It's Carnival Time! - The WORLD CUP FINALS 2014.

Comments

• edited June 2014 Posts: 19,339
    I think this photo sums up whether that little shit bit the Italian or not ..look at the teeth marks on that !!

Bq-uHRvCUAArhr4.jpg

I posted the same photo yesterday. ;-)
    I posted the same photo yesterday. ;-)

Careful or i might just take a chunk out of your shoulder for being lippy !

Best joke I've heard so far:

"Suarez is hoping to face Germany later on in the tournament because he really loves a shoulder of Lahm".

:D
    I posted that one yesterday ;)
    nah not really,only joking he he
    001 wrote:
    The Greeks have done a great job to get into the last 16.
    They fought unlike some other countries. \m/

That's what I fear now that Costa Rica is going against them.
    Bq-noJ6IUAEo991.jpg
    Wow. What a start to this Argentina/Nigeria game. 2 fabulous goals already!
    Talk about a one man team.
    Messi... makes it look so easy...
    Messi and Neymer both have 4 goals each. Who will come out on top?
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 7,506
    I hope they'll battle it out in the final :D
    I think people need to realise that Argentina really aren't good enough to go too deep in this tournament. Messi doesn't defend as well, as this game is showing. I hope this one man team gets exposed in the knockout rounds.
    They haven't looked like world beaters yet. Yet...

What you are forgetting though is that the World Cup is a long tournament. The teams that peak to early won't win. In 2010 Spain began their tournament with a 0-1-loss against Switzerland. Some weeks later they effortlessly brushed away the Germany team that had impressed everyone in the group stage. You have to hit your stride when it really matters, Argentina and Brasil are steadily improving, and might do just that. It would be silly to write them off at this point at least...
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 479
    jobo wrote:
    They haven't looked like world beaters yet. Yet...

What you are forgetting though is that the World Cup is a long tournament. The teams that peak to early won't win. In 2010 Spain began their tournament with a 0-1-loss against Switzerland. Some weeks later they effortlessly brushed away the Germany team that had impressed everyone in the group stage. You have to hit your stride when it really matters, Argentina and Brasil are steadily improving, and might do just that. It would be silly to write them off at this point at least...

That's the problem though, Argentina aren't hitting their stride. They are still struggling in one of the easiest groups in the tournament. Yes, 9 points is good, but they only really deserve 3 points really, lucky against BiH, lucky against Iran and lucky against Nigeria, eventually their luck will run out. Messi is bound to have one bad game, and he can't carry this team for ever, so eventually they will collapse.

Sammm04 wrote:
    I think people need to realise that Argentina really aren't good enough to go too deep in this tournament. Messi doesn't defend as well, as this game is showing. I hope this one man team gets exposed in the knockout rounds.

I seem to remember a very average Argentina side going all the way to World Cup glory in 1986 thanks to a certain Diego Maradona. If Messi is on top form, he can do likewise with this team.
    Sammm04 wrote:

I seem to remember a very average Argentina side going all the way to World Cup glory in 1986 thanks to a certain Diego Maradona. If Messi is on top form, he can do likewise with this team.

Yes, but that team actually performed well and won comfortably, whereas this Argentine squad has relied solely on luck in order to win.
    Sammm04 wrote:
    Yes, 9 points is good, but they only really deserve 3 points really, lucky against BiH, lucky against Iran and lucky against Nigeria, eventually their luck will run out.

My nose is a good friend of mine, and it tells me something smells: A certain element of bias in your comment. ;)

We both agree that Argentina haven't been convincing so far, but lucky to qualify? Lucky today? Come on...

Nigeria are lucky they have escaped with less than three goals against today. Want an example of a lucky team so far this World Cup? Look at The Netherlands...
    jobo wrote:
    Sammm04 wrote:
    Yes, 9 points is good, but they only really deserve 3 points really, lucky against BiH, lucky against Iran and lucky against Nigeria, eventually their luck will run out.

My nose is a good friend of mine, and it tells me something smells: A certain element of bias in your comment. ;)

We both agree that Argentina haven't been convincing so far, but lucky to qualify? Lucky today? Come on...

Nigeria are lucky they have escaped with less than three goals against today. Want an example of a lucky team so far this World Cup? Look at The Netherlands...

A goal difference of 7 being lucky? okay, I respect your opinion. Firstly, lucky own goal against BiH gives them 3 points. Lucky last minute strike against Iran, when Iran themselves should have had a penalty or two. And lucky today that Nigeria haven't scored more than they have. Eventually, lady luck stops giving and leaves you on your own to see how you cope without her. I'm intrigued to see how Argentina copes without their 12th man (or lady).

Sammm04 wrote:
    jobo wrote:
    Sammm04 wrote:

A goal difference of 7 being lucky? okay, I respect your opinion. Firstly, lucky own goal against BiH gives them 3 points. Lucky last minute strike against Iran, when Iran themselves should have had a penalty or two. And lucky today that Nigeria haven't scored more than they have. Eventually, lady luck stops giving and leaves you on your own to see how you cope without her. I'm intrigued to see how Argentina copes without their 12th man (or lady).

Holland weren't lucky to qualify, maybe not even lucky to qualify as group winners... maybe... But their certainly is some luck behind their flattering goal difference. I'm intrigued to see how they will cope against teams that actually manage to defend properly...

Argentina were a little lucky to beat Iran, I'll give you that, but they most definitely deserved at least a point. And they have had their chanses so far in the group stage too, especially today, but that's a fact you conveniently skip in your 'analysis'.
    jobo wrote:
    Sammm04 wrote:
    jobo wrote:
    Sammm04 wrote:

Holland weren't lucky to qualify, maybe not even lucky to qualify as group winners... maybe... But their certainly is some luck behind their flattering goal difference. I'm intrigued to see how they will cope against teams that actually manage to defend properly...

And Argentina have had their chanses so far in the group stage too, especially today, but that's a fact you conveniently skip in your 'analysis'.

Yeah actually, you're right, Holland have had some luck in their goal difference. Bad Luck IT SHOULD BE BIGGER. Definitely should have beaten Spain at least 8-1. Australia, could have scored another 2 or 3. Chile, well that is the only one I won't improve on, that was the correct amount of goals. Look, let us just agree to disagree, I am a huge proponent of Dutch football, you are not a huge fan. Fair enough, I respect that. You are a fan of Argentine football, I am not. Let us leave it at that.
    Ok. We'll leave it at that... You don't seem to be in a rational mood today...

I do hope for your sake Holland will do very well this year, as it obviously means a lot to you. I'm admittedly not so sure... but you never know with football ;)

I used to support Holland too. However I started to realize Spain and Argentine are the real 'Dutch' teams in modern football. Holland haven't really been playing 'Dutch' football in a while...
    jobo wrote:
    Ok. We'll leave it at that... You don't seem to be in a rational mood today...

I do hope for your sake Holland will do well this year, as it obviously means a lot to you. I'm admitedly not so sure... but you never know with football ;)

I used to support Holland too. However I started to realize Spain and Argentine are the real 'Dutch' teams in modern football. Holland haven't really been playing 'Dutch' football in a while...

And for your sake I hope Argentina do well, if they meet in the semi finals (which is looking very likely) we may spar again.
    This is from the conferations cup a year ago, it appears Suerez attempted to bite Chiellini during the third place play off game.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2014/luis-suarez-bite-uruguayan-striker-3760745
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    jobo wrote:
    @ggl007

Just out of curiosity, which one of the big two in Spain do you support? Suarez is linked with both of them this summer, you know... :)
    iniesta-neymar-y-messi.jpg
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Do you really think we want Suárez??
    [-X
    Yoou have brilliant tastes sir! :-bd I am a Cule myself, and I don't wan't Suarez either! ;)
    I am highly amused by the Dutch being called lucky, they worked very hard and did play a very tactical game which was devised to withstand the opponents.
    Spain went down like a crying little baby, a fact that surprised me immensely as I expected them after the 1-1 to pick up the pace. But this championship showed that Spain did not renew in time and expected to go their way which turned out to be a dream.

Australia played power football and in the end got overpowered by a similar game with the exception that the Dutch have a few players more that are individual exceptional. Once again a tactical play combined with some very powerful plays on both sides. the Aussies could have won but did not and buckled in the end.

Against Chili once again concrete football by the Dutch, who struck as planned at the end when Chili was dead tired.

Great football to watch, heck NO. Effective football with flashes of brilliance, heck YES. Does Orange have a smart coach, YES. Will it be enough against Mexico, I doubt it but they probable will beat them if I distrust and dislike their game.

The Dutch have reinvented themselves in order to face perhaps quality wise better teams and the opposition knows that them being better might not be enough.

Argentina has not looked convincing to me so far, their one trump card is Messi so far. Spain, England & Italy all did not convince at all so are rightly send home. Spain being the greatest deception of the whole tournament so far, with a pretty poor playing Brasil pretty close in 2nd position.

But still it is a great tournament so far with far more fun than the last edition. Nine goals from the 18.00 two games is flipping brilliant.
    Van Gal has showed his tactical ability, expect Holland to go far in competition. And more than happy he is the next United manager after the season of mediocrity we have just had.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 1,661
    If they ever remake The Spy Who Loved Me or Moonraker we know the ideal candidate to play Jaws...

Luis ' the biteman' Suarez:

750-luis-suarez-wants-england-move.jpg
This discussion has been closed.