No Time to Die production thread

Comments

talos7 wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    If Bond and Swann marry in the pre-title sequence, and then Swann is killed - explaining why Bond is alone in Jamaica - I suspect she reappears later in the film trying to protect her clone. Which suggests...
    🤔 😳

Speculation here, but if Swann dies in the pre-title sequence, but Bond later encounters a woman who looks very much like her, but has no knowledge of who he is (Swann's adult clone), he's effectively faced with the physical copy/"ghost" of a woman he loved, but, despite the DNA copy, she is not that same woman. That is interesting material to deal with. And may support the rumoured title as well. Just saying...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7,980
    As I’ve said, back in June, I think I was the first to propose this possibly . At first it was dismissed, but overtime others have seen it as a possibility.
    As of now it’s speculation based on the genetic plot line that has been confirmed and the casting of a young girl who looks like a younger Lea.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Maybe there are several clones. Then we are in X-Files territory. Sounds good to me.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Kind of hoping this whole cloning thing is not true. Seems too outlandish for a Craig-Bond film. Plus it reminds me of the Agent Under Fire video game.
    This sounds like a load of doo doo to me. I can’t for a second imagine the writers on this project have bond meeting a lookalike clone of a dead Madeleine.

However some form of genetic cloning, rooted in future science might be interesting. I don’t know the science but a genetic clone doesn’t necessarily have to look identical to the ‘parent’ clone I don’t think.

Something like spectre breeding a group of intellectually inferior expendable drones/clones to do their terrorist bidding might be interesting, but sounds like the plot of Star Wars episode 2
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited August 2019 Posts: 2,541
    If Bond and Swann marry in the pre-title sequence, and then Swann is killed - explaining why Bond is alone in Jamaica - I suspect she reappears later in the film trying to protect her clone. Which suggests...
    🤔 😳

Speculation here, but if Swann dies in the pre-title sequence, but Bond later encounters a woman who looks very much like her, but has no knowledge of who he is (Swann's adult clone), he's effectively faced with the physical copy/"ghost" of a woman he loved, but, despite the DNA copy, she is not that same woman. That is interesting material to deal with. And may support the rumoured title as well. Just saying...

Reminds me of X-Men wolverine movie were his GF silver fox turned up to him or Logan were his own clone fighting him.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7,980
    In the fan community, no matter what the plot turns out to be, some here will find it brilliant and some will say it’s rubbish .

Also, there is NOTHING they can do that can’t be compared to something that’s been already done, and the naysayers will do exactly that.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185
    I can't possibly imagine any of this being true (but who knows)
    But, and thats a big but, if cloning is a thing in B25 and they want to have Bond meet a former lover, then Vesper would be way more dramatic and impactful than Madeleine.

Not going down the Vesper route would be a waste of an outlandish plot device.
    But if that happens they might as well call the film Bond Runner 2019 already.
    Matt007 wrote: »
    This sounds like a load of doo doo to me. I can’t for a second imagine the writers on this project have bond meeting a lookalike clone of a dead Madeleine.

However some form of genetic cloning, rooted in future science might be interesting. I don’t know the science but a genetic clone doesn’t necessarily have to look identical to the ‘parent’ clone I don’t think.

Something like spectre breeding a group of intellectually inferior expendable drones/clones to do their terrorist bidding might be interesting, but sounds like the plot of Star Wars episode 2

Doo doo? Well clones naturally exist in nature. Twins are, effectively, clones, but while they share physical, and may share some personality characteristics, sometimes to a striking degree, they are still individual living beings. I did not say a Swann clone is identical to the character we have met, but I am saying such a copy would physically resemble the original but, of course, would not be that very same person. Animals have been cloned, and one day, legal or illegal, human beings will be deliberately copied too. It's not far fetched. It's around the corner.
    Matt007 wrote: »

Doo doo? Well clones naturally exist in nature. Twins are, effectively, clones, but while they share physical, and may share some personality characteristics, sometimes to a striking degree, they are still individual living beings. I did not say a Swann clone is identical to the character we have met, but I am saying such a copy would physically resemble the original but, of course, would not be that very same person. Animals have been cloned, and one day, legal or illegal, human beings will be deliberately copied too. It's not far fetched. It's around the corner.

+1

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    f80521c7047db0bec37bda27ac5a2fb81b101d0c_2_690x316.jpeg

a99a510c4bbb434e828045d8332a663d6022892d_2_666x500.jpeg

59e8a3a8be529a2c760b2a41cba1666cf631c1a1_2_690x318.jpeg

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    f80521c7047db0bec37bda27ac5a2fb81b101d0c_2_690x316.jpeg

a99a510c4bbb434e828045d8332a663d6022892d_2_666x500.jpeg

59e8a3a8be529a2c760b2a41cba1666cf631c1a1_2_690x318.jpeg

Linus & Cary in white straw hats
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    2020 is shaping up to be a big year for Scifi.
    No matter the plot, this film is going to look incredible.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Are people seriously poo-pooing clones? We had Bond in space in the 70s with a double take pigeon. Come on...
    My saying.
    Even Brofeld could have been made into a great Bond film if they had done it Right.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    The latest Jurassic Park entry has been criticized a lot for featuring a human clone, and that's a movie about cloned dinosaurs, I just can't see the audience being okay with human clones in a Bond movie. Pretty sure EON are smart enough to realize that such an idea would only backfire.
    🤔 😳

5402063_l.jpg

Made me think of Vertigo. That worked ;) Same woman, though, but you get my drift.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,169
    🤔 😳

Speculation here, but if Swann dies in the pre-title sequence, but Bond later encounters a woman who looks very much like her,
    But where? As far as we know, southern Italy - meaning the PCS - is the only place in B25 where Lea will face the cameras.
    I kinda wish we knew just a little bit more about the plot. Not too much, but just a bit more info.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thanks, @marketto007 for the info. We've heard about those children in Matera, too...
    What would children have to do with the villain’s scheme I wonder?
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    One positive angle to come from a cloning plot could be the possibility that Brofeld could be retconned out of existence. You see it wasn't Oberhauser at all just a look-a-like so the little scamp could upset Bond into thinking his little 'brother' was a wrong'un. He's got cannon form when it comes to copies, DAF.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    They could do a variation on the plot of What Happened To Monday :D
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Kind of hoping this whole cloning thing is not true. Seems too outlandish for a Craig-Bond film. Plus it reminds me of the Agent Under Fire video game.
    I have to agree. The Craig era has been very down to earth, and to do something this sci-fi doesn’t seem right at all. It may work for a Brosnan-era video game, but not the final film for Craig.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    So can we expect the title to be Clonemaker? :D
    Murdock wrote: »
    So can we expect the title to be Clonemaker? :D

Really bad, that one. But better than Gnome, or Genome, or A Reason to die, or Eclipse, or whatever stupid ideia they've had so far.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Univex wrote: »
    Made me think of Vertigo. That worked ;) Same woman, though, but you get my drift.

Lea in the Morocco scenes looked exactly like a blondie from an Hitch film. Mendes is a huge fan of Hitch, it is not fortuity. :D
    cwl007 wrote: »
    One positive angle to come from a cloning plot could be the possibility that Brofeld could be retconned out of existence. You see it wasn't Oberhauser at all just a look-a-like so the little scamp could upset Bond into thinking his little 'brother' was a wrong'un. He's got cannon form when it comes to copies, DAF.

Brofeld is a fact. It is canon, at least in the self-contained Craig era and won't be ever retconned, because it doesn't need to. 4 years has passed. Let's move on.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I have to agree. The Craig era has been very down to earth, and to do something this sci-fi doesn’t seem right at all. It may work for a Brosnan-era video game, but not the final film for Craig.

Since they seem to embrace this route, I'm pretty confident they'd handle it on strong scientific bases. It's potentially dangerous ground, but technology applied to science doesn't automatically mean sci-fi at sea. Plus, cloning is a reality and has already been done. We're not talking about making superhumans beings with some unknown serum.

Remember all that, based on what Baz wrote back in May, one of the reasons PWB was hired was to make the complicated science of the plot understandable to cinema audiences. From Baz article:

The movie's premise is genetic warfare, which is fascinating – but you gotta boil it down and make it accessible,” said an unknown source from production. “That's why Phoebe was hired. She has somehow made sense of it."

“There aren't many people in the world bright enough to bring some humour to the topic of genetics and the Human Genome Project” my studio friend in Los Angeles said. But the British writer and actress is clearly one of them.

Ms Waller-Bridge has been working with director Cary Joji Fukunaga on the screenplay while Craig has time away from the set to recover from an ankle injury he sustained during filming. Bond 25 bad guy Rami Malek has also been brainstorming with genetic experts. Malek's character uses genetic science — for nefarious reasons.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    🤔 😳

5402063_l.jpg

It really does sound of Vertigo. I'd certainly be okay if CF delivered us a film even half as good as Vertigo.
    Ryan wrote: »
    🤔 😳

5402063_l.jpg

It really does sound of Vertigo. I'd certainly be okay if CF delivered us a film even half as good as Vertigo.

1/4 as good as Vertigo and you'd still have a stellar film. Vertigo is on my top 5 film list.