularity, i'm surprised it took me this long to get around to them.

Don't know if you've seen any yet, @Creasy47, but reviews of Sniper Ghost Shooter: Contracts have started appearing online. Sounds like there are some issues, though not as much as the previous game, or quite so severe.

I've been following that, actually. Happy to see they've managed to get the game in a slightly better state for release but I think I'll still wait for a price drop on it, as it's surely another game I'll fly through, get the Platinum Trophy for, sell away and never touch again. Looking forward to returning to some sniping goodness, though.
    Bioshock

I've been following that, actually. Happy to see they've managed to get the game in a slightly better state for release but I think I'll still wait for a price drop on it, as it's surely another game I'll fly through, get the Platinum Trophy for, sell away and never touch again. Looking forward to returning to some sniping goodness, though.

They admitted to having bitten off more than they could chew, on the last one. Scaling the game back should have made it more managable. The hub areas still look a decent size, with multipe routes to objectives.
    No doubt - I hear it's a lot less sandbox-y now, which may help. I tire of those sprawling open worlds with vast areas of emptiness and a lack of intriguing buildings or structures to explore or activities to engage in. Makes it all seem pointless, a big world simply for the sake of it.
    Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts
    So far, it feels like a better made game than SGW3. What's funny, is that it feels a lot like SGW3 one minute, and different the next. Contracts is structued quite differently to preious games. There are 5 missions in the game (each one has a number of objectives as well as optional challenges), but the maps, while scaled back from SGW3, are still big enough to present multiple routes to try out. Though smaller, they are much better designed. And I don't know if it's me, but there is a feeling of Hitman 2 (the newest one, not Silent Assassin) to the menu screens. I can't say that I have encounted any bugs yet (I have only completed the tutorial, 1st mission, and had a taster of the second mission). Hopefully, all goes well, and they release more missions and add to what they have already created.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited November 2019 Posts: 6,730
    This year I played three recent throwback shooters. Dusk, Amid Evil and Ion Fury. They were all great. The final part of Amid Evil is visually insane, in the best possible way.

Just finished playing Max Payne 1 & 2. Such great games. I think I'm going to do a long write-up on both.
    Good stuff, @MajorDSmythe, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I recently tried out Borderlands 3 during its free weekend (I thought it was just a demo that was suddenly available but apparently not) and really enjoyed it. Going to try and pick it up during these Black Friday sales.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Bioshock

Enjoy my friend, Bioshock series - high art among videogames.
    Nothing like playing it for the first time.
    Good stuff, @MajorDSmythe, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I don't think it's worth full price right now. If they release more maps, it could be a bargain in a few months.
    QQ7 wrote: »
    Bioshock

Enjoy my friend, Bioshock series - high art among videogames.
    Nothing like playing it for the first time.

Oh I am. I wish I had gotten itno them sooner, but better late than never, I guess.
    @MajorDSmythe, that's what I'm awaiting - three to six months from now, some DLC released, price tag should be about 50% off.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia

Oh I am. I wish I had gotten itno them sooner, but better late than never, I guess.

They don't lose their charm with time, I would say.

But I must say that "Bioshock Infinite" when it came out in 2013 was one of the most astonishing games ever.

But I must say that "Bioshock Infinite" when it came out in 2013 was one of the most astonishing games ever.

I never played it on release but finally got a chance to a couple of years back when I picked up the Collection and it completely floored me in every sense of the word, from the art style and visuals to the twists and engaging story. What a damn good game it is.
    @MajorDSmythe, that's what I'm awaiting - three to six months from now, some DLC released, price tag should be about 50% off.

Given your feelings towards SGW3, I think you'll like this one a lot more. I encoutered my first bug yesterday. I was aiming down my scope, about to fire, when the guard who was turning to walk away, suddenly warped about 20ft foward. I was about to make strawberry jam of him, and... *zap*.

Infinite was the one that I saw which caught my interest. Even watching DarkSydePhill absolutely fail his way through (apologies to anyone if they a supporter of his), didn't put me off.
    Lego Star Wars II : Original Trilogy

Very fun game. It's like musical, with scenes from the movies playing out almost beat by beat, only with pantomine characters and John Williams score playing out without word spoken.
    @MajorDSmythe, at least it sounds like they got the bugs and glitches in order for the most part. SGW3 was an absolute trainwreck, from what I read, many months after release.