Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    For real!! :D
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    boldfinger wrote: »
    dalton wrote: »
    I'm up for more Terminator if Arnold is. I was really hoping that they would have continued with what the last film, or at least with Arnold and Emilia Clarke together.

Regardless, if there's a new Terminator film starring Arnold, I'll be there.
    If there´s a new Terminator film starring Arnold, I won´t be there. If there´s a new Terminator film with no Arnie whatsoever, I would be curious.
    That's pretty much how I feel as well.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Count me in for 'Ip Man 4,' not that I needed a reason past "Donnie Yen is returning and people are getting their asses beat."

As for 'The Terminator,' I've felt the same way - Arnie shined in the first two, but trying to force him into the new movies isn't cutting it for me. If they want another threatening Terminator, just pick a stoic, physically-massive actor who can handle the role and go from there. Don't need an old Schwarzenegger-Terminator trying to save the day again.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 2,107
    Yeah, that really really makes me mad. It's like Arnie isn't any good for anything else than to these bad Terminator sequels they keep making.
    It´s really hard to understand. The premise of Conan 30 years on sounds interesting, aged heros are fashionable, R-rated violence is bankable, and yet they rather try and make another Terminator kids film.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    All Eyez On Me

This looks really good. As a huge Tupac fan (although I'm a much bigger biggie fan) I can't wait to see this.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @ClarkDevlin (you've seen it already, but I have to tag you anyway for Statham!) @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, @bondjames, @doubleoego, @MajorDSmythe, @DarthDimi

Jason Statham is just freaking awesome:

Friggin worth it, @DaltonCraig007! :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Violence is so cool!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Violence is so cool!

And nudity is disgusting and in suuuuch poor taste!
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I'm very much looking forward to FF8. I think they will really kick it up a notch to compensate for Walker not being there, so I expect some seriously awesome action.
    There are plans to bring back Walker's character, according to his brothers, in the future.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I really hope they just drop that, or it turns out to be untrue. It's worse enough that Paul isn't there to do all this cool stuff (if you couldn't tell, Brian has always been my favorite), but to bring him back through recasting or something is just too lame and disrespectful.

One Fast and Furious plot I wish we got to see, and one that can't be done properly since Paul's passing, if a "Sinister Six" type idea where all the past villains that Dom, Brian and the crew put away since the first film join together in a giant revenge scheme to wipe out the team for good using all their resources. It'd be a nuts film, maybe take up two films, and it pains me that we'll never get it.
    By the way, in case nobody has heard it, Raymond Chandler's hard-boiled private eye is making a comeback to the big screen. Starring Liam Neeson as Philip Marlowe in an adaptation of an authorized 2014 Marlowe novel, The Black-Eyes Blonde by John Banville (under the pseudonym of Benjamin Black), set in the 1950s. The film, however, is simply titled Marlowe.

Further information here:
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/liam-neeson-philip-marlowe-william-monahan-1202018969/

Honestly I never read any Marlowe novels but I read good things about them and I always wanted to start them. This sounds like great news to me!
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Going in Style is so bad it's good.
  • KaijuDirectorOO7KaijuDirectorOO7 Once Upon a Time Somewhere...
    I really hope they just drop that, or it turns out to be untrue. It's worse enough that Paul isn't there to do all this cool stuff (if you couldn't tell, Brian has always been my favorite), but to bring him back through recasting or something is just too lame and disrespectful.

One Fast and Furious plot I wish we got to see, and one that can't be done properly since Paul's passing, if a "Sinister Six" type idea where all the past villains that Dom, Brian and the crew put away since the first film join together in a giant revenge scheme to wipe out the team for good using all their resources. It'd be a nuts film, maybe take up two films, and it pains me that we'll never get it.

I would say that fits a potential final Furious movie(s).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    And this is for @doubleoego and @ClarkDevlin:

1st meeting of the 3 main stars of Triple Threat before filming starts in the coming weeks:

17799241_1916559621908639_6488076918493212839_n.jpg?oh=03bad5ed04b26c7e2b85ca49aba1302a&oe=59987366
    Hoooooooly $#!¥ :D
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2017 Posts: 4,450
    It look like Potc5 get a new title for Europe ??

rvzf49modu.jpg
    Dutch poster

Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge

Original title Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales confused me only because before i watched the trailer i thaught it made connection with second movie. But i stil like it. But not like this alternate title. Also i expect that movie Dutch release date wil change to 1 day earlier and wil release now on 24 May, so there can better at no release on poster.
    Atomic Blonde just looks incredible! I like the nod to the Bond/Patrice SF Fight in Shanghai. I hope this isn't a one off, but rather kick starts a franchise.
    @bondjames The Wick directors basically have 4 franchises on their hands - John Wick, Atomic Blonde, Highlander (already planned as a trilogy) and Triple Threat (the picture I posted above, with Iko Uwais of ''The Raid'', Tony Jaa of ''Ong Bak'' and Tiger Chen of ''Man of Tai Chi'').
    And this is for @doubleoego and @ClarkDevlin:

1st meeting of the 3 main stars of Triple Threat before filming starts in the coming weeks:

17799241_1916559621908639_6488076918493212839_n.jpg?oh=03bad5ed04b26c7e2b85ca49aba1302a&oe=59987366

My money, all of it...just take it all.

Seriously, this is the closest we'll get to a female Bond and ironically enough looks to be better than the majority of Bond films released in the last 40 years.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    You have no idea how hyped I am for that film.
    I didn't know about the Highlander reboot @DaltonCraig007. That's another one I've got to keep a look out for.
    Nah, Atomic blonde looks not that good to me. The fight scenes look so bland and trying too hard, also the main character is unlikeable and it seems like they're trying to go for anti-hero thing while also trying to make it a hero....idk, I'm not that interested in this even tho I'll probably see it.

btw, I am really late but I saw Life today. Good movie. See it if you get the opportunity.
    The thing is, regarding Atomic Blonde, that its source material contained no action scenes in the slightest. It was your typical Cold War story with Len Deighton/John Le Carre tone given to it. And despite noticing the lines derived from the graphic novel as they are, the action scenes and that extravagant look of the film are purely added by the filmmakers. I can hardly wait!