Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

Mazouni wrote: »
    Bought Madden 20 and Far Cry New Dawn last night.

Only played the first Far Cry on PC. The others did not look very good compared to the original.

I never played the original. I've played and beaten 3,4 and 5. Never could get myself to want to play primal.

Take that back I have played Blood Dragon and Far Cry 3 on the PC I enjoyed them. The newer one seem to get mixed reviews compared to the older one. Why I have not try them out yet.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I love American truck simulator got it on steam this Christmas and Euro truck 2 is great I'm still looking for a great single player and multiplayer campaign game ww2 on steam that isnt cod anybody know some good suggestions?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Only played the first Far Cry on PC. The others did not look very good compared to the original.

I never played the original. I've played and beaten 3,4 and 5. Never could get myself to want to play primal.

Take that back I have played Blood Dragon and Far Cry 3 on the PC I enjoyed them. The newer one seem to get mixed reviews compared to the older one. Why I have not try them out yet.

I played Blood Dragon. The 80s parody vibe is beautiful.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just picked up Alien: Isolation for £5 will take a look at it once I am home.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 235

Yeah I really enjoied that game a lot. Prob one of the best best Far Cry games.
    I still can’t believe the last bond game we got was in 2012
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

I honestly had to look that one up. I had never heard of it
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I'm currently playing Metro: Exodus.

Before that: God Of War & Uncharted IV.

I honestly had to look that one up. I had never heard of it

I would buy that game and play it if your a fan of 80's action movies.
    Risico007 wrote: »

Hate to say it but I think 007 video game franchise has come to an end.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Just picked up Alien: Isolation for £5 will take a look at it once I am home.

I absolutely love that game!

And now we’re officially in a new decade without Bond games. Hopefully the 20s will bring new Bond games soon.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2020 Posts: 23,376
    @BMW_with_missiles I managed to have a look at Alien: Isolation for an hour yesterday, it is very atmospheric I really felt like I was in the first movie. People on here recommended I play it, I have the Nostromo Edition I am not sure who that differs from other versions.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I went back to an old favourite of mine: F.E.A.R. I used to play it all the time, including its expansion packs and sequels. It's got the right amount of "J Horror" going for it. ;-)

bf8aeafd6a1321fa4dd111b75f4c323e.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @BMW_with_missiles I managed to have a look at Alien: Isolation for an hour yesterday, it is very atmospheric I really felt like I was in the first movie. People on here recommended I play it, I have the Nostromo Edition I am not sure who that differs from other versions.

I can't recommend this one enough to people who have yet to check it out. Wonderfully atmospheric and works as a nice tie-in to some of the films.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Where did it all go wrong? 20 years ago, little did we know that we were about to enter a golden age (imo) for Bond games.

105ad3217a2f29506704d058bf72cee3c84964c4.jpeg?auto=compress,format&fit=crop&h=353&w=616&s=92fbee15ac564ee0036ac6cd96b26777

Could this be the most overlooked game of 2019? I bought it on release back in March, but only now got around to trying it. The Occupation is a pollitical thriller set in Great Britain, towards the end of the 1980's. Following a terrorist incident that happens on British soil, the British Governent passes a controversial new act, called The Union Act, that threatens the civil liberties of the people of Britain.
    The USP of the game, is that missions are played in real time. So as a journalist, you're told you need to meet someone, to interview them, at say... 16:00. The time now might be 15:25. So that means you have 35 minutes, real time, to snoop around, and find any information to use when you interview that person. If you get caught somewhere you shouldn't be, rather than make you re-do the mission, you get taken to a security room, where the game moves on a few minutes, and then lets you go about your business, but with less time to do so. NPC's have movement patterns, but they aren't blatantly signposted. At one point, I needed to access an office, but the was a janitor going back and forth the room, so I had to decide whether to slip in between him going in and out, or wait for him to finish, but loose preecious minutes waiting. The slow pace won't appeal to everyone, but I would recommend this to anyone looking for something different.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I went back to an old favourite of mine: F.E.A.R. I used to play it all the time, including its expansion packs and sequels. It's got the right amount of "J Horror" going for it. ;-)

@DarthDimi I used to play FEAR and the sequels all of the time. Classic game, the original being the best. I would play it on surround sound with the lights off. Crazy how much it makes you jump.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

@DarthDimi I used to play FEAR and the sequels all of the time. Classic game, the original being the best. I would play it on surround sound with the lights off. Crazy how much it makes you jump.

@Last_Rat_Standing Yes! Same here. Clearing out all those rooms full of replicas can get a bit tedious after a while, but going deep underground, or visiting the post-apocalyptic ruins while Alma can show up anywhere at any time, now that's what I'm talking about. It's crazy how much I love these games. I don't think they were that well-received and yet I've always felt like they were made for me. I even keep the soundtrack on heavy rotation. ;-)

@Last_Rat_Standing Yes! Same here. Clearing out all those rooms full of replicas can get a bit tedious after a while, but going deep underground, or visiting the post-apocalyptic ruins while Alma can show up anywhere at any time, now that's what I'm talking about. It's crazy how much I love these games. I don't think they were that well-received and yet I've always felt like they were made for me. I even keep the soundtrack on heavy rotation. ;-)

Those nightmare ghost things in the fire rooms always freaked me out. Or just wandering through an office and having a body or invisible soldiers just pop out of nowhere.
  • Mazouni wrote: »

Where did it all go wrong? 20 years ago, little did we know that we were about to enter a golden age (imo) for Bond games.

It's such a shame. EON must know from how well the games used to do that they're sitting on a goldmine. If you found a studio to give it the Batman Arkham treatment then I reckon it could do really well.

But then to be fair, outside of Batman, licenced games aren't that common anymore are they? Maybe studios just see it as pointless spending the extra money nowadays. It doesn't really guarantee any extra sales, so they might think may as well just create an original IP.

That's the best we can hope for at this point I reckon. A game that is to Bond what Uncharted is to Indiana Jones. Something that cribs from it a lot but is still an original IP.

Speaking of Bond games, I've been listening to the GoldenEye 64 soundtrack today! I would love for the series to get new, good games again someday soon. Don't think anything could possibly top GE multiplayer though ;)
    Borderlands 3

Just got the Platinum Trophy, managed it all solo. Was pretty good fun overall, I'd say. Think I might wait for more DLC to release before I pick up the Season Pass (or deceptive "first four DLC season pass," likely hinting that more will come for even more $$$). I think it's finally time I move on to Kingdom Come: Deliverance (for good this time).
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I can't recommend this one enough to people who have yet to check it out. Wonderfully atmospheric and works as a nice tie-in to some of the films.

Unfortunately back at work so not had chance to get stuck into the game, though as a fan of Alien even boarding the space station was engrossing without encountering any hostiles yet. I love the fact the ship you start on is a Nostromo sister ship. Not got far only just crafted a medi pack for the first time.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

Unfortunately back at work so not had chance to get stuck into the game, though as a fan of Alien even boarding the space station was engrossing without encountering any hostiles yet. I love the fact the ship you start on is a Nostromo sister ship. Not got far only just crafted a medi pack for the first time.

The DLC Crew Expendable and Last Survivor both take place on the Nostromo and follow the events of the film (and they should be played in the order I listed). I’m not sure if the Nostromo Edition includes these or if they are still paid separate DLCs.

The DLC Crew Expendable and Last Survivor both take place on the Nostromo and follow the events of the film (and they should be played in the order I listed). I’m not sure if the Nostromo Edition includes these or if they are still paid separate DLCs.

Cheers I will check Microsoft store, for older games sometimes the DLC are free or just a couple of pounds. I will look on Youtube later to see what differences the Nostromo edition has.
  • Finished God of War. I really enjoyed it, with rich characters and an emotional story. I still think I prefer Red Dead Redemption 2 & Spider-Man as 2018 games, but that just shows the quality of that year.

I've been thinking about buying Arkham Knight, but haven't played any of the other games. Can I get away with not playing any of the other Arkham games, or do I have to play the other games first?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2020 Posts: 13,894
    The Occupation
    Completed the Metercentre mission. Took me a few goes to get it right, mind you. I gathered all of my leads, with 25 minutes to spare. Then had to wait those 25 minutes for my appointment. The real time setting is both a plus and minus. If you gather all leads, as I did, there's really nothing to do but wait until the time of your meeting. There isn't a way to wind time on. I supose I could purposely wander into a staff only area, to get caught and loose time. But I might end up loosing too much time, and miss my appointment.
    Yakuza 0
    After spending so long enjoying the cabaret club business game, I am finally setting my sights on progressing through the story. Just got to chapter 10. In just over a fortnight, the Remaster collection of Yakuza 3 to 5 is released, so I need to pick up my pace.
    Yakuza 0
    After spending so long enjoying the cabaret club business game, I am finally setting my sights on progressing through the story. Just got to chapter 10. In just over a fortnight, the Remaster collection of Yakuza 3 to 5 is released, so I need to pick up my pace.

These games never enticed me but I always think of Sleeping Dogs as a comparison when I see gameplay from this series.
    Yakuza 0

These games never enticed me but I always think of Sleeping Dogs as a comparison when I see gameplay from this series.

Sleeping Dogs was a good game, but Yakuza is better, much better. I liken them to The Yakuza (1974) in how they build up the would of the Yakuza, and pull the viewer/gamer right into the heart of it.

Meaty stories + bizarre humour + a fast and furious arcadey combat system. They won't appeal to everyone, but i'd reccommend looking into them.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 13,894
    Yakuza 0
    Christ on a bike, that last chapter felt like it was never going to end. I would hate to have lost the fight with Sibusawa, and had to return the the start of the chapter. On the other hand, seeing Kiryu and Majima simultaneously taking the fight to the Dojima Family (in separate locations) was balls droppingly baddass. The eventual meeting between Kiryu and Majima wasn't what I expected, Majima's transformation was especially surprising.

I'll be mopping up some trophies on Yakuza 0, before moving on to Yakuza: Kiwami. Probably won't go for the platimun (that'll require starting New Game+), but i'll see what others I can do in freeroam.