Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I'm sure they'll keep it interesting despite the length. It looks like this one may have some backstory or something with Theron's character.

Agree on Predator. Cast is doing nothing for me.

Orlando Bloom's greatest success was bagging Miranda Kerr. He's completely forgettable in the Unlocked trailer. I wouldn't want him (or Apted) anywhere near Bond. The Swedish chick owns him in the trailers.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Looking at the 'Predator' cast photo, it's pretty bad when that little kid looks less annoying than Olivia Munn.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 40,492
    I like Holbrook, I like Michael-Key, and after 'Moonlight,' I'll see Trevante Rhodes in anything, but other than that, the cast isn't terribly special. Hope the film impresses me enough, at least, because I've been looking forward to it for a good while now.

I'm calling it now, that kid will be the "answer" to stopping the Predator in this.

EDIT: Here's the (mostly) full cast for 'Alien: Covenant':

alien-covenant-cast-large.jpg

Finally, it's no surprise after such a long time, but 'Hellboy 3' is "100% not happening" anymore:

http://collider.com/hellboy-3-cancelled-guillermo-del-toro/
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

According to some rumours, Fast & Furious 8 may be the longest outing in the franchise yet, clocking at 2 hours and 40 minutes.

That's... that's quite long for an action film. I still need to see about getting hold of the sequels, i've had enough recommendations to do so.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

14 years between the 2 pictures. Liam Neeson really is immortal.

liamlove.jpg

1280_love_actually_Liam_Neeson_WENN.jpg
    The Predator cast isn't inspiring me greatly but this quote from Shane Black most certainly is.."PG-13 is for pussies". Sounds like we're going to get a proper, gory, full on Predator movie at last
    The cast for 'The Predator' is a little better for me now, with Alfie Allen joining the cast:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-predator-alfie-allen/#more-399858
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Alien: Covenant prologue... Last Supper

I was in though now I am definitely in, great ensemble cast
    Looking good. I liked the fake John Hurt 'Kane' moment.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    Looking good. I liked the fake John Hurt 'Kane' moment.
    Thought the prologue was a good way to introduce the characters, really looking forward to seeing this.

Loved the John Hurt nod too! Sooo looking forward to this movie!
    I quite enjoyed it, not something you get to see for a lot of films these days. Hopefully we get the same sort of chemistry/getting to know the crew members in the finished product.
    Wow, that big a bunch of people promises quite a body count...
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Wow, that big a bunch of people promises quite a body count...

My thoughts exactly. I had feared they had already given away too many surprises/death scenes in that first red-band trailer, but seeing that the crew is at least a dozen plus, we're in for a lot more.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 15,690

I really like the grizzly older look that Vincent Cassel has now, as seen in the upcoming french crime film Fleuve Noir:

2766240.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Cassel hardly disappoints...
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    He should do more English language films. He's got a very unique look and great screen presence.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    bondjames wrote: »
    He should do more English language films. He's got a very unique look and great screen presence.
    +1
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Agreed. VC never disappoints. He was the best thing about the last Bourne film for me.
    International trailer for 'The Fate of the Furious':

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I think I'm going to hold off on seeing any more of F8, considering just one trailer showed a giant chunk of the movie and it's main action scenes. If they'd bottled it up a bit and saved some goodness to actually surprise people with, imagine the theater experience? Their last film passed a billion at the BO easily, so why oversaturate the market with spoilery trailers?
    I heard the first trailer was filled with spoilers, so I skipped it and caught the TV spot they aired alongside the Super Bowl trailer. That's all I need to see, no sense in spoiling the climax of all the big set pieces and action sequences.
  • I heard F8's running time is 160 minutes crikey, there must be one long car chase. Watched a small part of the first trailer, avoided any more clips etc.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    With that runtime, one then hopes that there's a lot more to see that they haven't thrown on us yet.
    That runtime has yet to be confirmed; I'd be surprised if it ended up being that long, but if the pacing is good enough, you won't even notice how long it lasts.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Just some speculation but Keanu Reeves is open to do a 4th Matrix film if handled by the Wachowski siblings.
    John Wick 3: John Enters the Matrix and Takes a Red & Blue Pill has just been confirmed by Reeves on Twitter.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    John Wick 3: John Enters the Matrix and Takes a Red & Blue Pill has just been confirmed by Reeves on Twitter.

You got my $10.50
    I don't need a fourth 'Matrix' installment, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be the first person in line on opening day for that movie.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Agreed. VC never disappoints. He was the best thing about the last Bourne film for me.

Although not quite his fault, he was a horrible Blieberry.