Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Rocket Science? I mean were things come up?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That's one way of putting it. :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Premature launches do happen. It's a risk you have to be willing to take in the field.
    Oh the amount of wear and tear that goes on out there in the field... It's a hard task, but someone's got to do it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

Spoilers in the trailer, but the action scenes look totally insane:

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Which reminds me, I need to get Tokyo Drift out of the way, so I can move on to Furious 7.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Wow. The action does indeed seem off the charts. They are going for broke. I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes one of the top 5 grossing films of the year. It checks every demographic and then some. Built for a global audience and with the easiest translatable dialogue of all (namely crazy action).

The car control is not as far fetched as it sounds. Recent wikileaks revelations suggest the CIA are actually working on this right now.

I was disappointed to smell the stench of 'author of all your pain' in one scene here, but apart from that I'm pumped for this!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That trailer had me laughing at the unashamed absurdity. I'm there opening day and yeah I kind of cringed at that SP reference.
    That trailer... Well, that's some crazy sh!t! :))

Love Love Love it! :D I'm on a seat in front of the screen the first day it comes out! :D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Had to change the undies after that one. I'll be watching the hell out of this movie.
    @DaltonCraig007, that is the best stairwell fight I've seen since CR, and I love that it's pretty much one take. This could be the most kick 'a' female action film since Haywire!
    Seeing that Atomic Blonde trailer...

Me, during and after:
    26BkMupzpQUkfhovS.gif
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Alright then, Atomic Blonde is going on to my 'want to see' list.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited March 2017 Posts: 45,489

Christ almighty!!

That was fucking fantastic! The action...the stairwell fight...jeez this is for immediate viewing. I mean seriously, wtf? That really REALLY impressed me.
    Before watching this, I'm giving the comic book itself a full (and might as well some intense and concentrated) reading.
    Charlize Theron the next Liam Neeson?
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

After the 2nd Fast 8 trailer and the red-band trailer for Atomic Blonde, it seems badass action flicks are piling up:

Here's the full trailer for the Chinese action thriller Extraordinary Mission

And Takashi Miike, who did the epic 13 Assassins in 2010, is giving us another similar type film with Blade of the Immortal:

Eiza Gonzalvez is hardly in it... But, dayum! :O
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

The International Trailer is miles better.
    Didn't notice there were 2 trailers released, thanks for the heads up @CraigMooreOHMSS.

I'll post it here too:

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Didn't notice there were 2 trailers released, thanks for the heads up @CraigMooreOHMSS.

I'll post it here too:

No problem! It does look superb. It's one Samuel L. Jackson cameo away from being a high-octane Tarantino heist flick.
    It does indeed look pretty slick.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Baby!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    First “Avatar” Sequel Won’t Hit In 2018

http://www.darkhorizons.com/first-avatar-sequel-wont-hit-in-2018/
    By Garth Franklin Friday, March 10th 2017 7:54 am
    In a move many saw coming, filmmaker James Cameron has confirmed that the previously announced late 2018 release date for the first of his “Avatar” sequels will not be met.

Speaking with The Star about his plans for the long in development four sequels, he confirms the first one won’t be released in 2018 as had been suggested:

“Well, 2018 is not happening. We haven’t announced a firm release date. What people have to understand is that this is a cadence of releases. So we’re not making Avatar 2. We’re making Avatar 2, 3, 4 and 5. It’s an epic undertaking. It’s not unlike building the Three Gorges dam.

(Laughs) So I know where I’m going to be for the next eight years of my life. It’s not an unreasonable time frame if you think about it. It took us four-and-a-half years to make one movie and now we’re making four. We’re full tilt boogie right now.

This is my day job and pretty soon we’ll be 24-7. We’re pretty well designed on all our creatures and sets. It’s pretty exciting stuff. I wish I could share with the world. But we have to preserve a certain amount of showmanship and we’re going to draw that curtain when the time is right.”

20th Century Fox previously announced a December 2018 release date for the first sequel with the rest to arrive December 2020, December 2022, and December 2023. Whether this current delay will impact the others is unclear t this point.

I'll post it here too:

No problem! It does look superb. It's one Samuel L. Jackson cameo away from being a high-octane Tarantino heist flick.
    I'll watch it. I'm getting some Kingsman crossed with Suicide Squad vibes from this one.
    Baby Driver will be good.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    FAST 8.

Remote control cars race through a building, smash through the side and fall from a great height to the street. (TND)
    Driving vintage American cars in Cuba. (DAD)
    Skydiving with a switchblade type device. (DAD)
    Cars launched from aircraft at altitude (but surviving this time). (DAD)
    Car wars on the arctic ice. (TLD, DAD)

Unrelated comment: get me Snake Plissken!