Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @MajorDSmythe, at least it sounds like they got the bugs and glitches in order for the most part. SGW3 was an absolute trainwreck, from what I read, many months after release.

It's definitely running smoother than SGW3 did.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe, at least it sounds like they got the bugs and glitches in order for the most part. SGW3 was an absolute trainwreck, from what I read, many months after release.

It's definitely running smoother than SGW3 did.

That's good news. I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually. Keep me posted on your thoughts.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Finished Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts. Definitely needs more content. The story, which wasn't particularly memorable, ends with the suggestion of more work to follow. The warping enemies bug happened a handful of times throughout the game, but other than that, Contracts has been more reliable than SGW3, a lot more reliable. Not once, did I have to reload a checkpoint due to being stuck to the scenery. Now to attempt the challenges...
    Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts

Having finished the story, i'm now going through to see what trophies I can pick up. While working on the trophies for completing each mission on the highest difficulty (much, much easier than it sounds), I encounted the warping enemies bug, again. Only this time, I recorded and uploaded it to youtube.

That one wasn't just a few feet as before, he bounced off the building, and you can see him fly off over the hill!
    Mount & Blade: Warband
    Released on PC in 2010, console in 2016, and I only found out about this a few days ago. Rough around the edges to look at, but this game is incredibly addictive.
    The Swadian Knights are like the SAS, even at a numerical disadvantage, they'll take down a larger opposition with ease. Only down side is their 120 denar per head, wage. So far in my journey, I have...

- Met Lady Elina, she was being courted by some other count, she was affriad he was making improper advances, and she implored me to step in, she would be eternally gratefull
    - Challanged the count to a duel, and won (my rep with him went from 0 to -6)
    - Started courting Lady Elina
    - Successfully taken part in a handful of castle seiges (offensive)
    - Successfully taken part in a castle siege (defensive)
    - Had more battles than I could count
    - Own land in Praven, Suno & Uxhall as well as my own fief (Ehlerdah)

My army currently stands at 82, I did have 87 yesterday, but 5 lower rank soldiers fell in battle. They fought bravely, and won't be forgotton. I'm thinking of letting some of the lower ranks go, and using the ease on my in game wallet, to upgrade more of the middle rank soldiers to Swadian Knights / Swadian Sargeants, seeing as how they are the highest rank for cavalry / infantry in the Swadian army. It would also ease me of having to constanty break off chasing rival armies/forest bandits/mountain bandits/tundra bandits etc... to go and buy food for my men. I do own land in 3 towns, but less men now, would allow me to build up my denars quicker, then go and build my army. I have just under 20k, so I don't have anything to worry about yet.
    That good, ehh, @MajorDSmythe? I actually bought it on sale around the time it released on PS4 but never got around to playing it. The graphics are awful but it looked like a damn good bit of fun.
    Just a friendly heads up to anyone interested that Steam has an amazing sale going on until January 2!
    That good, ehh, @MajorDSmythe? I actually bought it on sale around the time it released on PS4 but never got around to playing it. The graphics are awful but it looked like a damn good bit of fun.

Oh you have to try it, @Creasy47. It's not a looker, but it is addictive. I have lost time playing it. I have thought about sitting down with it for an hour, and when I turn off my PS4, 3 hours have passed! Before you jump in, I would strongly suggest looking at some tips videoes on Youtube. And turn off the autosave. You don't want to encounter bandits right at the start of the game, when your army consists of 5 recruits.

I remember you saying that you enjoyed Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Mount & Blade: Warband isn't exactly the same, but could be seen as a companion game.

Oh you have to try it, @Creasy47. It's not a looker, but it is addictive. I have lost time playing it. I have thought about sitting down with it for an hour, and when I turn off my PS4, 3 hours have passed! Before you jump in, I would strongly suggest looking at some tips videoes on Youtube. And turn off the autosave. You don't want to encounter bandits right at the start of the game, when your army consists of 5 recruits.

I remember you saying that you enjoyed Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Mount & Blade: Warband isn't exactly the same, but could be seen as a companion game.

I actually didn't get to come remotely close to finishing Kingdom Come: Deliverance during the little time I owned an Xbox One, so I just recently bought it on Black Friday (the Royal Edition with all the DLC) for only $15. Trying to finish up most of Borderlands 3 before I shift over to it. Might have to make Warband one of the last titles I play on the PS4 before moving to the upcoming next generation consoles, as there's really nothing dropping in 2020 that has my interest, past the new The Last Of Us game.

I actually didn't get to come remotely close to finishing Kingdom Come: Deliverance during the little time I owned an Xbox One, so I just recently bought it on Black Friday (the Royal Edition with all the DLC) for only $15. Trying to finish up most of Borderlands 3 before I shift over to it. Might have to make Warband one of the last titles I play on the PS4 before moving to the upcoming next generation consoles, as there's really nothing dropping in 2020 that has my interest, past the new The Last Of Us game.

I didn't finish KCD either. Though I did recently restart it. Easily one of my favourite games of this generation. War Horse should be very proud of what they achieved, especially given how they aren't a AAA studio. There are a few games that have my interest in 2020. Zombie Army 4 in February, and then Sniper Elite 5 sometime later in the year, the Resident Evil 3 remake is due in March (I think).

No lie, I swear to my maker, I have 3 shelves with about 20-25 PS4 games, still in their wrapping. So I will be sticking with this generation for a while longer yet.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Finished up Death Stranding. For all the confusion that surrounded the game pre-release, the plot is actually pretty simple when you finally see it all play out.

I didn't finish KCD either. Though I did recently restart it. Easily one of my favourite games of this generation. War Horse should be very proud of what they achieved, especially given how they aren't a AAA studio. There are a few games that have my interest in 2020. Zombie Army 4 in February, and then Sniper Elite 5 sometime later in the year, the Resident Evil 3 remake is due in March (I think).

No lie, I swear to my maker, I have 3 shelves with about 20-25 PS4 games, still in their wrapping. So I will be sticking with this generation for a while longer yet.

I'm looking forward to returning to it soon. I need to finish up Borderlands 3 (almost level 40, nearing the end of the game) and I want to try out the DLC, and after I feel pretty definitively wrapped up with it and awaiting the next DLC, I'll probably return to Deliverance and dive back into that world. I need to finish up my new playthrough of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and its DLC (and that Platinum Trophy yet again), too.

I'm looking forward to returning to it soon. I need to finish up Borderlands 3 (almost level 40, nearing the end of the game) and I want to try out the DLC, and after I feel pretty definitively wrapped up with it and awaiting the next DLC, I'll probably return to Deliverance and dive back into that world. I need to finish up my new playthrough of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and its DLC (and that Platinum Trophy yet again), too.

I haven't played The Witcher 3 yet. I have the GOTY edition with a ton of dlc. It's just a matter of getting around to it.
    @MajorDSmythe, be prepared to sink dozens, if not hundreds, of hours into it, especially if you're exploring all of the content and maybe even replaying it on the toughest difficulty. It's one of my favorite games, no question.
    @MajorDSmythe, be prepared to sink dozens, if not hundreds, of hours into it, especially if you're exploring all of the content and maybe even replaying it on the toughest difficulty. It's one of my favorite games, no question.

So you get your money's worth then?
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. I had a GREAT time with it!

Absolutely, especially at the price it's at these days. Worth every penny.

Absolutely, especially at the price it's at these days. Worth every penny.

I think I bought mine for £15 or thereabouts. It's sat in my pile waiting. I never know which one I will try next.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 9,771
    Achievement hunting again as well as playing a few games I never played or couldn't get past the first level a few years ago and now I am

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate
    Hitman Blood Money
    and for the achievements
    Bloodstone (If I can just get past that bloody helicopter I will get like 3 achievments as I am trying to beat it on 007 mode any advice for that bloody copter would be appreciated I swear it makes Goldeneye for the n64 seem like childs play)
    Goldeneye Reloaded (This one I am close to getting at least 25 stars on the mi6 challenges I should be able to get it tonight)

And yes I will be going back into the bond Archives to play some older bond games like James Bond 007 for the game boy..

I would consider it depressing that I am playing older bond games on inferior systems still I start playing Live and let die for the Atari …. when that happens I will write a letter to the producers begging them for a decent game....

Hell if we got a good mobile game for No time to die I would gladly buy it (I said a good mobile Glu entertainment not a piss poor one)
    edited December 2019 Posts: 13,894
    What helicopter @Risico007, is it the one outside the Dam (before you go inside)?
    What helicopter @Risico007, is it the one outside the Dam (before you go inside)?

its the boss battle in bloodstone with rook
    @Risico007, can't count the number of times I've gotten all of the achievements/trophies on Blood Money over the years. Did it again a few months ago when they released the HD Blood Money/Absolution pack on the PS4 - managed the Platinum on both.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Bought Madden 20 and Far Cry New Dawn last night.
    Let me know how New Dawn is, seemed pretty fun. I haven't played the two most recent titles but I did love Primal.

Only played the first Far Cry on PC. The others did not look very good compared to the original.
    @Risico007, can't count the number of times I've gotten all of the achievements/trophies on Blood Money over the years. Did it again a few months ago when they released the HD Blood Money/Absolution pack on the PS4 - managed the Platinum on both.

I plan on trying to get more achievments on both of those games soon but right now realy digging Arkham Origins BlackGate and Goldeneye I am at 24 stars I just need 1 more to get 25 gamer score
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Let me know how New Dawn is, seemed pretty fun. I haven't played the two most recent titles but I did love Primal.

@Creasy47 its a direct sequel to Far Cry 5. It's a good play, but I highly recommend playing Far Cry 5 first.
    Mazouni wrote: »

Only played the first Far Cry on PC. The others did not look very good compared to the original.

I never played the original. I've played and beaten 3,4 and 5. Never could get myself to want to play primal.
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    I haven't bothered with the trophy/achievements very much but the number of times I've completed Blood Money over the years is staggering. Easily over 20 times.

Just finished it again about a month ago. Still loads of fun.