NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

DarthDimi wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    I don't think New Mutants is a fair example. That film was set to be released aeons ago.

So was Bond 25.

They had an all but finished film last year for New Mutants. NTTD is still very much in production. Not the same thing.
    @Mendes4Lyfe doesn't care about the facts. He just cares about causing controversy.

He craves a teaser. I wonder what for. A long time ago he stated that B25 was surely going to be a catastrophe.

I haven't changed my opinion.

Why do you post on NTTD related threads then? Wouldn't it be better to avoid them altogether?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Like I said, he only cares about causing controversy.

Most likely.

I'm not too optimistic about NTTD either, but at least I won't go around predicting it to be a catastrophe.
  • RC7RC7
    edited October 2019 Posts: 10,512
    I don't think New Mutants is a fair example. That film was set to be released aeons ago.

So was Bond 25.

They had an all but finished film last year for New Mutants. NTTD is still very much in production. Not the same thing.
    @Mendes4Lyfe doesn't care about the facts. He just cares about causing controversy.

He craves a teaser. I wonder what for. A long time ago he stated that B25 was surely going to be a catastrophe.

Still here, though. Like waiting for the dog to inevitably ‘dump’ * mod edit: on your face and revel in it.

Most likely.

I'm not too optimistic about NTTD either, but at least I won't go around predicting it to be a catastrophe.
    That’s why we like you, @Torgeirtrap :)

Most likely.

tenor.gif?itemid=8931024

:-)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited October 2019 Posts: 8,254

Most likely.

Exactly. @Torgeirtrap has not connected with this era, but he's always been respectful and articulate. He doesn't insult those that have enjoyed the DC films, and he stands waiting for NTTD as most of us do (although perhaps with more reservations than the rest of us), hoping for the best possible film. He doesn't need to trash something he hasn't seen, and it's not in his nature to stoop to such a level.

All in all, he's a Bond fan, not a gaslighter.

(and a solid human being, might I add)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Let’s just turn this into a @Torgeirtrap Appreciation Thread
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Let’s just turn this into a @Torgeirtrap Appreciation Thread

Be better than some of the stuff on here.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,043
    Mod Edit: Not neccessary.

Maybe he should stop being one then.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Shardlake wrote: »

Agreed.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Shardlake wrote: »

This is the equivalent of "he started it!"

Let's keep things civil.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Notice how there’s been nothing more regarding this?
    Thank you for the kind words, @peter!

DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Notice how there’s been nothing more regarding this?

Looks like @DeerAtTheGates was right.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,686

So was Bond 25.

Why do you post on NTTD related threads then? Wouldn't it be better to avoid them altogether?

Just remember that for all his doom and gloom, @Mendes4Lyfe was the only member to believe a 2017 release for B25 was possible.
    Whatever happens there will be a new Bond film in 2017.

Hence why I think his constant calls for the impending apocalypse about NTTD are a complete sham and he has simply been trolling for the past few years to get attention. ;-)
    The Bond fandom hasn't been this starved of new Bond material since the great 89-95 famine. Barbara, have mercy on us and at least release a new video blog! Or a picture! Anything!
    skeleton-parched-and-dead-of-thirst-on-cracked-mud-in-the-desert-W2G7PW.jpg
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I hate to admit it but I agree. We’ve all been more than patient for this movie, and we’ve dealt with the time gap/delays, etc. It’d be very nice if they released something. All we’ve had is a relatively underwhelming teaser poster, and a vlog of Jamaica.
    Number of days between first teaser trailers and UK openings:

SF: 159
    SP: 214

Number of days from today until the UK opening of NTTD: 175
    I preferred the SF teaser to the SP teaser so... we’re right on track ;)
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I hate to admit it but I agree. We’ve all been more than patient for this movie, and we’ve dealt with the time gap/delays, etc. It’d be very nice if they released something. All we’ve had is a relatively underwhelming teaser poster, and a vlog of Jamaica.

This is so sad. We’re not owed anything, there has been no delay on any teaser or trailer, just relax.
    We’re not owed anything,
    EON is not owed anything either. I never watched Spectre at the cinemas.
  • manovermanover uk
    It may be reasonable for mental health reasons to shut down this forum until a trailer is announced.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,834

...so we have 40 days (over a month) until the trailer surpasses SP? Sounds like plenty of time to me :)

And yes @PanchitoPistoles, you don't owe them, but EON will remain professional and realistic about people not seeing their film, whereas many here won't do that for the release of the trailer or for the film itself...

...and for the people that are saying we deserve a trailer now because of the delays to the film. How hard is it to understand that everything reset and started over when Fukunaga was brought on board and the release dates were changed? If the film was coming out in February, we'd have a teaser by now, but it's not so we don't, and we're still just over five and a half months away, so we have plenty of time for a couple of trailers.

If the teaser is released at the end of the month or beginning of next, my guess for the full trailer would be February. They could even release it with The King's Man, a film which took the February 14th spot after Bond 25 was delayed :)
    We’re not owed anything,

Wow didn’t know that. Did you take a disliking to the script after it leaked ?
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,400
    We’re not owed anything,

He saw it. As his posts in November 2015 and January 2016 confirm:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/517467#Comment_517467
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/543286#Comment_543286
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    There is a useful four letter word and @PanchitoPistoles is full of it.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    We’re not owed anything,

Of course I saw Spectre, I never saw it at the cinemas. Do I have to explain the difference?

@Shardlake Again, I never saw Spectre at the cinemas. Your personal insult won't change that. I never personally insulted you, why do you have to insult me? Btw, I saw CR 4 times at the cinemas since I loved it so much.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    We’re not owed anything,

Yes, I pretty much lost all interest in Spectre after I read the leaked script back in late 2014. And remember, this was a movie that Sam Mendes directed and I am probably the number one Sam Mendes fan of this forum.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Denbigh wrote: »

...so we have 40 days (over a month) until the trailer surpasses SP? Sounds like plenty of time to me :)

And yes @PanchitoPistoles, you don't owe them, but EON will remain professional and realistic about people not seeing their film, whereas many here won't do that for the release of the trailer or for the film itself...

...and for the people that are saying we deserve a trailer now because of the delays to the film. How hard is it to understand that everything reset and started over when Fukunaga was brought on board and the release dates were changed? If the film was coming out in February, we'd have a teaser by now, but it's not so we don't, and we're still just over five and a half months away, so we have plenty of time for a couple of trailers.

If the teaser is released at the end of the month or beginning of next, my guess for the full trailer would be February. They could even release it with The King's Man, a film which took the February 14th spot after Bond 25 was delayed :)
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76117400be88a3a6606c0f66ba187cf8f060eb559fe2&rid=giphy.gif
    We’re not owed anything,

Of course I saw Spectre, I never saw it at the cinemas. Do I have to explain the difference?

@Shardlake Again, I never saw Spectre at the cinemas. Your personal insult won't change that. I never personally insulted you, why do you have to insult me? Btw, I saw CR 4 times at the cinemas since I loved it so much.
    We’re not owed anything,

Yes, I pretty much lost all interest in Spectre after I read the leaked script back in late 2014. And remember, this was a movie that Sam Mendes directed and I am probably the number one Sam Mendes fan of this forum.
    What, did you illegally pirate it?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    We’re not owed anything,

We’re not owed anything,

What, did you illegally pirate it?

Anyone judging a film based on the abysmal quality a pirated version provides loses all credibility for life. So unless PP is playing some weird word game, we are indeed to deduce that he either went to an exclusive, private screening (but not at a cinema), or that he opted for a pirated version. The latter would be like judging a cook's food after it got spoiled.

What's even worse is that PP made a decision based on reading a leaked script. First of all, reading a leaked script... Yeah, I guess that makes sense, considering PP's legendary impatience. Sniffing at what's under Christmas Tree because little Timmy can't wait until Christmas Eve and all that. Sad. I'd be embarrassed. Secondly, the notion that a film is so much more than merely its script must have escaped PP completely.

So the one who advocated that Barbara Brocolli should be fired for her alleged incompetence selects about the worst steps one can take in discovering the latest James Bond film... Interesting.