Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Seeing Logan on Wednesday.

I've sworn off paying money to ever sit through another one of these superhero movies, but the 'X-Men' Universe is one of the only ones I've consistently enjoyed since I was young, and this movie looks pretty damn solid, so I'm probably going to catch it in theaters at some point soon. Be sure to share your thoughts once you catch it tomorrow!

I will do. I haven't really enjoyed the X-Men movies since X-2 but Logan looks fantastic. A no nonsense, no bs kind of film. Hopefully I can catch it early tomorrow.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'm seeing 'Logan' tomorrow afternoon! Really excited.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Full red-band trailer for 'Alien: Covenant' to release tomorrow, as well as the "censored" green-band trailer version, with either (guess it depends on location) version being attached to 'Logan' this weekend.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That would be great.
    Sort of off topic but anyone know when we can expect a first Kingsman Trailer?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 11,139
    New Alien trailer

New Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 trailer

I hope not. It had to come at some point, but it shouldn t be exploitative.

I thought 'Patriot's Day' was done in very good taste, and (shockingly) didn't seem to milk a tragedy just for a high box-office. It was rather emotional and touching throughout. However, I think it's easier to work with the events of that (and shape it as a movie that people can enjoy while crying over) as opposed to what happened in Norway six years ago. Greengrass being attached makes me think it's going to be action-driven, which doesn't inspire much confidence.
    So you haven´t seen Cpt. Phillips then?

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited March 2017 Posts: 8,040
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I hope not. It had to come at some point, but it shouldn t be exploitative.

I thought 'Patriot's Day' was done in very good taste, and (shockingly) didn't seem to milk a tragedy just for a high box-office. It was rather emotional and touching throughout. However, I think it's easier to work with the events of that (and shape it as a movie that people can enjoy while crying over) as opposed to what happened in Norway six years ago. Greengrass being attached makes me think it's going to be action-driven, which doesn't inspire much confidence.
    So you haven´t seen Cpt. Phillips then?

Or Bloody Sunday, for that matter.

The man can do real life events justice, no doubt.
    New Alien trailer

That Alien trailer actually inspires a lot of confidence in me for the film. The Neomorphs look superb.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Alien: Covenant looks outstanding. It seems to be a great combination of Prometheus (which I loved) and Alien.
    The planet in the Alien Covenant trailer looked very familiar
    possibly the planet at the beginning of Prometheus should during the title credits, maybe that planet was not earth?
    I feel like we haven't spoken enough about how great this trailer is. One of the best I've seen since the Fury Road collection of trailers.

I feel like we haven't spoken enough about how great this trailer is. One of the best I've seen since the Fury Road collection of trailers.

I'm sure this film will be great. I have some concerns about the preponderance of special effects though (it seems a bit shoddy in places) but I'm still watching it on day one. The humour reminds me of films like Anaconda or Lake Placid (both favourites of mine) which combine horror with a bit of light heartedness.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I don't have much interest (if any) in Skull Island, to be honest.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've stayed away from the Skull Island trailers for the very salient purpose of not seeing every bloody second of the film before it's out in theaters.
    Skull Island aka Apocalypse Now 2
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

@Crazysoul95, I believe the film is actually being marketed as Apocalypse Now (with an Ape).
    New Alien trailer

New Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 trailer

As Stone Cold Steve Austin would say? HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!

Guardians 2 looks fun too!!! :-bd
    bondjames wrote: »

I'm sure this film will be great. I have some concerns about the preponderance of special effects though (it seems a bit shoddy in places) but I'm still watching it on day one. The humour reminds me of films like Anaconda or Lake Placid (both favourites of mine) which combine horror with a bit of light heartedness.

I wasn't sold on the humour at first but once I saw that shot at 1:02 onwards in the latest trailer, I knew it was a must see.

It's also one of the most vividly colourful blockbusters I've seen in recent memory. The palette looks gorgeous and again, right up there with Mad Max.

And who can't adore Kong's use of the landscape as a source of weaponry? ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Apecalypso Now
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 5,767
    Alien Covenant looks immensely beautiful and at the same time I´m not sure I won´t be bored. I hope the action and all the rest will take me over the feeling that it´s been done before too many times.

Kong seems to be more about action and too many creatures and not so much about tense storytelling.

Guardians otG 2, well, it does have Kurt Russell...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Looks really good. Interestingly, I'm seeing elements of Silva in Bardem's character here with Sparrow standing in for M. SF's influence is still being felt, it seems.

Looks very very good. Never thought I'd be so excited to see another POTC movie but I'm definitely sold on this.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

This thread is for films only, but due to the sh*t-load of Netflix trailers these past few days, I'll use this thread for a recap:

It took me a while to go through all of these @DaltonCraig007. They all look brilliant. Even the foreign language ones. I may have to bite the bullet on a Netflix subscription finally!
    Christ. The rise of Netflix from a simple streaming service to a film and TV juggernaut has been a nice thing to see. Their original shows and films match or exceeds what is on TV currently, sometimes in embarrassing ways.
    Anytime I hear the something like, "one last time", I feel like throwing up.

On another note, does anyone think Alien Covenant will have anything to do with Prometheus? I seem to remember some announcements in the early stages of filming.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well, this should be interesting...

Like giving Denise Richards a chance in a serious role...

http://dai.ly/x5dq7p9