Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The sequel was going to be awesome. I was devastated when it got mothballed.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    All these action films are going to be made no matter what, there is always a demand for mindless action flicks. However, I rather guys like Liam Neeson, Mel Gibson, Jason Statham and Denzel Washington to do the most of these films they can, even if they become typecast, because the alternative is Hollywood casting some block of wood like Jai Courtney, Sam Worthington or Aaron Johnson, and then these entertaining sounding action flicks become unwatchable because of these sorry excuses for leading stars.

Also, unlike the young 'uns you mentioned, Neeson brings somewhere in the region of 30 years as an actor to his action films, which makes him stand out. While none of his action thrillers will top Taken for the wow factor, i'll still see see Hard Powder & Suspension. Neeson would have been the last name I thought of when thinking about action stars. Now look at him. It's been almost 10 years since Taken, and he's still making action thrillers.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @MajorDSmythe Taken came out, originally in February 2008 in France. I don' t think there is any specific date for upcoming Neeson films in 2018 yet, so the closest we have right now is 'The Commuter' ('Non-Stop', this time on a train) which comes out in October 2017, a few months before the 10th anniversary of his action star career.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @MajorDSmythe Taken came out, originally in February 2008 in France. I don' t think there is any specific date for upcoming Neeson films in 2018 yet, so the closest we have right now is 'The Commuter' ('Non-Stop', this time on a train) which comes out in October 2017, a few months before the 10th anniversary of his action star career.

It's only a few more years until they take Neeson to space. He's been everywhere else.

I personally want to see him in more noir-type films. I enjoyed A Walk Among the Tombstones for its portrayal of his flawed character. I'd like to see him get into those kinds of roles again, because like Bogart and Mitchum he's really great at replicating the eroding souls and exhausted bones of troubled detectives.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I don't know if I ever mentioned it on this thread, but Neeson has 'Felt' that is coming out this year, a film about the true story of Mark Felt who claimed he was the real man under the pseudonym 'Deep Throat' during the Watergate scandal.

Here's a first look at Neeson in this:

345E0D8500000578-0-image-a-60_1463654404837.jpg
    Ghost In The Shell Super Bowl Spot

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I can't stand anime, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't incredibly interested in what I've seen so far from 'Ghost in the Shell.'
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This looks like the new Matrix.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondjames wrote: »
    This looks like the new Matrix.
    Only much more boring.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

Thanks to @Creasy47 for telling me about this news: Gerard Butler will lead the film Snow Ponies, the debut film as director for the second-unit veteran Darrin Prescott who worked on 'John Wick 2'.

''Snow Ponies follows a crew of seven hardened men who travel across a vicious landscape to deliver a mysterious package. They are met by murderous bandits and brutal obstacles at every turn, all the while wondering what secrets their precious cargo might contain.''
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 5,767
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Ghost In The Shell Super Bowl Spot

I won´t even go as far as lamenting that this new GitS film seems to ignore the original topic that is so complex I fail to describe it here in short. But turning the main character into some Robocop or Bourne derivative is way low :-(.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Super Bowl TV Spots

Guardians of the Galaxy - Volume 2:

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales:

Transformers - The Last Knight:

The Fate of the Furious:

Logan:

Guardians looks like the worst of the lot.
    Just out of curiosity, has Bond ever had a super bowl ad?
    Love the Pirates of the Caribbean movies! :ar!
    CGI of the Galaxy: Volume 2.

My favorite spot was the one for 'John Wick 2,' not that I needed any more footage to convince my ass to see it this week.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I haven't seen any of the Pirates of the Caribbean films, but I must admit the special effects in that trailer look incredible. Bardem looks like he's going to give us a Silva worthy hammy performance.

The FF trailer reminds me of DAD, and not in a good way due to the ice scenes.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I've seen the first four films. Didn't care for the last two at all.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I almost forgot!

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Oh yeah!
    Set photos reveal Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft:

• edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    I am being very good not watched any Super Bowl trailers

@Creasy47 Vikander certainly looking the part.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I almost forgot!

Now we re talking.
    Ben Wheatley plans his own remake of 'The Wages of Fear':

http://www.darkhorizons.com/wheatley-talks-wages-of-fear-remake/
    FIN03_JW2_1Sht_Online_Gun-600x852.jpg

The reviews for this are really good. I'm there opening day. Not long left to go now.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 40,474
    @doubleoego, already got my tickets for the 7PM showing on Thursday. One of the very few movies I must see in theaters this year. I missed the first one in theaters and I won't make the same mistake twice.
    Ha! I feel your enthusiasm. I need to jump on getting my tickets too. I'm feeling very giddy right now :D
    Ha! I feel your enthusiasm. I need to jump on getting my tickets too. I'm feeling very giddy right now :D

As am I; rewatched 'John Wick' last night and will likely watch it again before Thursday. I had to get my tickets ASAP because my local theater now requires reserved seating for any and all showings, so if you plan on going with a party to a movie, you better get them ASAP or you're guaranteed to not sit together, which is a pain.
    Noted. I only need two tickets for now. I plan to see this a couple of times more. I'm going to wait until the day before release to rewatch the first one.
    Noted. I only need two tickets for now. I plan to see this a couple of times more. I'm going to wait until the day before release to rewatch the first one.

I've seen it at least a few dozen times since its release, I'd say. One of my favorite action movies of the last decade, and it sounds like the sequel is going to be nothing but bigger and better. Hell, I think I saw one review mention that the body count of the first movie is bigger in just the first half of the sequel, which says something!