FANTASTILICIOUS FUN FOR FILM FANS 089: your top 10's of 2020 and most anticipated films of 2021?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited September 2014 Posts: 45,489
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @Thunderfinger, how indeed could you forget the one and only...? ;-)

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Bela Lugosi and Chrisopher Lee rank as, really, the only good Draculas.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I vote for Scaramanga.
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    I vote for Scaramanga.

Bela Lugosias Dracula and Max Schreck as Nosferatu (who is Dracula with another name)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2014 Posts: 13,894
    I think I hear my song... ;)

4. Christopher Lee - Hammer Horror: Dracula Series (1958 -1974)
    lee-dracula1.jpg

3. Nosferatu The Vampyre (1979)
    15wL5xR-Dracula4.jpg

2. Jack Palance - Dan Curtis' Dracula (1974)
    4.jpg

1. Bela Lugosi - Dracula (1931)
    Bela+Lugosi.jpg

Those were the best, imo. The rest range from: I didn't like them to plain bloody awful.
  • Bela lugosi is the best imo, but i also liked Christopher Lee. Although im not a huge fan on the franchise
    Christopher Lee Rocked.
    Jack Palance Rolled.
    The rest were chamber music.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited September 2014 Posts: 2,629
    I do hope everyone is voting for Christopher Lee as best Dracula.
    Bela Lugosi is a cut above the rest. His look and accent are just perfect!
    Kerim wrote: »
    I do hope everyone is voting for Christopher Lee as best Dracula.

NO.

I am so uneducated, I only saw Christopher Lee and Gary Oldman. Those two were very good though.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I am so uneducated, I only saw Christopher Lee and Gary Oldman. Those two were very good though.

That is not uneducated, it is a chance to experience new versions and find your head around the interpretations of the various.

I am looking forward to the new Dracula movie with Luke Evans.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    <center><font color=#E9AB17 size=6><b>022</b>
    How do you feel about David Lynch and his films?</font></center>
    The man's a nutcase.
    But very talented. Dune was almost great. Elephant Man is his best work IMO. Eraserhead made me feel like I was on a bad acid trip.
  • He makes to special movies for my taste. But i still really liked the elephant man and Mulholland Drive
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've only ever seen Dune, but I enjoyed that greatly.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I never saw Lee as Dracula - or any of the others mentioned - only Lugosi (who was great).
    Sorry, correction: I did enjoy Nosferatu a lot! Max was fantastic. Close second to Lugosi.
    (I have not seen the remake.)

Arnold gets my vote as worse actor (true, I have never liked him).

I think I have seen only one David Lynch film - The Elephant Man, eons ago. It was pretty good, but I cannot remember much. So another topic, I can't really say much about. But it's still fun reading this thread.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 6,844
    The Elephant Man, Blue Velvet, and Twin Peaks were all excellent, so I admire David Lynch very much as a filmmaker. Still, his style, themes, and subject matter don't exactly match my tastes, so I don't find myself revisiting his work or seeking out films of his I haven't seen. I tried watching Mulholland Drive back when it came out, grew disinterested, and never finished it, but I should probably watch it in full at some point since I've heard it strongly recommended. I'm somewhat interested in seeing Inland Empire based on the synopsis, but I've heard mixed reviews. I've never had an interest in watching Dune, but as a big fan of science fiction in general, I am positive I will wind up seeing it at some point. I guess the bottom line for me with David Lynch is that I respect him as a filmmaker, but seeing his name attached to a project doesn't get me very interested in it.
  • Some I really love, some I don't really like.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 5,767
    SaintMark wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »

That is not uneducated, it is a chance to experience new versions and find your head around the interpretations of the various.
    Thank you @SaintMark for your positive way of seeing things :-) .

Upon checking imdb, I not only find that I saw more of his films that I enjoyed than films I didn´t enjoy, but also that he did a documentary with Duran Duran, which of course gives the man a big plus.

I don´t clearly remember Blue Velvet.
    I do clearly remember how cool Special Agent Dale B. Cooper was, and how p+++ed off I was when that spirit got into him. I seem to remember the cinematic Twin Peaks film to be a mess, but maybe I should watch it one more time.
    Lost Highway was brilliant.
    The Elephant Man was rather moving in retrospective. At the time when I saw it I was expecting some kind of monster film, so I couldn´t really appreciate it for what it is immediately.
    The only attribute I can think of in regard to Eraserhead is disturbing. But maybe my understanding of art will one day have developed so far that I can give the film another try. Or better not.
    Dune was cool, all the more so since I heard Alejandro Jodorowsky talk about his own preparations for making the film, and how commercialized in comparison Lynch´s version turned out.
    I found the first half of Mullholland Drive hilarious, the second half utter c++p. Perhaps I should check out the tv version.
    The straight Story was great. Also because it was one of the very few films I watched together with my dad where both of us had a good time ;-) .

Time for a list:

Good vibe:
    Lost Highway
    The straight Story
    Mullholland Drive (first half)

Very fascinating at least at the time it came out:
    Twin Peaks (tv series)

Enjoyed:
    Dune
    The Elephant Man
    Blue Velvet

Bad vibe:
    Mullholland Drive (second half)
    Eraserhead

Don´t really know where to put Twin Peaks Fire walk with Me
    It was pretty hood,

Boyz-N-da-Hood-bb03.jpg

Sorry, @4EverBonded. I couldn't resist. ;-)

Lynch is one of those directors who keep surprising you as a viewer with his cinematic outings, and that goes in both directions good & bad.
    But I find that a movie with his name attached does generate my interest.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Blue Velvet was great, but Wild At Heart was even greater, and of course Twin Peaks changed television.
  • Blue Velvet was great, but Wild At Heart was even greater, and of course Twin Peaks changed television.

I still don't understand why a lot of people find Twin Peaks some sort of masterpiece. Some of the elements like the show's atmosphere are great, but the story itself... The first few episodes are very enjoyable, but after that it quickly turns silly.

That's just my own opinion though, I have a friend who really loves it. :)
    Christopher Lee
    He brought a certain menace and sexual energy to the role.
    I like some of Lynch's films but not all. I have yet to watch Inland Empire. Eraserhead is actually my favourite of his films though I hardly comprehend it. I guess I'm drawn in by the visual style.
    <center><font color=#E9AB17 size=6><b>023</b>
    Your favourite Hans Zimmer score.</font></center>[/quote]

The Dark Knight Trilogy.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Mission Impossible 2