Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,474
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/04/03/2001-a-space-odyssey-celebrates-its-50th-anniversary-with-70mm-4k-re-release

'50 years ago, Director Stanly Kubrick released his groundbreaking sci-fi epic, 2001: A Space Odyssey. To celebrate this momentous anniversary, Warner Bros. Pictures will debut an unrestored 70mm print at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival on May 12.

Don't worry, if you're not able to make it to the south of France for the debut, Warner Bros will be re-releasing the film in theaters on May 18. There will also be a 4K HDR Blu-ray release sometime in the fall of 2018 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, which The Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan acted as an advisor on for the film's restoration process...'

Happy Birthday to one of the greatest films ever made, I don't think I'll make it to Cannes though I'll definitely be buying the 4K Bluray
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Johnny English Strikes Again trailer released.

@DaltonCraig007 @00Agent @Murdock @BMW_with_missiles @mattjoes @Torgeirtrap

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Lol this looks damn good i must say
    Indeed it does! :D
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,315
    Johnny English Strikes Again trailer released.

@DaltonCraig007 @00Agent @Murdock @BMW_with_missiles @mattjoes @Torgeirtrap

Fantastic, that made my day!
    Agree that it does look damn good. They have taken the effort on this one, it seems. Love the bit with the French cyclists! :))

(and Olga K, of course. She elevates any film she's in!)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    This looks hilarious! Thanks @ClarkDevlin ! :D
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 2,107
    Johnny is stealing our Bond women. First Rosamund Pike, now Olga K!

Bond should steal one of them back. ( Olga, pretty please)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I plan on seeing that at the cinema. Looks great! Love the GE reference. :))
    Problems continue for Terry Gilliam's The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, which started production in 1998, as the film now hits legal problems between Gilliam and the distributing studio, resulting in the film being forbidden from being released anywhere (including festivals like Cannes next month) until a compromise can be found.
    What the ...... I´m not even sure I´m going to like that film, but this mess of a production history alone makes me want to see it.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,692
    Want see.

Must see.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    20 years in the making...

YESSS at last!!

Very excited about Johnny English, too.

What a great year for films!
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,692
    First confirmation for Cannes 2018: Everybody Knows, the new film from director Asghar Farhadi ('A Separation', 'The Salesman'), will open the festival on May 8. The film stars Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz and Ricardo Darin.

Both Bardem and Cruz are co-starring in another film coming in April/May: Loving Pablo.

Can't watch the trailer for Johnny English right now, but I love the title! A Pink Panther reference, I guess.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Can't watch the trailer for Johnny English right now, but I love the title! A Pink Panther reference, I guess.
    First thing I thought of. I did read somewhere that Rowan Atkinson is a Peter Sellers fan, so that might explain it.

Always thought Atkinson would’ve been a terrific Clouseau.
    Agreed. Beyond the physical comedy, he would'vd been great at portraying Clouseau's self-importance and his attempts at looking dignified while being generally clumsy.

The Pink Panther films had some things in common with the Bond films, and Johnny English likely channels both franchises.
    Agreed. Beyond the physical comedy, he would'vd been great at portraying Clouseau's self-importance and his attempts at looking dignified while being generally clumsy.

The Pink Panther films had some things in common with the Bond films, and Johnny English likely channels both franchises.
    I couldn't agree more. Well stated, sir.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,512

I couldn't agree more. Well stated, sir.

Thank you. Just wanted to add that while Steve Martin was not that bad as Clouseau, he made him a tad too obnoxious and as a result he didn't feel pathetic enough, which Sellers' Clouseau did, in a strange way that enhanced the comedy. Same with Benigni, though both actors were obviously doing their own thing as they weren't Sellers.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Thank you. Just wanted to add that while Steve Martin was not that bad as Clouseau, he made him a tad too obnoxious and as a result he didn't feel pathetic enough, which Sellers' Clouseau did, in a strange way that enhanced the comedy.

All the best comedy has a hint of tragedy about it, which is one of the reasons I like the Johnny English films; he knows, deep down under all the posturing, that he's not actually a very good spy.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Thank you. Just wanted to add that while Steve Martin was not that bad as Clouseau, he made him a tad too obnoxious and as a result he didn't feel pathetic enough, which Sellers' Clouseau did, in a strange way that enhanced the comedy.
    All the best comedy has a hint of tragedy about it, which is one of the reasons I like the Johnny English films; he knows, deep down under all the posturing, that he's not actually a very good spy.
    Well said. The both of you.
    Just checked the trailer; pretty funny! Best parts: the cyclists, VR and the airbag. And Bough is back!

I think I'll be catching this one in theaters.
    $
    This poster really begs for the audience to instantly come and buy tickets to see the film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, amazing artwork.
    What's the matter with me, I just came out of Ready Player One and already feel like watching it again. I didn't expect such a positive impact.
    Great poster! Love all the details they've manage to squeeze in.
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

Early buzz for Rampage:

''Rampage is big, loud and fun as hell. Especially touching to see the Harambe in memoriam card during the closing credits. @TheRock’s got another massive hit on his hands! #RampageMovie''

''RAMPAGE was a mindless, popcorn action flick, in all the best ways. the VFX looked great, and watching the creatures destroy a full city was pretty awesome. Jeffery Dean Morgan steals the movie, only negative I have is the villain is a little to over the top.''

''#RampageMovie knows exactly what it is and makes no bones about it. Stupid stupid fun, guys. Have some drinks and go see it next week when it comes out. Super entertaining''

''RAMPAGE is the ultimate guilty pleasure. Brad Peyton has created a big budget B movie & Dwayne Johnson delivers his most outrageous performance to date. #Rampage is the ultimate monster movie and is non-stop campy fun. Did I mention that Dwayne Johnson fights a giant flying wolf?''