Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Johnny English Strikes Again trailer released.

This looks quite good. I really liked the 2nd one. This is a P&W joint from what I understand.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    What's the matter with me, I just came out of Ready Player One and already feel like watching it again. I didn't expect such a positive impact.
    Nearly everybody on here who's seen this seems to have a positive opinion of it. I may be compelled to shell out some funds and check it out.
    Early buzz for Rampage:

''Rampage is big, loud and fun as hell. Especially touching to see the Harambe in memoriam card during the closing credits. @TheRock’s got another massive hit on his hands! #RampageMovie''

''RAMPAGE was a mindless, popcorn action flick, in all the best ways. the VFX looked great, and watching the creatures destroy a full city was pretty awesome. Jeffery Dean Morgan steals the movie, only negative I have is the villain is a little to over the top.''

''#RampageMovie knows exactly what it is and makes no bones about it. Stupid stupid fun, guys. Have some drinks and go see it next week when it comes out. Super entertaining''

''RAMPAGE is the ultimate guilty pleasure. Brad Peyton has created a big budget B movie & Dwayne Johnson delivers his most outrageous performance to date. #Rampage is the ultimate monster movie and is non-stop campy fun. Did I mention that Dwayne Johnson fights a giant flying wolf?''
    Great to read. I'm sure this will do quite well and I'm really looking forward to it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    bondjames wrote: »

This looks quite good. I really liked the 2nd one. This is a P&W joint from what I understand.
    Not confirmed yet. I hear it's a collaboration between Robert Wade (solo) and Rowan Atkinson himself, while other sources list a particular William Davies as the screenwriter. We won't find out till the full trailer comes out methinks.

Not confirmed yet. I hear it's a collaboration between Robert Wade (solo) and Rowan Atkinson himself, while other sources list a particular William Davies as the screenwriter. We won't find out till the full trailer comes out methinks.
    Oh thanks. I didn't know that. I just checked imdb before posting but of course we know they are often incorrect.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    What's the matter with me, I just came out of Ready Player One and already feel like watching it again. I didn't expect such a positive impact.
    Nearly everybody on here who's seen this seems to have a positive opinion of it. I may be compelled to shell out some funds and check it out.
    @bondjames, I´m not a video game player myself, and the trailers didn´t do anything for me. If it hadn´t been for all those exhilarating reviews I would have skipped it. What can I say, the film grabbed me and pulled me in right from the start, I was utterly entertained, not one second that I wasn´t emotionally invested. Even all those retro songs didn´t annoy me, which is a miracle by itself (I´m sure it has to do with the songs not blaring in your face as it would have been done in most blockbusters, but gelling with the overall sound design). Despite being chock full of retro stuff, it didn´t feel nostalgic to me. There is a bit (that wasn´t in the trailers btw) that takes a very scary film and uses it in such a funny way only Spielberg on fire could pull off.
    If Spielberg has that much fun with Indy 5, we´re in for a treat. One wishes.

edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Good to know @boldfinger. I'm not a gamer either and similar to you the trailers did nothing for me. That's why I've been curious to read the praise the film has been getting from members on this forum and, like they did for you, the comments are motivating me to give it a viewing. I really know nothing about it and have no expectations, & that should help. I'm glad to read that Spielberg is engaged on this one.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

@DaltonCraig007 @00Agent @Murdock @BMW_with_missiles @mattjoes @Torgeirtrap

I’m so looking forward to this!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

The upcoming WW2 film Greyhound, written by & starring Tom Hanks in the lead role, has set its sight on an April 5th, 2019 release.

The plot: In the early days of WWII, an international convoy of 37 Allied ships, led by captain Ernest Krause (Hanks) in his first command of a U.S. destroyer, crosses the treacherous North Atlantic while hotly pursued by wolf packs of Nazi U-boats.
    Sounds monumental.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,692
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

Rampage starring Dwayne Johnson, Naomie Harris and Jeffrey Dean Morgan officially clocks at 1 hour and 47 minutes.

---

Jake Gyllenhaal has signed as the lead in the upcoming thriller Welcome to Vienna.

It is described as ''a modern-set throw-back to paranoid thrillers such as The Conversation (1974)''.

The plot: Freddie Makin (Gyllenhaal), a civilian surveillance contractor, has been watching Jiang Cheng, a Chinese academic in Vienna, for the past year. When Freddie returns home early one day with a migraine, he interrupts a break-in at his apartment. The intruder escapes, but then comes back and tries to kill him. From that moment on, the contractor realizes he is a hunted man who clearly saw something he shouldn’t have. He realizes that he not only doesn’t know who is trying to kill him or why, he doesn’t really even know who is actually employing him.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It s a good book. Read that instead.
    That looks interesting.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    6onif0f8paq01.jpg
    I do like the Purge films,i have all 3 of them.

The siren gives me goosebumps everytime the purge starts.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Just checked the trailer; pretty funny! Best parts: the cyclists, VR and the airbag. And Bough is back!

I actually went "BOUGH!!" out loud in a high-pitched squeal when I saw him. Much like his reaction to JE.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Just checked the trailer; pretty funny! Best parts: the cyclists, VR and the airbag. And Bough is back!
    I actually went "BOUGH!!" out loud in a high-pitched squeal when I saw him. Much like his reaction to JE.
    The thing is... Bough is a better spy by a wide margin than Johnny English will ever be. But, the unsung heroes are always behind the curtain as life teaches us. ;)
    Agent_99 wrote: »

I did too (although not out loud), even though I know he's in the film!
    A new image from The Meg:

image-1.jpg

Glad I'm not in the water!
    I'm getting Piranha vibes from it.
    Fruit loops!
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,313
    Fruit loops!

Spot on! It's the same colour palette, too!
    prod_img-3394699_fl.jpg
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,509
    Iko Uwais joins Dave Bautista in action comedy Stuber:

http://deadline.com/2018/04/iko-uwais-stuber-movie-dave-bautista-kumail-nanjiani-cast-1202359960/

Next Ocean's 8 trailer expected in the coming week, likely attached to Rampage:

https://www.trailer-track.com/2018/04/06/in-the-pipeline-new-oceans-8-trailer-imminent/

@DaltonCraig007 @00Agent @Murdock @BMW_with_missiles @mattjoes @Torgeirtrap

Cool! Was laughing a lot at that! Lol!
    Guys, were you aware of this?

Jason Statham's Rick Ford will be back in Spy 2:
    https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/jason-statham-spy-2/

Apparently, Statham's character will be featured with more screen time in the next installment and that the sequel is already in progress. In my opinion, they should give Statham his own spin-off as everyone in that film was terrific other than the title character/lead actress.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Jack Jack laser-eyeing a raccoon? Rocket Raccoon Origins revealed. =))

First trailer for the very cool looking Chinese film Animal World, featuring a very familiar face:

Looks too goofy for my tastes, but nice to see Douglas hamming it up. I feel like I've seen so little of him lately, maybe he's taken a step back from acting since his cancer (or perhaps I'm just watching the wrong stuff).
    Trailer tonight!

meg222.jpg?w=1536