Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Pleased to eat you? Groan......
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    talos7 wrote: »

VERY cringy tagline, I agree.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 10,588
    The presence of Dwight Schrute does peak my interest.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    rampage_ver8_xlg.jpg
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Trailer tonight!
    meg222.jpg?w=1536
    I'm loving the posters for both these monster flicks. Can't wait for the cheap thrills! 'Huge' killer shark fan here, so Meg is certainly high up on my list to see. Here's hoping the CGI is up to snuff.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Seasick people will never be able to watch this. :))
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Jason Statham still hasn't aged a day in over a decade. This film looks fun as hell, I'm in!

DaYvEpMVMAA3ivw.jpg
    Looks like a crap film, but on the other hand, hearing Statham say, "It´s a megalodon" alone is worth the fee.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @MajorDSmythe

The spy/thriller Beirut starring Jon Hamm, Rosamund Pike and Dean Norris is getting positive reviews, with a 87% rating on RottenTomatoes so far. It will be released in cinemas tomorrow in North America.

edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, I'll be sure to check out Beirut. I didn't realize Pike was in this too. She was in the other 70s thriller (on the Entebbe raid) recently.

That Meg trailer is the business. Megadolon is sure to do some damage, but quite frankly it hasn't got a chance against Statham. Jaws 'eat' your heart out.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I am a huge fan of the first book in the Meg series; this trailer is profoundly disappointing, as is the general direction of promoting it. Again, "Pleased to eat you!" Sigh...
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

First footage of Fighting with My Family, starring Dwayne Johnson, to be release in theaters on September 14, 2018:

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    talos7 wrote: »

VERY cringy tagline, I agree.

I have a better one.

"Don t eat my shorts!"
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,473
    "Chomp On This" really isn't any better. These taglines sound like they're ripped from the cheesiest 90's action flicks.

THE-MEG-Jaws.jpg?w=800
    Well isn´t that what that poster suggests?
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Well isn´t that what that poster suggests?

While simultaneously attempting to parody the Jaws poster. It could be fun, I think expectations need to be checked before seeing this. The CG isn't anywhere close to what I hoped it'd be.

This looks so B - rated it will probably be great!! Lol!!!
    First footage of Fighting with My Family, starring Dwayne Johnson, to be release in theaters on September 14, 2018:

Who does Johnson think he is? The Rock? Lol.

Seriously though, this guy is a machine. Film after film after film. Quite the work ethic he has. I hope to see this kind of prolific output from the next Bond actor.
    International version of the trailer:

I like that trailer. I think it´s gonna be fun :-).
    This looks very good! Impressive cast too.
    International poster for Isle of Dogs:

z3ieabyb0br01.jpg
    International poster for Isle of Dogs:

z3ieabyb0br01.jpg

That's different from regular movie posters!
    That's one of my favorites so far, this film has had some great posters put out. Can't wait to catch this in theaters early next week, my first theatrical (and likely one of the very few) outing of 2018.
    That's one of my favorites so far, this film has had some great posters put out. Can't wait to catch this in theaters early next week, my first theatrical (and likely one of the very few) outing of 2018.

Had to Google - some really nice posters for this film!
    Michael Mann acquires book/film rights for a story about criminal mastermind Paul Le Roux:

http://deadline.com/2018/04/paul-le-roux-michael-mann-book-film-deal-elaine-shannon-criminal-mastermind-1202362318/

Dwayne Johnson announces the sequel to Jumanji after Sony reported last night that its predecessor is their highest grossing movie ever:

• edited April 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Michael Mann acquires book/film rights for a story about criminal mastermind Paul Le Roux:

http://deadline.com/2018/04/paul-le-roux-michael-mann-book-film-deal-elaine-shannon-criminal-mastermind-1202362318/
    That sounds splendid, as long as it´s going to be Mann´s next project, and I mean next as in right now. I´m tired of reading about supposed Michael Mann projects which don´t go anywhere. I read something about De Niro getting film rights for Don Winslow´s The Winter of Frankie Machine and wanting to shoot it with Mann. Then Mann wanting to shoot The Irishman with De Niro about ten years before Scorsese finally did it. Then there was talk about Mann doing a film about Enzo Ferrari. Then there is still something written on IMDB about "Untitled Tony Accardo/Sam Giancana Biopic (announced)". I don´t want his wish list, I want more films from him.

boldfinger wrote: »

That sounds splendid, as long as it´s going to be Mann´s next project, and I mean next as in right now. I´m tired of reading about supposed Michael Mann projects which don´t go anywhere. I read something about De Niro getting film rights for Don Winslow´s The Winter of Frankie Machine and wanting to shoot it with Mann. Then Mann wanting to shoot The Irishman with De Niro about ten years before Scorsese finally did it. Then there was talk about Mann doing a film about Enzo Ferrari. Then there is still something written on IMDB about "Untitled Tony Accardo/Sam Giancana Biopic (announced)". I don´t want his wish list, I want more films from him.

I was just saying to @DaltonCraig007 earlier that it feels like he's nabbed the rights to four or five different things in the last three years, and hasn't acted on any of them. I do know his Ford v. Ferrari biopic went to someone else, though; perhaps this will be his next, or maybe that Vietnam miniseries he had in the works.

EDIT: Ocean's 8 clips introduce the characters - trailer tomorrow:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/937223-oceans-8-character-clips-introduce-new-crew