Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I feel like I have seen that film several times: Non-Stop (both films that bear that title), Executive Decision and Passenger 57 spring to mind.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Anytime I hear the something like, "one last time", I feel like throwing up.

On another note, does anyone think Alien Covenant will have anything to do with Prometheus? I seem to remember some announcements in the early stages of filming.
    The David Android from Prometheus will appear in Covenant as will Noomi Rapace in some form.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I feel like I have seen that film several times: Non-Stop (both films that bear that title), Executive Decision and Passenger 57 spring to mind.
    Don't forget Flightplan with Jodie Foster, Peter Sarsgaard and Sean Bean.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Just saw it! Been rolling on the floor with almost lethal laughter for a good two minutes... =))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @boldfinger, it is indeed a sequel to 'Prometheus.' I was looking forward to it, but that recent trailer killed a lot of my interest.
    How the hell did Fox get the rights to use the Superman theme?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,423
    doubleoego wrote: »
    How the hell did Fox get the rights to use the Superman theme?
    Been asking that question myself... Perhaps using copyrighted material isn't as problematic as in a feature length film?

Remember that The Incredibles teaser trailer used a portion of the OHMSS theme.
    Either way it was hilarious :D

Can't wait to see what other new antics they have in store as part of their marketing campaign.
    I knew when he got into the phone booth that the old man was going to die... :))
    Haha! The old codger never really stood a chance.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 5,767
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @boldfinger, it is indeed a sequel to 'Prometheus.' I was looking forward to it, but that recent trailer killed a lot of my interest.

On another note, does anyone think Alien Covenant will have anything to do with Prometheus? I seem to remember some announcements in the early stages of filming.
    The David Android from Prometheus will appear in Covenant as will Noomi Rapace in some form.
    That´s what I thougt I read long ago. But from the trailer I get the impression there´s not going to be much connection whatsoever.

The only real connection will be the return of:
    David, and likely Shaw. I believe that's her dog tags in the latest trailer.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just saw it! Been rolling on the floor with almost lethal laughter for a good two minutes... =))

Seriously? Didn t even make me smile.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

That´s what I thougt I read long ago. But from the trailer I get the impression there´s not going to be much connection whatsoever.

If what I'm thinking is true...
    David will be the one who causes the shit to hit the fan for the Covenant crew. It will be he who sabotages the ship and strands them. You can see him in the trailer; he is the lone, cloaked figure in the field. I'm gonna say also that he will also be involved somehow in the molding of the alien species into the perfect organism - hence Neomorph as opposed to Xenomorph. Where Shaw fits in to the story I am not too sure. But I am assuming it'll be a brief appearance.

I am very excited about a possible David vs David scenario.

If what I'm thinking is true...
    David will be the one who causes the shit to hit the fan for the Covenant crew. It will be he who sabotages the ship and strands them. You can see him in the trailer; he is the lone, cloaked figure in the field. I'm gonna say also that he will also be involved somehow in the molding of the alien species into the perfect organism - hence Neomorph as opposed to Xenomorph. Where Shaw fits in to the story I am not too sure. But I am assuming it'll be a brief appearance.

I am very excited about a possible David vs David scenario.
    The easiest bet would be that
    Shaw will appear as a log book entry of some kind, similar to the holographics the people from the Prometheus encounter in the alien ship.
    Yes, the
    David vs David scenario I would expect to be one of the highlights of the film, especially since David in Prometheus has probably the biggest subplot of any character in any Alien film after Ripley.
    Boy, youtube does have its merits. I just went through the latest Alien Covenant trailer frame by frame, and discovered a lot of details that made me very curious and paradoxically seem less spoiling than the trailer watched at normal speed. I´m very much sold at the moment :-).
    And does that film look beautiful!
    @boldfinger, the only thing killing it for me is what appears to be a lack of Xenomorphs in costume. I can't hark on enough about how detached I can become with a film that utilizes too much unnecessary CGI during action sequences, so hopefully this isn't the case for the entire movie, as I was otherwise intrigued before that most recent trailer.
    Atomic Blonde

WAAAAAAAATCHIIINNGGGGG!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @boldfinger, the only thing killing it for me is what appears to be a lack of Xenomorphs in costume. I can't hark on enough about how detached I can become with a film that utilizes too much unnecessary CGI during action sequences, so hopefully this isn't the case for the entire movie, as I was otherwise intrigued before that most recent trailer.
    @Creasy47, I had the impression from the trailer that there is wrong use of CGI. Yet going through it frame by frame, there are some things that peak my interest. So I´ll definitely go see it, but will probably be turned off by some CGI ;-).

What is it with female homoerotic scenes all of a sudden? Charlize Theron in the trailer above, and I don´t see Walter Hill´s new film going around it too. I don´t want to see such scenes.

It´s not in the trailer, but I bet it´s going to be in the movie:

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @DaltonCraig007, they should've just called it "The Day After the Day After Tomorrow."
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Geostorm looks like it's going to rival London Has Fallen for horrendous special effects. I'll still watch it though. I don't know how Butler is going to save the world - it looks futile based on that trailer.

Atomic Blonde is on my list.
    What is it with female homoerotic scenes all of a sudden? Charlize Theron in the trailer above, and I don´t see Walter Hill´s new film going around it too. I don´t want to see such scenes.
    I'm partial to them personally. I think you're right that we'll see some of this in The Assignment as well if 1:27 to 1:28 is any indication. This Caitlin Gerard has my attention.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames you are going to laugh, but in 'Geostorm' there will also be a conspiration against the US President - whom Gerard Butler will have to save during all the disaster mayhem (according to the synopsis I read a few months ago).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @bondjames and I run on a pro-lesbian ticket. We don't mind it, we just want to watch.
    I'm definitely going to be needing my thunderball jetpacks as I watch Atomic Blonde the first day it comes out... I'll even be breaking James Brown's record by yelling "Good God!" each time something arousing as such (for scientific purposes, mind you?) come up. ;)
    I'm definitely going to be needing my thunderball jetpacks as I watch Atomic Blonde the first day it comes out... I'll even be breaking James Brown's record by yelling "Good God!" each time something arousing as such (for scientific purposes, mind you?) come up. ;)

Of course, we do it only for science. We're not perverts, OBVIOUSLY.

Of course, we do it only for science. We're not perverts, OBVIOUSLY.
    Yes, sir! ;)