No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Murdock wrote: »
    So can we expect the title to be Clonemaker? :D
    Cloneraker, please. This time it's science fact.

Or Clonebreaker.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »
    So can we expect the title to be Clonemaker? :D
    Cloneraker, please. This time it's science fact.

Or Clonebreaker.

Clonebreaker with a DB5 submarine and the return of the laser watch. :D
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    This NOT cloning:

@3:00...

Let's be clear. A Bond film about cloning is NOT about some machine that creates duplicate people. Let's settle down.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    If Bond and Swann marry in the pre-title sequence, and then Swann is killed - explaining why Bond is alone in Jamaica - I suspect she reappears later in the film trying to protect her clone. Which suggests...
    🤔 😳

Speculation here, but if Swann dies in the pre-title sequence, but Bond later encounters a woman who looks very much like her, but has no knowledge of who he is (Swann's adult clone), he's effectively faced with the physical copy/"ghost" of a woman he loved, but, despite the DNA copy, she is not that same woman. That is interesting material to deal with. And may support the rumoured title as well. Just saying...
    Sounds very much like ‘Vertigo’
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,442
    Operation Clonebreaker:

007 must stop the chain, who every seven seconds going longer and longer.

Before we know the hole earth is at the chain.. again, the villan smiles..

earth-necklace.jpg

The words will do the work. Bond James...
    What it spectre recovered vespers body and brought her back to life with the dangerous new tech.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    What it spectre recovered vespers body and brought her back to life with the dangerous new tech.

I think if that were the case, DAD wouldn't be considered the worst Bond film anymore by the majority. :))
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    8 more months till the movie is released and we still don't know the title of the movie...
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    How about Double Indemnity? ;) Could that work somehow ...
    imranbecks wrote: »
    8 more months till the movie is released and we still don't know the title of the movie...
    Relax. They didn’t announce the Avengers Endgame title until about 4-5 months before the movie was released.
    I'm still holding out that all the theories on the title here are wrong, and that we end up with Shatterhand - which involves an ending where Bond finds Blofeld in his castle of death and he kills him, entirely based on the YOLT novel.

I'm still holding out that all the theories on the title here are wrong, and that we end up with Shatterhand - which involves an ending where Bond finds Blofeld in his castle of death and he kills him, entirely based on the YOLT novel.

I wouldn't hold out for that.

I’m surprised so much has been kept under wraps up to this point. Almost no story or character details. It’s kind of nice compared to being spoiled with all the SP stuff before the release, but I’d still like a title and teaser.
    I don’t really get the desire for the Garden of Death as it features in the books. It’s a silly idea IMO, Blofeld walking round in period armour with dangerous plants and the like. Just fire a missile at the place or fly a drone over it with a bomb attached.

I can’t see them using that.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Doing something that's already been done before numerous times is lazy Writing for me. There are a lot of films who are bringing some fresh ideas to the table including bond. I am sure they are capable of doing that without copying someone and rather making an excuse of comparison.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    matt_u wrote: »
    Thank you for the confirmation. So, Cary is currently in Lido I Gabbiani.....does this mean that filming is taking place in the region this week before they move to Matera?

This location is around 120 miles away from Matera. I imagine he is there for a particular purpose. We know Matera filming begins in mid-August. So if the first unit is in Italy already, I guess they plan to shoot here next week. I'm craving set photos.

I think Matera may be Bond and Madeleine's wedding. Maybe Lido I Gabbiani is the honeymoon? It's very cinematic and Bondian
    Station_Z wrote: »
    And I tend to believe the location looked at in the region of Maratea was just the road at the coast, not the beach itself.

Sassilive reported long ago that a wedding scene will take place at a beach location, but not in Maratea... the beach is at Marina di Pisticci - a location also confirmed by latest marketto's info - which is also in the Basilicata region. Italian production manager stated that they chose the Maratea coast for a sequence involving cars, and they chose it just because of the dramatic beauty of the landscape.

It's cool that from the beach spot featured in Cary's latest picture it would take more or less just 3 hours by car to Cubby's parents hometown.

EDIT: That's the Marina di Pisticci coastline, where the supposed wedding scene should take place.

0573-01_WIDE_Q98A0189.jpg

Is that wedding scene confirmed?

Nice photo btw. :-)
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 11,425
    If Bond and Swann marry in the pre-title sequence, and then Swann is killed - explaining why Bond is alone in Jamaica - I suspect she reappears later in the film trying to protect her clone. Which suggests...
    🤔 😳

Speculation here, but if Swann dies in the pre-title sequence, but Bond later encounters a woman who looks very much like her, but has no knowledge of who he is (Swann's adult clone), he's effectively faced with the physical copy/"ghost" of a woman he loved, but, despite the DNA copy, she is not that same woman. That is interesting material to deal with. And may support the rumoured title as well. Just saying...

I'd thought that might happen. Shades of Hitchcock's Vertigo.

I'd quite like this. Not enough Hitch refs in Bond recently.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,279
    Matt007 wrote: »
    I don’t really get the desire for the Garden of Death as it features in the books. It’s a silly idea IMO, Blofeld walking round in period armour with dangerous plants and the like. Just fire a missile at the place or fly a drone over it with a bomb attached.

I can’t see them using that.

You could adapt it to fit a different story, but the premise stays the same. Bond going in to a fortress to kill the man who murdered his wife. This could fit into the narrative of doing a favour for Felix, only to discover the mission suddenly becomes a lot more personal when he finds out who the target is.

You could get rid of the Garden of Death and its toxic flowers, and Blofeld in his armour, but still keep in place Bond being captured and questioned, sat above a volcano chair that will erupt in 5 minutes time, Bond killing Blofeld and escaping via a helium filled balloon.

I'm sure all Bond fans would love that, but Fleming fans even moreso.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Thank you for the confirmation. So, Cary is currently in Lido I Gabbiani.....does this mean that filming is taking place in the region this week before they move to Matera?

This location is around 120 miles away from Matera. I imagine he is there for a particular purpose. We know Matera filming begins in mid-August. So if the first unit is in Italy already, I guess they plan to shoot here next week. I'm craving set photos.

I think Matera may be Bond and Madeleine's wedding. Maybe Lido I Gabbiani is the honeymoon? It's very cinematic and Bondian
    And I tend to believe the location looked at in the region of Maratea was just the road at the coast, not the beach itself.

Sassilive reported long ago that a wedding scene will take place at a beach location, but not in Maratea... the beach is at Marina di Pisticci - a location also confirmed by latest marketto's info - which is also in the Basilicata region. Italian production manager stated that they chose the Maratea coast for a sequence involving cars, and they chose it just because of the dramatic beauty of the landscape.

It's cool that from the beach spot featured in Cary's latest picture it would take more or less just 3 hours by car to Cubby's parents hometown.

EDIT: That's the Marina di Pisticci coastline, where the supposed wedding scene should take place.

Not confirmed obviously but heavily rumored since awhile. Also marketto's insider kind of confirmed it...
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    The third act of YOLT would look a little silly on screen, but it can be adapted. What matters is the mood and the spirit.
    As long as you keep a gloomy setting, and had both Bond and his opponent drop any pretense of doing for their mission. No henchmen, no gadgets, no grandiose plan to take over the world. Bond just hates the guy to death, and revenge is about the only thing that's keeping him focused and sane.

Regarding the ton of spoilers that came from the "Italian source" two days ago, it would make no sense that a guy, at best from the second unit, would know that much about EVERY aspect of the production, including the title song. Sequences shot in Italy, local cast, sure... But the decision about the singer or the work of script doctors wouldn't be discussed among the crew, given that it's not their job and information would be extremely compartmentalized.

Yet, I can reveal that the final title will be Garden Genome, a reference to DNA, the Garden of Death and Craig finally making a film without his lifts.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Not confirmed obviously but heavily rumored since awhile. Also marketto's insider kind of confirmed it...

I must have missed that. Thank you. :-?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Yet, I can reveal that the final title will be Garden Genome, a reference to DNA, the Garden of Death and Craig finally making a film without his lifts.

Hmmm.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Getafix wrote: »
    🤔 😳

I'd thought that might happen. Shades of Hitchcock's Vertigo.

I'd quite like this. Not enough Hitch refs in Bond recently.

The Woman Who Lived Twice.

I must have missed that. Thank you. :-?

You're welcome.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    "The Woman Who Lived Twice." I quite like that title actually... but "died" instead of "lived".
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,157
    The Woman Who Lived Twice.
    I know that title gets a lot of hatred, but I must say I quite like it (even more than Vertigo).
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 53
    The idea that people are finding the rather real concept of human cloning too unrealistic and far fetched in the exact same week it was confirmed there are projects ongoing to combine human and animal embryos is rather ironic.

Just because something seems outlandish, or even uncomfortable, to process does not make it science fiction... But regarding Sci fi, I very much doubt the film is going to go down the more fairytale aspect of cloning and end with Bond being blown up with two hundred evil clones of nehru suited Madelaine Swanns... It'll be grounded in somewhat realism. And thus the terrible new technology the synopsis hints at.

Also I can't recall who mentioned it and I'm a bit too lazy to go back and quote, but someone asked how the film can begin in Materea when Barbara Brocolli said at the press conference the film starts with Bond in Jamaica - I think the answer to that is the Pre Title Sequence isn't often seen as "the start" of the movie. More of a prelude. So whilst Materea is likely (based on rumour) to be the first place seen, the film will "begin" after the titles (set some time later I imagine) in Jamaica. (In my opinion anyhow)
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,279
    duke_togo wrote: »
    "The Woman Who Lived Twice." I quite like that title actually... but "died" instead of "lived".

How about -

`The Property of a Woman Who Died Twice in Shatterhand's Garden of Genome'
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Based off the hints and rumours, here's my hot take:
    I think that they wanted to kill Swann off, as it gives them more opportunity to explore Bond's character. However, they are concerned that they will be accused of 'fridging' the character.

Hence why we may be getting flashbacks and Madeleine's death won't just be something in the PTS, but something essential to understanding the plot.

It's a bit of a 'get out of jail' card.

...for these reasons, I suspect that a title under consideration may be:

ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD

Swann is essentially a reboot of the Tracy character and anyone who has read the SP script will know that was the scripted final line before being cut.

1*Gx5wrF0QmoyYDzFfTonPcw.png
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    From what I've been hearing and seeing, I'm getting more LTK pts vibes.

Regarding the theory of Maddy dying, really hope they don't do it. It's a boring cop-out. Honestly really curious how they're going to handle this.
  • Based off the hints and rumours, here's my hot take:
    I think that they wanted to kill Swann off, as it gives them more opportunity to explore Bond's character. However, they are concerned that they will be accused of 'fridging' the character.

Hence why we may be getting flashbacks and Madeleine's death won't just be something in the PTS, but something essential to understanding the plot.

It's a bit of a 'get out of jail' card.

...for these reasons, I suspect that a title under consideration may be:

ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD

Swann is essentially a reboot of the Tracy character and anyone who has read the SP script will know that was the scripted final line before being cut.

1*Gx5wrF0QmoyYDzFfTonPcw.png

With Iggy Pop giving his rendition for the title song?