No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Thank you for the confirmation. So, Cary is currently in Lido I Gabbiani.....does this mean that filming is taking place in the region this week before they move to Matera?

This location is around 120 miles away from Matera. I imagine he is there for a particular purpose. We know Matera filming begins in mid-August. So if the first unit is in Italy already, I guess they plan to shoot here next week. I'm craving set photos.

I think Matera may be Bond and Madeleine's wedding. Maybe Lido I Gabbiani is the honeymoon? It's very cinematic and Bondian
    Cary and Linus were in Matera this morning to inspect the set being built. I think in this first days they were just taking a last look at filming locations to give a green light. And I tend to believe the location looked at in the region of Maratea was just the road at the coast, not the beach itself.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2019 Posts: 10,588
    Could it be possible that part of the Italy shoot could be doubling for Norway (which would explain why the Valhalla is there)?

I know the geography is very different, but "movie magic" and all that.
    I thought bond starts his journey relaxing in Jamaica not on active service, as said by Barbara. How could the film start in matera?
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Benny wrote: »
    Imagine if EON went all the way to release without releasing a trailer!
    Give us a title. A poster. Then release the film in 2020.
    Could Bond still put bums on seats and take money at the box office, without a trailer? Does 007 have the ability to pull off the impossible?
    I never understood this mindset. You can always just. Not. Watch. The. Trailers. But let us enjoy them!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2019 Posts: 10,588
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I thought bond starts his journey relaxing in Jamaica not on active service, as said by Barbara. How could the film start in matera?
    I assumed the film's PTS would be set shortly after SP, and then fast forward 4-5 years after the credits.
    Happened to check the wiki page for B25 recently, and it says the budget is $600 million. Surely this is false - seems way too high.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    jake24 wrote: »
    Could it be possible that part of the Italy shoot could be doubling for Norway (which would explain why the Valhalla is there)?

I know the geography is very different, but "movie magic" and all that.

I hope not...
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Thank you for the confirmation. So, Cary is currently in Lido I Gabbiani.....does this mean that filming is taking place in the region this week before they move to Matera?

This location is around 120 miles away from Matera. I imagine he is there for a particular purpose. We know Matera filming begins in mid-August. So if the first unit is in Italy already, I guess they plan to shoot here next week. I'm craving set photos.

I think Matera may be Bond and Madeleine's wedding. Maybe Lido I Gabbiani is the honeymoon? It's very cinematic and Bondian
    Station_Z wrote: »
    And I tend to believe the location looked at in the region of Maratea was just the road at the coast, not the beach itself.

Sassilive reported long ago that a wedding scene will take place at a beach location, but not in Maratea... the beach is at Marina di Pisticci - a location also confirmed by latest marketto's info - which is also in the Basilicata region. Italian production manager stated that they chose the Maratea coast for a sequence involving cars, and they chose it just because of the dramatic beauty of the landscape.

It's cool that from the beach spot featured in Cary's latest picture it would take more or less just 3 hours by car to Cubby's parents hometown.

EDIT: That's the Marina di Pisticci coastline, where the supposed wedding scene should take place.

0573-01_WIDE_Q98A0189.jpg
    Lio007 wrote: »
    Video from Sassilive about the scene built at Matera: http://www.sassilive.it/wp-content/uploads/james-bond-25-scenografia.mp4?_=1

So that deck will double as an interior, since those are windows overlooking that fabulous view. Interesting. Way to catch a view. Didn't someone say they caught sight of some green covered windows in Matera? Could they have been covered to match these?
    Agent7F wrote: »
    Well why isn't there anything new or news. Any latest picture of Daniel Craig in Italy with any of his girls or Aston Martin?
    Why should there?

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Univex wrote: »
    Video from Sassilive about the scene built at Matera: http://www.sassilive.it/wp-content/uploads/james-bond-25-scenografia.mp4?_=1

So that deck will double as an interior, since those are windows overlooking that fabulous view. Interesting. Way to catch a view. Didn't someone say they caught sight of some green covered windows in Matera? Could they have been covered to match these?

I think that will be the interior of Bond’s hotel room, given the majestic view of the city.
    matt_u wrote: »

I think that will be the interior of Bond’s hotel room, given the majestic view of the city.

Was thinking the same thing. And it appears to have some sort of balcony or veranda. It really does seem stunning. Maybe the exterior will be that building with the green covered windows, for cgi purposes.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

(stomping, shouting, waving) .. *Wohoo!!, over here. I did!!*..

When scrolling through Matera on instagram there was a couple of pics with a crane and next to it, four 'green screen' coverered windows. It could be a potential location. At the same time it's on the other end of the old town and that steel rig they been building.

Upper right corner

Found this. Is that the steel rig?

Video

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/matera/?hl=en

As for Matera itself it is a bloody fairytale landscape. Dead god it's beautiful

Craco location
    I think they gonna stitch the Matera shoot and Craco together given the similarities

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Something Bond has not seen before,

Someone hasn't played Agent Under Fire. ;))
    220px-James_Bond_007_-_Agent_Under_Fire_Coverart.png

Contraband wrote: »

(stomping, shouting, waving) .. *Wohoo!!, over here. I did!!*..

When scrolling through Matera on instagram there was a couple of pics with a crane and next to it, four 'green screen' coverered windows. It could be a potential location. At the same time it's on the other end of the old town and that steel rig they been building.

Upper right corner

Found this. Is that the steel rig?

Video

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/matera/?hl=en

As for Matera itself it is a bloody fairytale landscape. Dead god it's beautiful

Craco location
    I think they gonna stitch the Matera shoot and Craco together given the similarities

Yes, well done indeed, @Contraband. Good research and good eyes.

I hope they make the best of it. It really is beautiful.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Perhaps. But...why go through all of that trouble when one can be built (probably cheaper) on a soundstage, with a greenscreen behind the windows? I think there's something else at work, here.
    TripAces wrote: »

Perhaps. But...why go through all of that trouble when one can be built (probably cheaper) on a soundstage, with a greenscreen behind the windows? I think there's something else at work, here.

Maybe the chase begins there? Maybe one of the cars flies through that space?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Happened to check the wiki page for B25 recently, and it says the budget is $600 million. Surely this is false - seems way too high.

The budget goes up every year and who knows when the next Bond film will come after this one. I wouldn't be surprised if they went all out with this film.
    Its not 600 mil. They’ll spend 175-200 tops.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Matera is an incredible sight, up there with one of my favourite holiday destinations of all time.

My Wife and I said having explored the Puglia region in the south we would be unlikely to return but Matera is an area of the south we would definitely return to at some point if possible.

I always assumed Matera was doubling for elsewhere but a landscape so beautiful should be showcased as itself rather than being represented as somewhere else.

Bond 25 is looking like a truly incredible looking film, hope the colours are going to pop after the drabness of SPECTRE.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    According to my source on location in Italy:
    There are “6 old style Aston Martin in Matera, and 2 Valhalla.” Asked if the movie will have a marriage scene there, the answer was simply: “... ;)
    There are “6 old style Aston Martin in Matera, and 2 Valhalla.” Asked if the movie will have a marriage scene there, the answer was simply: “... ;)

Very intriguing....possibly throws water on the idea that the Valhalla belongs to Nomi. Maybe it's Rami Malek's?

Also this set...

I'm fairly certain that if it's being built, it's for the sole intention of being blown up.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Bond 25 is looking like a truly incredible looking film, hope the colours are going to pop after the drabness of SPECTRE.

That alone would make me very very happy.
    Every location looks great I have to say.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Looks like three arches for a small chapel ultar? Wedding in the PTS overlooking Matera?? (Ahh cringing at the thought....)

Probably not though

I'm close to certain.

Bond and Madeleine will tie the knot in Matera. The notion of Bond falling in love and getting married isn't new.....

GW532H295

In fact, we may very well be getting the DAF we were promised in 1971 finally. Also, there's a very good chance that Bond will wear a tuxedo to his wedding and racing the DB5.....I'm drooling already.

I think the plot will play out like this:
    If the film really does feature a young Madeleine (and that's a BIG 'if'). Then we perhaps open with a nightmare sequence in the past before Madeleine awakens in the present and we witness her wedding during the PTS. However, it goes awry and she dies.

Bond blames himself and retires to Jamaica. However, later in the film he realises that he was never the target. The villain came after Madeleine. It's then down to Bond to piece together how Madeleine is linked to Malek.
    Isn't Madeleine supposed to meet Blofeld?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Walecs wrote: »

Looks like three arches for a small chapel ultar? Wedding in the PTS overlooking Matera?? (Ahh cringing at the thought....)

Probably not though

I'm close to certain.

Bond and Madeleine will tie the knot in Matera. The notion of Bond falling in love and getting married isn't new.....

GW532H295

In fact, we may very well be getting the DAF we were promised in 1971 finally. Also, there's a very good chance that Bond will wear a tuxedo to his wedding and racing the DB5.....I'm drooling already.

I think the plot will play out like this:
    If the film really does feature a young Madeleine (and that's a BIG 'if'). Then we perhaps open with a nightmare sequence in the past before Madeleine awakens in the present and we witness her wedding during the PTS. However, it goes awry and she dies.

Bond blames himself and retires to Jamaica. However, later in the film he realises that he was never the target. The villain came after Madeleine. It's then down to Bond to piece together how Madeleine is linked to Malek.
    Isn't Madeleine supposed to meet Blofeld?

I think that was just speculation.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018

Very intriguing....possibly throws water on the idea that the Valhalla belongs to Nomi. Maybe it's Rami Malek's?

Also this set...

I'm fairly certain that if it's being built, it's for the sole intention of being blown up.

Stupid idea: Villain maybe blowing up the wedding ceremony killing of the priest and M Swann with Bond pissed off, injured and bloody chasing after on foot that leads to a car chase

Nah.. perhaps not

Edit: Just remembered the wedding takes place on the beach.
    If Bond and Swann marry in the pre-title sequence, and then Swann is killed - explaining why Bond is alone in Jamaica - I suspect she reappears later in the film trying to protect her clone. Which suggests...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    If Bond and Swann marry in the pre-title sequence, and then Swann is killed - explaining why Bond is alone in Jamaica - I suspect she reappears later in the film trying to protect her clone. Which suggests...
    🤔 😳
    How sure are we on the cloning. Any legit sources on that.