NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• edited October 2019 Posts: 4,400
    It looks as though @antovolk is correct and Epsiode IX is coming with Terminator.

This confirms to me that Terminator will in fact be the film ta the trailer is attached to.....Eon may wait till days before the release or drop it a week or two earlier. Basically it's coming sometime before 1st November. Which feels like a lifetime!

it's more painful as we all thought it would come in early August with Hobbs and Shaw and then Joker this month. It's been three months of pain if it doesn't arrive until early November,
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    jake24 wrote: »
    FilmGuy24 wrote: »
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    Surely the most obvious release to debut the teaser is Knives Out. Thats coming November i believe

That’s what I’ve been thinking too. It even stars two actors from NTTD in Craig & de
    Armas. It’s like the perfect pairing.
    Can't see them delaying the teaser until mid to late November.

Did I miss a confirmation of when the teaser is/was supposed to be released?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »
    Surely the most obvious release to debut the teaser is Knives Out. Thats coming November i believe

That’s what I’ve been thinking too. It even stars two actors from NTTD in Craig & de

Is it delayed?

My sources have confirmed it'll arrive by April 2nd, 2020.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I keep wondering, because we know the teaser has been finished for quite some time. Even the usually well-informed guys who run this site had their predictions out for JBD.

So why didn't it happen? Did the marketeers decide that there's a better time to release it and has it been held back as part of a bigger strategy? Or is this the title all over again? Did EON commission a trailer, wanted to get it out on GJBD, but one of their partners didn't think it was good enough and they're re-editing it? Is that the hold-up?

Because I get the feeling that only releasing the poster on GJBD wasn't the plan. It was a let down for a lot of fans, and they know it. My guess is that they wanted to end on the teaser, but couldn't. The same way as they wanted to include the name of the film during the Jamaica reveal, but didn't.
    Humor and irony apart, I think this is a very good analysis of the situation, @DeerAtTheGates .

Of course you ask questions that nobody here can answer...
    :( ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Is it delayed?
    Obviously not. You know what I meant.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited October 2019 Posts: 524
    ggl007 wrote: »
    I keep wondering, because we know the teaser has been finished for quite some time. Even the usually well-informed guys who run this site had their predictions out for JBD.

So why didn't it happen? Did the marketeers decide that there's a better time to release it and has it been held back as part of a bigger strategy? Or is this the title all over again? Did EON commission a trailer, wanted to get it out on GJBD, but one of their partners didn't think it was good enough and they're re-editing it? Is that the hold-up?

Because I get the feeling that only releasing the poster on GJBD wasn't the plan. It was a let down for a lot of fans, and they know it. My guess is that they wanted to end on the teaser, but couldn't. The same way as they wanted to include the name of the film during the Jamaica reveal, but didn't.
    Humor and irony apart, I think this is a very good analysis of the situation, @DeerAtTheGates .

Thank you for the compliment! And indeed, those questions can't be answered. It's internal affairs at EON, and it should stay that way. At the same time, I find it interesting to think about why things went down the way they went down on JBD. I got the feeling something was 'off'. Whether the trailer was meant to be released that day or not, we'll never know, and perhaps it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but I can't escape the thought that this video was meant to build up to something (a time, a date), but it didn't in the end.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I took that video as 25 snippets from the Craig era in commemoration of the 25th film. I didn't expect it to build up to anything but it would've been nice.
  • RC7RC7

Is it delayed?

I don’t, actually. I know people keep inventing schedules which passive users take as read and then everyone kicks off based on nothing.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Is it delayed?

I don’t, actually. I know people keep inventing schedules which passive users take as read and then everyone kicks off based on nothing.

Well, I read it as it being unlikely that they would wait til mid to late November to release the trailer. That's all. I think you did know what he meant, despite your point also being valid.

The interesting thing about that video is:
    "Daniel Craig will return as James Bond in ..."

It doesn't say "Daniel Craig will return as James Bond 007 in ..."

So maybe he won't get the number back in the end.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

it's more painful as we all thought it would come in early August with Hobbs and Shaw and then Joker this month. It's been three months of pain if it doesn't arrive until early November,

My sympathies.
  • RC7RC7

Is it delayed?

Well, I read it as it being unlikely that they would wait til mid to late November to release the trailer. That's all. I think you did know what he meant, despite your point also being valid.

I didn’t actually read it like that, but if that’s what he meant that’s fair enough. Perhaps I’ve just become too acutely aware of people seemingly talking in absolutes when everything thus far has only really been hypothetical.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Is it delayed?

Exactly, thanks.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Is it delayed?

I didn’t actually read it like that, but if that’s what he meant that’s fair enough. Perhaps I’ve just become too acutely aware of people seemingly talking in absolutes when everything thus far has only really been hypothetical.

That's understandable and you're not wrong. Anticipation here has been heightened and people react to it in different ways, and one always rubs another up wrong at some point. Myself included.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Jan1985 wrote: »

The posters of FRWL and Goldfinger also said "James Bond Is Back In Action" and no 007 in the line. The 007 logo is there in the poster and in the title announcement it clearly says Craig is back as "James Bond 007"
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    ggl007 wrote: »

Thank you for the compliment! And indeed, those questions can't be answered. It's internal affairs at EON, and it should stay that way. At the same time, I find it interesting to think about why things went down the way they went down on JBD. I got the feeling something was 'off'. Whether the trailer was meant to be released that day or not, we'll never know, and perhaps it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but I can't escape the thought that this video was meant to build up to something (a time, a date), but it didn't in the end.

I got the impression this was what they were going to show on April 25 when the title was going to be A Reason To Die.
  • Jan1985 wrote: »

That is interesting. Maybe it's just a coincidence or something. It seems that even though Eon haven't really marketed this film that much so far, they are very much selling it as Daniel Craig is the star of the film, which I'm not sure they've ever really done before. Almost like they do with MI and Tom Cruise.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    The first screenshot from the trailer has been released:
    arxnRNB.png
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    The first screenshot from the trailer has been released:
    arxnRNB.png

How did this leak? Have you got friends at EON?
    :)) :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    That's photoshop 101. ;)
    mAgTEENh.png?1
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Any new predictions on when the trailer might land?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Any new predictions on when the trailer might land?
    giphy.gif
    I predict they'll just hold it until the wide release for Knives Out. At this point the simple connection of DC in the starring role makes more sense to me than trying to predict which action movie they'll hitch it to.
    Geno wrote: »
    I predict they'll just hold it until the wide release for Knives Out. At this point the simple connection of DC in the starring role makes more sense to me than trying to predict which action movie they'll hitch it to.
    It'll surely play in front of Knives Out, but I seriously doubt they'll hold off on releasing it until then.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Me thinks the end of October...

...not much to the prediction but the last two films were released at the end of October in the UK, not that that means anything haha :D
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Geno wrote: »

I’m not sure Knives Out’s team would be happy about all the talk being about another film. They wouldn’t want their thunder stolen, so to speak.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    How cryptic
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Minion wrote: »

Set photos?? Since Kodak has been tagged..wouldn't be a trailer
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Try this, subscribe anybody and find out ...