NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

I should have known this was the master plan!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    NTTD is actually the trailer for B26.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Walecs wrote: »
    NTTD is actually the trailer for B26.

:))
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 3,164
    some bad news - no trailer has been shipped for US screenings of Joker this weekend. Mind,, if anything this further opens up Saturday James Bond Day as an option for online but otherwise..Gemini Man? I'm just surprised really.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    antovolk wrote: »
    some bad news - no trailer has been shipped for US screenings of Joker this weekend. Mind,, if anything this further opens up Saturday James Bond Day as an option for online but otherwise..Gemini Man? I'm just surprised really.

So it's still possible for Global James Bond Day and more likely for next weekend, then. Thanks for the update!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    antovolk wrote: »
    Terminator: Dark Fate?
  • Univex wrote: »
    Cmon guys, the trailer will come whenever it comes. And then boom! total forums meltdown.
    Absolutely, but the point is that we know it's coming this week.

Is it wrong that I'm kinda glad, solely as it's another loss for @PanchitoPistoles - has he promised he'll leave if the trailer didn't drop this week? I can recall numerous times he made such a pledge only to balk, but unsure if he did it again.

Look.....I told you so.....I wouldn't be such a snide, but folk like @Walecs need reminding.
    It really isn't coming this week. It's already crammed with trailers. It'll almost certainly arrive next week and be attached to Gemini Man. Which is a far more comfortable fit than Joker.

gemini_man_ver7.jpg

It makes sense for Universal/UAR to drop the trailer next week. I know it sucks as we had our hopes up, but they'll probably drop a poster on GJBD and the tease that the trailer is on it's way on Monday/Tuesday.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    @Pierce2Daniel What are you even talking about? The week is not over yet. My father used to tell me a story about people who count their chickens before they hatched.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Yup. Trailer on Saturday seems way more likely now. This is EON we're talking about, they'll want something to promote on that day, and a DB5 on Trafalgar or Leicester Square ain't gonna cut it this time around.

Sure, @Pierce2Daniel, you may be right in saying that the trailer won't be in cinemas this week, but let's wait what happens on Saturday, shall we?

If @007 just tweets out promotions and contests that can only be entered by UK residents and gives us nothing on NTTD, *then* by all means, go ahead in saying "You were wrong and I was right". But we're not there yet.
  • NectouxNectoux São Paulo, Brazil
    Maybe the problem with this week isn't so much the amount of other trailers being released with Joker, but the movie itself. Every morning there's a new review, some news about Joaquin Phoenix, controversies about the plot and the tone, some hating, other loving it. It's a tough week to be really relevant.
    Would be nice if Daniel Barbara and micheal taped a special message attached to the teaser thanking us for our patience.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Would be nice if Daniel Barbara and micheal taped a special message attached to the teaser thanking us for our patience.

Highly unnecessary and would never happen. The film is still six months away.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Perhaps the movie itself. That would be nice. I could almolst forgive the whole delay.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Perhaps the movie itself. That would be nice. I could almolst forgive the whole delay.

If the film itself delivers and I find myself loving a new installment once again, that's more than enough for me. I've had no expectations regarding the first teaser trailer's release so I don't feel one way or the other about when it drops.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I don’t know who Daniel Barbara is, but I don’t think they need to apologize for anything.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    For all those still pissed at the delay, you’re just ruining it for yourselves to be honest. Everyone on the film has done their very best to get us where we are now, and to put them down for it at this stage is just unnecessary criticism about something that couldn’t be controlled. Thank you.

And to add I don’t care when we get the trailer cause no matter what on April 3rd next year I’m gonna be sitting down and watching what is looking to be a great entry to the franchise :)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Denbigh wrote: »
    For all those still pissed at the delay, you’re just ruining it for yourselves to be honest. Everyone on the film has done their very best to get us where we are now, and to put them down for it at this stage is just unnecessary criticism about something that couldn’t be controlled. Thank you.

It's also only technically a delay if they had actually planned on it going out today.

Which they likely did not.

We do not know.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Denbigh wrote: »

It's also only technically a delay if they had actually planned on it going out today.

Which they likely did not.

We do not know.
    Oh I thought they meant the “delay” for the film itself @CraigMooreOHMSS, cause that’s what I meant lol
  • WumpaJuiceWumpaJuice Vancouver, BC
    I agree that Saturday is a bad day to drop a trailer.

SO maybe first official one sheet on James Bond Day, and then trailer next week with Gemini Man? That'd be my best guess. They're certainly going to release SOMETHING on Saturday. I just doubt it's the trailer
  • weboffearweboffear Scotland
    why are we assuming that EON will debut the trailer in the cinema and not on their social media first ? is it not just as easy to post it on their social media this week and attach it to a cinema release next week
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited October 2019 Posts: 2,630
    It’s past 17:00 GMT and silence from Bond’s social media profiles. I wonder what it means.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    No "Focus of The Week" this week either. Maybe they are preparing an announcement tomorrow for Friday...
    No "Focus of The Week" this week either. Maybe they are preparing an announcement tomorrow for Friday...

That's true. Maybe they're waiting for Saturday? For the bigger reveal of a poster and a teaser on GJBD, perhaps.
  • RC7RC7
    It’s past 17:00 GMT and silence from Bond’s social media profiles. I wonder what it means.

That this thread will continue to aimlessly go on and on and on and on and on and on and on...
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

And they just posted an ad for a Bond themed Backgammon set for GJBD. Tomorrow maybe?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

Right.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    It'll have to be tomorrow for Saturday, I guess.
    But "Saturday at 0:07pm" is Friday at night for some territories, so maybe tomorrow morning we'll know something.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677

And they just posted an ad for a Bond themed Backgammon set for GJBD. Tomorrow maybe?

Can you imagine if that's all we get for GJBD, a Bond themed Backgammon set?
    ggl007 wrote: »

Right.

Know anything, @ggl007? Any info in the wind or in the backchannels of Bond-fan-community intelligence? :)
    Univex wrote: »

I'd get a good laugh if that's it. Imagine the reactions here. :))
    Univex wrote: »

I'd get a good laugh if that's it. Imagine the reactions here. :))

Yep, some people would then know what "worked up" really means. Certain member would have apoplexies, that's for sure :)