No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited August 2019 Posts: 832
    Could it be that the location filming has been light on action set pieces thus far because the film is pinewood heavy and because there's a big action scene at the end that the film builds up to?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I sincerely hope the movie isn't about cloning.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    66521748_359437348320178_2755026834294840002_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fadl3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

The blue and white umbrellas are giving me Queens Club/Hotel Fontainebleau vibes 😎 🌤 🏖️
    I sincerely hope the movie isn't about cloning.

I can understand the reason for concern, but personally I’m thrilled by the potential of the idea. Something Bond has not seen before, and could be terrifying if done well and realistically. I’m eager to learn more and see the specifics - if it’s even true.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I’m actually hoping that it is about cloning. This possible sci-fi twist interests me.
  • I sincerely hope the movie isn't about cloning.
    +1. Sounds really cheesy.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,168
    Though I’ll need some convincing first that this isn’t the Isle of Wite
    https://www.google.com/maps/@39.8571674,15.7922255,612m/data=!3m1!1e3
    Given it's the view from the set, the Great Arch cave ("Grotta del Saraceno") might be one of film locations in Italy.

ljt5.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I quite like the idea of Bond 25 ending with
    a soft, slow version of underneath the mango tree
    to bring things full circle.
    Lio007 wrote: »
    Given it's the view from the set, the Great Arch cave ("Grotta del Saraceno") might be one of film locations in Italy.
    Most likely he just snapped a photo on the way to Matera from this viewpoint:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@39.8560686,15.7929906,3a,50.6y,298.38h,90.57t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sDmpB4cpG9ltc-Y472yqHRg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
    Well why isn't there anything new or news. Any latest picture of Daniel Craig in Italy with any of his girls or Aston Martin?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Agent7F wrote: »
    Well why isn't there anything new or news. Any latest picture of Daniel Craig in Italy with any of his girls or Aston Martin?

Craig will be in Italy in September, apparently.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Not sure where you came to the conclusion that it's "wrapped."
    What?? He wrote "8 weeks and the film is essentially wrapped." Which is true.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    edited August 2019 Posts: 133
    THE KING AND SPY Prince Charles invited to star in new James Bond film during visit to set - just in from THE SUN

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9648694/prince-charles-star-james-bond-film/
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 787
    Well if first unit filming begins in Italy this week that is very interesting............

Though I’ll need some convincing first that this isn’t the Isle of Wite

I think this site clears it up:

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Spiaggia+Nera+in+Maratea

Also, in the name of pedantry: it's Isle of Wight.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Guys Cary is in Italy, end of story.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Only seven proofs that it isn t Isle of Wight? Can we have a few more, please?
    ICYMI, Enzo Sisti (production manager in Italy) is in Maratea as well:

And because of the Bond shoot a Dali museum will be closed on three dates:
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Station_Z wrote: »
    ICYMI, Enzo Sisti (production manager in Italy) is in Maratea as well:

And because of the Bond shoot a Dali museum will be closed on three dates:

Is Bond filming at the museum? That would be great.
    Video from Sassilive about the scene built at Matera: http://www.sassilive.it/wp-content/uploads/james-bond-25-scenografia.mp4?_=1
    Thank you for the confirmation. So, Cary is currently in Lido I Gabbiani.....does this mean that filming is taking place in the region this week before they move to Matera?

This location is around 120 miles away from Matera. I imagine he is there for a particular purpose. We know Matera filming begins in mid-August. So if the first unit is in Italy already, I guess they plan to shoot here next week. I'm craving set photos.

I think Matera may be Bond and Madeleine's wedding. Maybe Lido I Gabbiani is the honeymoon? It's very cinematic and Bondian

digital_159684.jpg?itok=daj3A8pU

spiaggia_cala_dei_gabbiani_tracce_di_sardegna.jpg?itok=C0tHBGJM

calabria-san-nicola-arcella-21.jpg
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Video from Sassilive about the scene built at Matera: http://www.sassilive.it/wp-content/uploads/james-bond-25-scenografia.mp4?_=1

Looks like three arches for a small chapel ultar? Wedding in the PTS overlooking Matera?? (Ahh cringing at the thought....)

Probably not though
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    One thing I know for sure. Bond 25 is shaping up to be one of the most intriguing and anticipated Bond films I can recall.
    With filming well on the way for several months, multiple locations, loads of set photos.
    And we still no next to nothing about the end result. Nearly everything is still speculation. I think it's fantastic.
    Imagine if EON went all the way to release without releasing a trailer!
    Give us a title. A poster. Then release the film in 2020.
    Could Bond still put bums on seats and take money at the box office, without a trailer? Does 007 have the ability to pull off the impossible?

Looks like three arches for a small chapel ultar? Wedding in the PTS overlooking Matera?? (Ahh cringing at the thought....)

Probably not though

I'm close to certain.

Bond and Madeleine will tie the knot in Matera. The notion of Bond falling in love and getting married isn't new.....

GW532H295

In fact, we may very well be getting the DAF we were promised in 1971 finally. Also, there's a very good chance that Bond will wear a tuxedo to his wedding and racing the DB5.....I'm drooling already.

I think the plot will play out like this:
    If the film really does feature a young Madeleine (and that's a BIG 'if'). Then we perhaps open with a nightmare sequence in the past before Madeleine awakens in the present and we witness her wedding during the PTS. However, it goes awry and she dies.

Bond blames himself and retires to Jamaica. However, later in the film he realises that he was never the target. The villain came after Madeleine. It's then down to Bond to piece together how Madeleine is linked to Malek.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Benny wrote: »
    One thing I know for sure. Bond 25 is shaping up to be one of the most intriguing and anticipated Bond films I can recall.
    With filming well on the way for several months, multiple locations, loads of set photos.
    And we still no next to nothing about the end result. Nearly everything is still speculation. I think it's fantastic.
    Imagine if EON went all the way to release without releasing a trailer!
    Give us a title. A poster. Then release the film in 2020.
    Could Bond still put bums on seats and take money at the box office, without a trailer? Does 007 have the ability to pull off the impossible?

I wouldn't be surprised with anything anymore
    Wait? Filming is complete?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Wait? Filming is complete?
    No.

Also, not sure why they insist on tweeting stuff like this but here you go:

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,554
    Something else to keep an eye on: remember that Madeleine had spent two years with Medecins Sans Frontieres.