Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    As an aside I too have noticed that threads aren't updating how many posts have been made since one has last clicked on the link. I've also noticed that it doesn't automatically update to show you've clicked on a thread and seen the new posts within it since you last clicked on it like it used to do. I thought perhaps it was just my phone playing up but it seems that others have had the same issue recently too.
    I'm getting that too, on the PC and phone, but about half of them show the yellow highlight.

Same.
    I think it's about time to add No Time to Die to the "favourite Bond film" section on our profiles ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Unfortunately the spambots seem to be running rampant on the Activity Page again, posting more website links. Looks like the same ones as we had a few months ago.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I’m cleaning it up as fast as I can.
    Benny wrote: »
    I’m cleaning it up as fast as I can.

Thanks, @Benny. There's no rush. Just wanted to make people aware of it before it gets too bad. :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I would add that it’s a lot easier if people don’t add to the activity page until after it’s cleaned up.
    Thanks
    Benny wrote: »
    I would add that it’s a lot easier if people don’t add to the activity page until after it’s cleaned up.
    Thanks

Yes, certainly. That just adds to the clutter and makes it harder to clean up.
    QBranch wrote: »
    As an aside I too have noticed that threads aren't updating how many posts have been made since one has last clicked on the link. I've also noticed that it doesn't automatically update to show you've clicked on a thread and seen the new posts within it since you last clicked on it like it used to do. I thought perhaps it was just my phone playing up but it seems that others have had the same issue recently too.
    I'm getting that too, on the PC and phone, but about half of them show the yellow highlight.

Same.

I've found that after you go out of the thread link you've clicked on you have to click the link in the MI6 Community forum title for it to refresh and show the views correctly and the link you've just clicked on. I suppose that's one way around it for now anyway.
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    edited October 2021 Posts: 2,609
    I've found that after you go out of the thread link you've clicked on you have to click the link in the MI6 Community forum title for it to refresh and show the views correctly and the link you've just clicked on. I suppose that's one way around it for now anyway.

Thanks a lot, but for me, it doesn't work, or I didn't understand correctly (maybe because I'm not a native speaker, or I'm just dumb). Could you explain again, please? Which forum title link?

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Just so you all know @Birdleson has been removed from mod duties at his own request. But, as with all ex mods the MI6 logo will remain over his avatar to indicate his overall standing within the community and as a thank you for his services.

So, thank you again @Birdleson , you have been a great member of the team and I hope you don't abandon us altogether. Stay safe and well.

Nic
    edited October 2021 Posts: 17,808
    NicNac wrote: »
    Just so you all know @Birdleson has been removed from mod duties at his own request. But, as with all ex mods the MI6 logo will remain over his avatar to indicate his overall standing within the community and as a thank you for his services.

So, thank you again @Birdleson , you have been a great member of the team and I hope you don't abandon us altogether. Stay safe and well.

Nic

Thanks for letting us know, @NicNac. I too wish to thank @Birdleson for his years of service as a mod here and for his membership in general. It's much appreciated and I agree that I hope he remains with us and doesn't abandon us altogether. I've enjoyed all his threads and appreciate his long-standing knowledge and experience of all things Bond. It's fitting that he gets to keep the MI6 logo as it is a seal of the approval and high regard we continue to hold him in.
  • Sorry to hear this but I hope you are doing well @Birdleson Take care!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited October 2021 Posts: 7,526
    Thanks for everything @Birdleson! You've always made this community feel like a welcoming place.

I hereby put my name forward to keep the British (Columbian / West Coast) end up. ;)
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Said this elsewhere, but I value any OG fan from the 60s. I’ll miss his contributions.
    I'll definitely miss his contributions to the literary Bond topics. There are few enough of us literary Bond fans on here as it is. We can scarcely afford to lose another.
    One of my fave mods here, too. Hope he's well.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Even in my interrmittent time in the community I've always enjoyed Birdleson's posts and input. I hope all is well.
    I think it's about time to add No Time to Die to the "favourite Bond film" section on our profiles ;)
    I echo this! I checked the other day to see if I could make the update to my profile.
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 15,818
    I have a question:
    How does one go about permanently deleting their discussions/topics?
    I've only created about five and TBH they're embarrassingly sub par and un-original.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I have a question:
    I've only created about five and TBH they're embarrassingly sub par and un-original.

That would be something only a mod could do on request but it would be a real shame to lose any more discussions here.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Regarding Birdleson's posts, I wonder if perhaps they are not permanently deleted yet. Could there be a copy of them stored away on a database backup, if there is such a thing for these forums? It's bad to see someone go, so for their contributions to remain in some shape or form would be nice.

I have a question:
    Just come and try to delete that Tom Selleck thread. I am waiting.

41sbcmvIFkL._AC_.jpg
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Regarding Birdleson's posts, I wonder if perhaps they are not permanently deleted yet. Could there be a copy of them stored away on a database backup, if there is such a thing for these forums? It's bad to see someone go, so for their contributions to remain in some shape or form would be nice.

I have a question:
    Just come and try to delete that Tom Selleck thread. I am waiting.

41sbcmvIFkL._AC_.jpg

Haha! Glad somebody likes it!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Looks like the 'TV Alerts' thread is gone.

Tonight on the tube:

AVTAK: 7:00pm
    TLD: 9:40pm

Gem, Australia
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    did the "rank the best performances of each actor" thread just disappear?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    M16_Cart wrote: »
    did the "rank the best performances of each actor" thread just disappear?

I'm afraid that might've been one of @Birdleson's posts that was accidentally deleted when he wiped his content.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Can anyone wipe their content? Or just mods?
    I'm not sure if non-mods can wipe their content en masse (as he did) but you can certainly go through and delete all your posts manually, as long as it'd take. I think it's an option on your profile to delete it all (if you are indeed allowed to do so if you aren't a moderator).
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    do i have permission to remake the thread
    Have at it. It was unique enough to stand out from already existing threads and generated some good discussion.

As was mentioned before, @Birdleson absolutely didn't mean to take those threads out on his way out, merely to delete his content; he didn't even realize that would include the threads he generated until it was too late.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Just something I wondered: I remember that back in the old days, all your posts would be contained inside a faint blue colored text box, and stand out from the other comments your fellow members made in a thread, which would just blend in against the white background of the forum itself. When did that change, so that now all comments, even your own, blend into the white with no distinction between them? I was curious when it changed after I started posting again, as I see that when you send someone a private message your comments are blue like they used to be on the main pages.

Just made me do a double-take, since it makes it a little harder to scroll down a page fast and see when your last comment was.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Hey yeah, I forgot about that. I think it disappeared when we got the upgrade with new MI6 logo. I see that my own discussions (threads I've made) still turn up blue.