Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'd forgotten that too. I know that there was a major forum upgrade in April 2019 and that the mobile version of the site changed to a new look at that point - the member avatars become round, for one example. That could've been when the changes you've noticed occurred, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I suppose I've just gotten so used to the way it is now that I've forgotten how it used to be.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Funny how it took a returning member from a years long hiatus to spark the memories of those who'd forgotten the way things were. Sort of like a friend coming over to your house after a long time away from one another, and they remark how different everything looks but to you, it's just how your house looks. ;-)

I don't mind, I was just curious why the blue went away as I found it helpful and pleasant to look at. This forum's whole design is just top-notch in general, really. I absolutely love the balance of blue and white, which go really well together, and always have. I don't want what it is, but I always hold Bond synonymous with blue, so it's fitting that the design of this site has such strong blue design elements to it. Maybe it's because it's the OG Bond's eye color, or that so many Bond actors have made blue a dominant part of their wardrobe. It just fits. It's also my favorite color, so that's a plus too. ;-)
    edited November 2021 Posts: 17,787
    It could also be that the literary Bond at least was a true blue Tory. Blue is quite a Conservative colour. ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Sometimes the bold ways are best.

Blue is royal, regal, majestic. Synonymous with Britain. Bond wears a lot of blue throughout the series. Past Bond merch had blue packaging, especially around the early Craig era.

Electric blue is my favorite colour.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    It could also be that the literary Bond at least was a true blue Tory. Blue is quite a Conservative colour. ;)

@Dragonpol, of course, come to think of it, Fleming's Bond's go-to uniform was his blue suit as well. Blue crops up everywhere across all variations of Bond.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 17,787

@Dragonpol, of course, come to think of it, Fleming's Bond's go-to uniform was his blue suit as well. Blue crops up everywhere across all variations of Bond.

Indeed. It could be a naval thing too as blue is the colour of the Royal Navy and the literary Bond had a background there in the RNVR. The film Bond also has a naval background too, albeit somewhat different from the literary character.
    Still waiting to be able to select NTTD as my favourite Bond film :(

Good to know that not everyone hated it...

@StirredNotShaken, I genuinely thought that you were joking the first time I saw you ask that. It's really good to hear that you were genuine. It would rank very, very highly for me as well, but not the top. CR may hold that candle forever. Just too soon to know where it'd fit, as it's been so long since I've sat down with the films.

@StirredNotShaken, I genuinely thought that you were joking the first time I saw you ask that. It's really good to hear that you were genuine. It would rank very, very highly for me as well, but not the top. CR may hold that candle forever. Just too soon to know where it'd fit, as it's been so long since I've sat down with the films.

I think there's a strong possibility that, given their shared presence in my top 25 films, CR might do a bit of trading off with NTTD for the throne, but right now, NTTD just edges it out for me.
    @StirredNotShaken, I really glad you enjoyed it. I know for some it's divisive, but I just came away from it respecting the balls it had, and was also happy that Dan got the send-off he deserved. I'm one of the bigger SP fans here, but that just wasn't worthy of being his last. NTTD really tied off every loose end I could think of, and had my jaw constantly dropping throughout.

We'll have to talk about it more in the corresponding threads sometime. Currently trying to formulate a review of it now, but there's so much to say...
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Sorry for the delay, to be honest I wasn't sure I could do it. But...ask and ye shall receive.

^:)^
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I don't know if this is in the power of our moderators / administrators, but in the Notification section of the user settings, I do want to be notified if someone mentions me, but it triggers this notification every time someone quotes a post in which I'm mentioned. It would be nice to get the notification the first time, but if your "mention" appears in a quote, to not get that notification.

Does that make sense?
    I don't know if this is in the power of our moderators / administrators, but in the Notification section of the user settings, I do want to be notified if someone mentions me, but it triggers this notification every time someone quotes a post in which I'm mentioned. It would be nice to get the notification the first time, but if your "mention" appears in a quote, to not get that notification.

Does that make sense?

I noticed that too the other day. It wasn't like that in the old days.
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    @DarthDimi
    We already have more than enough DAD related threads

What films are there not enough threads about?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    M16_Cart wrote: »
    @DarthDimi

None. That's the thing. Either way, I sent you a PM to discuss a suggestion.
    M16_Cart wrote: »
    @DarthDimi

As a casual, impartial observer, you do make a lot of threads, probably all of which already have a thread they can go under.

Search in these forums isn't the best tool (I see you made a thread about that!), so the easiest thing to do to look for a discussion is go into Google and type "mi6community <subject>"; I think you'll find what you're looking for comes up pretty quickly. Another tool I've recently discovered is to use the Categories on the left hand side to hone in on the topic you want to discuss.
    How do I report a forum member for bullying? There us one member here who keeps trying to bait me and just posted to another member that I’m “ just a troll “ .This person follows me into every thread and Iv already said that I ignore him but he just keeps baiting me by insulting me in every thread I post in.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 7,526
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    How do I report a forum member for bullying? There us one member here who keeps trying to bait me and just posted to another member that I’m “ just a troll “ .This person follows me into every thread and Iv already said that I ignore him but he just keeps baiting me by insulting me in every thread I post in.

You flag their posts. But personally I think I know who you're talking about, and you give it as good as you get it.
    263642518_243391457885839_3437798681460286819_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=1NEBWb3UOcoAX_lQU6t&_nc_ht=scontent.fcxh3-1.fna&oh=5b18f4478f4e4cc7e48287fba4445f36&oe=61AF6917
    How do you flag posts?
    How do you flag posts?

You can flag posts using the flag button beside the time and post count and below the member's username. You press flag and then type out your complaint for a mod to investigate.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    How do you flag posts?

You can flag posts using the flag button beside the time and post count and below the member's username. You press flag and then type out your complaint for a mod to investigate.

And if that's not working for you, feel free to reach out to any of us on the moderating team to assist you further.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    How do you flag posts?

Thanks for the info. I just flagged your post and can confirm it's working!
    Or am I bluffing? Am I?
    mattjoes wrote: »
    How do you flag posts?

Or am I bluffing? Am I?

I'm well used to it by now. 96% of my posts are flagged.
    How do you flag posts?

Or am I bluffing? Am I?

I wasn't aware of that.
    edited March 2022 Posts: 17,787
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    How do you flag posts?

Or am I bluffing? Am I?

I wasn't aware of that.

No, I was joking of course. I'm sure I've had posts flagged before in my time here but hopefully not too often.
    How do you flag posts?

Or am I bluffing? Am I?

I wasn't aware of that.

No, I was joking of course. I'm sure I've had posts flagged before in my time here but hopefully not too often.

I know Interpol is reading and analysing your posts. Other than that, we're good. ;-)
    How do you flag posts?

Or am I bluffing? Am I?

I wasn't aware of that.

I know Interpol is reading and analysing your posts. Other than that, we're good. ;-)

Yes, of course. Interpol needs Dragonpol. I'm such a good source for them. :)
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    edited July 2022 Posts: 538
    I suggest that the admin or the mods of this site should make a discord and advertise it here, make it the official one for the MI6Community. That would help people to join it.

Discord has grown into a large platform. I think going on a platform like this is crucial to getting younger millennials and gen Z connected the bond community. Message boards tend to mostly have the 30+ crowd.

It also allows members to have group voice chats. Maybe people can vibe and watch bond movies together.

Bond is like the only major franchise without an active discord. Nearly every other large community for entertainment has one.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What is Discord even used for, just group chats? Some bigger objective that I'm unaware of? I've heard about it consistently over the past few years but have never looked into it.