Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Following up my original post re. game boxes. Here are some of the stuff I currently have boxed up, and wondering whether to keep or not (images in the spoiler tag). The GBC/GBA boxes are in a good condition (few marks at all), and most of them have the inner packaging too. The PSP/GBA/GBC console boxes aren't in that bad condition either. The N64 boxes are a bit more worn. There's also some instruction booklets for games I don't have the boxes for, as well as the manual and other leaflets that came with the Wii console. Don't have the Wii console box anymore, so I can probably just throw away the Wii instruction stuff?

(Forgot to wipe off the iPhone lens before taking the photos; sorry about the ugly marks in the corners!)
    01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

If it were me I would probably keep hold of them and put in storage, years down the line you will probably enjoy the nostalgia of having a look through the items.

You might be right about this, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I'm in no rush to get rid, but it's nice to get some input what to do with the boxes. Before I sat down to look through the boxes, I did consider opening the boxes carefully and folding them flat like this (image found online):

Fire-Emblem-The-Sacred-Stones-Gba-Nintendo-Gameboy.jpg

This was before I discovered I had kept the inner packaging for most of them, so that's not a possibility now.

I regret getting rid of Consoles and computers I had, I would have had quite a collection though admittedly they would have filled an entire room lol. Prior to Consoles I had many of the Spectrum and Commodore computers as well as many electronic games.

That must have been a lot of games and consoles! Guess video games is something you'll always regret getting rid of. I know people that sold their Playstation 1's, their XBoxes etc. when the next generation of consoles were released. Some of them have bought used PS1's/Xboxes again afterwards, as they regretted selling them.

Generally I neglected previous generation consoles as soon as I got the new one, I like the fact Xbox have so many backward compatible games you can play

Backward compatibility is brilliant really. If I'm ever in the market for a new console, this will be a must. What I'd like to see even more is a console that's backward compatible multiple generations. Don't know if that's even possible.

The original PS3 was brilliant because it could do PS3, 2, and 1.

It did/does? I have a couple PS3's actually (one of which I had at the apartment I lived during my student days), but never tried playing older games on them. Both are the slim version though.

Still have my old PS1, so I can play the PS1 games whenever I want. The controller is a bit worn though, and sometimes doesn't respond properly.
    I am thinking of buying a PS4 Pro, mainly for the Uncharted games and Horizon.

Isn't there a PS5 coming soon?

True I should probably wait though I can get a pro at a reasonable price
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    At this rate, I'd suggest waiting for the next generation of consoles. Wouldn't make much sense to buy into a console now when the new ones are only a year or more out - but, having said that, I'm sure a Pro/XB1X will be much cheaper now than the next gen consoles will be at launch. If you do pick one up, wait a week or so - E3 will unveil a ton of price drops and sales, consoles included.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    At this rate, I'd suggest waiting for the next generation of consoles. Wouldn't make much sense to buy into a console now when the new ones are only a year or more out - but, having said that, I'm sure a Pro/XB1X will be much cheaper now than the next gen consoles will be at launch. If you do pick one up, wait a week or so - E3 will unveil a ton of price drops and sales, consoles included.

I have two Xbox Ones the only reason I was considering a Pro was because I can get one cheap, though it does make sense to wait till the next gen release
    I don't know what the next gen consoles will hold in terms of their launch titles, but I do know I'm incredibly eager for both backwards compatibility on the PS5 and the inevitability of the two new RPG's from Bethesda, including a new Elder Scrolls, one of my all-time favorite series.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,279
    For those of you with many gaming consoles; do you have them connected to the TV at all times, with the disadvantage of having plenty of cables sticking out behind it, or do you have the consoles hidden away – only taking the consoles out whenever you play them?

I don't play many games these days, and I'm thinking if I should store at least a few consoles away, keeping them from collecting dust etc.
    @Creasy47 Interesting the PS5 also having backward compatible games makes the console more appealing.
    @Torgeirtrap Only yesterday someone commented on all the cables behind my TV, I have alot of gadgets Consoles roku's fireTV etc, I have a hdmi switch which has five different things plugged into it, which I plug into one of the three hdmi sockets on my TV.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,279
    @Torgeirtrap Only yesterday someone commented on all the cables behind my TV, I have alot of gadgets Consoles roku's fireTV etc, I have a hdmi switch which has five different things plugged into it, which I plug into one of the three hdmi sockets on my TV.

I definitely need to get a HDMI switch – not only for gaming purposes. Most of my consoles (maybe all of them come to think of it) uses a SCART connection, and I have a SCART switch for those. It's a bit of a nightmare though, as those cables and the switch takes up a lot of space behind the telly.

That's why I'm considering boxing up a few consoles. I don't play that much, as I mentioned, and it would allow me to organise the cables behind the TV, as well as making dusting easier.

I definitely need to get a HDMI switch – not only for gaming purposes. Most of my consoles (maybe all of them come to think of it) uses a SCART connection, and I have a SCART switch for those. It's a bit of a nightmare though, as those cables and the switch takes up a lot of space behind the telly.

That's why I'm considering boxing up a few consoles. I don't play that much, as I mentioned, and it would allow me to organise the cables behind the TV, as well as making dusting easier.

I have watched alot of cable tidy videos on YouTube as I also need to sort my computer desk that's just as bad, I have even bought colour coded cable stickers, I have just not got round to sorting the messes out.

I have watched alot of cable tidy videos on YouTube as I also need to sort my computer desk that's just as bad, I have even bought colour coded cable stickers, I have just not got round to sorting the messes out.

Good idea – haven't thought of that! Definitely need to find a practical solution for cable sorting.
    @Creasy47 Interesting the PS5 also having backward compatible games makes the console more appealing.

Agreed. I'm happy to see Sony acknowledging they've dropped the ball in the past several years when it comes to backwards compatibility so I'm real happy to hear that as one of the first confirmed features the PS5 will support. I'm guessing it'll only go back to supporting PS4 games, but PS2-PS3 would be a HUGE deal and would certainly bring in an even wider array of customers.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Agreed. I'm happy to see Sony acknowledging they've dropped the ball in the past several years when it comes to backwards compatibility so I'm real happy to hear that as one of the first confirmed features the PS5 will support. I'm guessing it'll only go back to supporting PS4 games, but PS2-PS3 would be a HUGE deal and would certainly bring in an even wider array of customers.

There was at least a rumor Sony were attempting backwards compatibility with all their prior consoles for the PS5. No idea how far it'll go, though.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Max Payne 3
    I picked this game up from a local game shop for £3. I enjoyed the first 2, but I don't know why it took me until a few days ago, to buy this one. Playing this one now, I realise how much I have missed this series' unique style and its protagonist.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Max Payne 3 was a great follow-up to Max Payne 2.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    Pong.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Max Payne 3 was a great follow-up to Max Payne 2.

It is. The flashback scene, with Max in his leather jacket, made me nostalgic for the first two.
    Car Mechanic Simulator (X Box One)
    I've found my first Barn find a 68' Mustang Fastback. It's in my garage, and have started stripping it down, in between carryout out jobs on other cars as they care coming in. In a club for the game, I have been posting images of the restoration, as it progresses.
    I bought Judgement (Yakuza spin off) and getting into it also bought Yakuza 0 and I've been playing those two games.

I'm planning of playing rest of the Yakuza games after that, starting from Yakuza Kiwami.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 13,894
    SharkBait wrote: »
    I bought Judgement (Yakuza spin off) and getting into it also bought Yakuza 0 and I've been playing those two games.

I'm planning of playing rest of the Yakuza games after that, starting from Yakuza Kiwami.

I haven't played Judgement yet. But I highly recommend the Yakuza series to anyone. Strong stories, furious action, and a bizarre sense of humour. I'm actually replaying Yazuka 0 for my Youtube channel.

How much longer do we have to wait for news of remasters of Yakuza 3, 4 and 5? We are already being drip fed news for the next.

Car Mechanic Simulator (X Box One)
    Still grinding my way to rank 35, so I can unlock body repairs, and continue my 68' Mustang Fastback restoration.
    Final Fantasy XV. I haven't enjoyed one like this since VIII.
    Car Mechanic Simulator
    Reached rank 30 which unlocks a 3rd ramp, as well as a room for respraying. 5 more ranks and I can repair bodywork. Then I can continue the restoration of my '68 Mustang Fastback.

Assassin's Creed: Origins
    I finally worked my way around to starting this one.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    just a quick one, does the mi6 community have a discord server i could join?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Need to get back into video games used to play Mario games and Sonic and some sports

I don't believe we do. Might be something worth looking into.

I don't believe we do. Might be something worth looking into.

Please do.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 23,327
    INSIDE Xbox One free to download with GOLD, missed this when it was released. This game is very atmospheric and cinematic...

The music in the trailer reminds me of John Carpenter
    Bloodstone... Has it really been nearly 10 years since the last Good James bond game (Goldeneye 2010 came out the same year and Goldeneye Reloaded is the same game so yeah that is why I said what I said even though there are time Reloaded is actually the better game for me)

I just find it sad that post Bloodstone/Reloaded we got a DLC pack disguised as a full fledged game (Legends) an awful Mobile Game and a decent fan made game in Goldfinger 64 (from what I can tell still haven't figure out how to make the bloody thing work) I just hate how Espionage games at large are dead but at least I lived through the glory years of EA's Bond Era 2 decent Mission Impossible games and of course 6 Splinter Cell Games 4 (if you cound PS2's Quantum as a different game which it is) great Activision Bond Games and Alpha Protocol (which I still dont get tired of)

oh well
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 235
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Bloodstone... Has it really been nearly 10 years since the last Good James bond game (Goldeneye 2010 came out the same year and Goldeneye Reloaded is the same game so yeah that is why I said what I said even though there are time Reloaded is actually the better game for me)

I just find it sad that post Bloodstone/Reloaded we got a DLC pack disguised as a full fledged game (Legends) an awful Mobile Game and a decent fan made game in Goldfinger 64 (from what I can tell still haven't figure out how to make the bloody thing work) I just hate how Espionage games at large are dead but at least I lived through the glory years of EA's Bond Era 2 decent Mission Impossible games and of course 6 Splinter Cell Games 4 (if you cound PS2's Quantum as a different game which it is) great Activision Bond Games and Alpha Protocol (which I still dont get tired of)

oh well

Only espionage game that has hope is Splinter Cell right now in my opinion. Spy games are not a big demand in the market nobody really enjoys them compared to fast paced fps games such as Halo and COD.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Im currently playing the third dlc chapter of Marvel’s SpiderMan and the game is great.

I wish we had a 007 game of this quality this gen.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    God of War
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Anybody familiar with the Star Citizen/Squadron 42 games? I've been doing some reading on their development process. Skeptical that they'll deliver everything they promise, to say the least.