It's Carnival Time! - The WORLD CUP FINALS 2014.

Comments

Well, complete utter garbage would be losing 1-0, wouldn't it?
    Just trying to find one single thing positive about England at this moment.

It is just as bad. Your second sentence sadly sums our whole tournament up!
    Bq6jtm2IAAAKBi5.png
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thanks for making me laugh this morning, Willy. I was just crying due to info I now learned about 24 Live Another Day. Back to spaghetti humor and biting footballers! :D
    I could go on a swear-filled tangent but I won't. I was rooting for Italy, and although they weren't 100% this tournament, they didn't deserve to get knocked out so early. From what I saw of the game today, they were dominating and had it under control, even with 10 men.
    Uruguay was completely undeserving of the win, and I hope they get massacred by Columbia. :-w
    I love all things Italian, so I usually root for Italy no matter what.
    Uruguay probably will get slaughtered (and then "hip danced" while lip synching to Shakira) by Colombia.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Glad i was at work! Utter garbage yet again from England! :-q

Yet again? Keep politics and Cameron out of this thread, please.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 12,459
    And my beloved Japan is going under with Colombia stomping on them. As expected, sad to say. But Okazaki did score ... and it is not over yet (nearly though). I very much like some of the Japanese players. Fini now. Sigh ...

Greece beat the Ivory Coast, too. Yay to that, I guess.
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    I do not have a working tv to watch the Japanese programs. :) There is definitely live coverage of the World Cup here, but I do not even have a sports pub in my town. I am sufficing - because I have to - with replays on the internet and reading live text.

May I recommend you to download the ZDF Mediathek and ARD FIFA WM App (if possible in Nippon) on your computer, tablet, whatever. These are German TV stations and they are having a lot of live coverage of the WC.

I appreciate that info; thanks!

• edited June 2014 Posts: 7,506
    I was rooting for Italy too (as I always do), but they were basically victims of their own mentality and approach this year. They have been playing to deep and reactive all the way. They have used too many defensive players and been static, although the squad they have at their disposal would favour a more proactive, fluid approach. Today for instance, although they were the dominant team throughout, it seemed obvious they were very satisfied with the result and happy to contain both before and after the send off. Some circumstances didn't turn in their favour like the overly harsh send off decision, but in the end I must say I saw it coming. If you are happy with containing a result and holding back in intensity for too long, you often get penalised for it. I'm a little dissapointed they didn't play more proactive throughout the group stage, as those players are a real joy to watch when going forward.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Greece - Ivory Coast 2nd half; one of the World Cup highlights so far. I feel very bad for the Ivorians though, that last minute penalty... :(
    Yes a last minute penalty is a killer. Awful way to lose a game.
    Benny wrote:
    Suarez should be banned from all football for life.
    This is the third time he's bitten a player. Utterly ridiculous that a player would do this.
    Suarez.jpg

"I ate his shoulder, with some fava beans and a nice chianti".
    Italy lost today because they fancied a draw which would put them through and until Uruguay scored NO attempts were made by them, and in the last 10 minutes they showed the skills, too late. And that Italian red card was deserved. Had they kept on Ballotelli they would have had him send off as well. Italy deserved what they got.

Costa Rica great England poor.

Colombia brilliant and fun, Japan NO match at all.

Ivory coast a collective of talented individuals that were no team and all went for their own glory. They got rightfully Zorba-ed even if the Greek are not a great side, but they will give somebody an easy afternoon.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    This whole Suarez thing bites.
    Kerim wrote:

:D
    The Greeks have done a great job to get into the last 16.
    They fought unlike some other countries. \m/
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Kerim wrote:

:D

It's certainly a story you can sink your teeth into.

I probably should stop now.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Apparently, it's all the British media's fault because they have an "agenda" against Suarez, according to reports coming out of Uruguay. Oh dear. They've totally lost the plot... X_X

On a lighter note, a Norwegian punter won £1600 after putting on a bet at 175/1 that Suarez would bite someone at the World Cup. =D>

Apparently, it's all the British media's fault because they have an "agenda" against Suarez, according to reports coming out of Uruguay. Oh dear. They've totally lost the plot... X_X

On a lighter note, a Norwegian punter won £1600 after putting on a bet at 175/1 that Suarez would bite someone at the World Cup. =D>

:)) :))

Luis Suarez for a Bond villain role, anyone? :D

That Norwegian punter has become an anonymous celebrity over night here. I bet his real name is @Thunderfinger...
    Looking for a present for your child this Christmas? Look no further...

safe_image.php?d=AQCMKUsEkCFsp5Az&w=470&h=246&url=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xpf1%2Ft1.0-9%2Fs720x720%2F10429356_10152160126341006_495449760992032800_n.png&cfs=1&upscale&sx=0&sy=5&sw=720&sh=377

;-)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

:)) :)) :))

Great video and great Norwegian!!
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 7,506
    @ggl007

Just out of curiosity, which one of the big two in Spain do you support? Suarez is linked with both of them this summer, you know... :)
    jobo wrote:
    @ggl007

Just out of curiosity, which one of the big two in Spain do you support? Suarez is linked with both of them this summer, you know... :)

And neither will want to buy him now. :D
    Three England fans on their way to the world cup find a magic lamp on the road, the first one picks it up and a genie comes out!

"England fans?!" says the genie, puzzled at how they made it to the world cup.. "Well I guess you get one wish each like everyone else. What do you choose?"

The first England fan blurts out, "Rooney! I was Wayne Rooney to break his World Cup curse and finally score!"

"Done" says the genie.

The second England fan thinks for a second and says, "our captain, Stevie G, he usually under performs, I want to see him play for England like he did for Liverpool this season."

"Done" says the genie.

The third fan says, " Guys you aren’t thinking big enough! We have got a real chance here - I want England to play like Spain!!!"

"Done" says the genie, and vanishes. :D
    :)) :)) :))

Haha, genius! :D
    Q. What do the England team call the World Cup?

A. A weeks holiday.

(If you can't beat 'em, join 'em). :-)
    I'm really enjoying the World Cup, except for the flopping, diving and of course, biting. At last we have a sporting event in which the U.S. shows up with all our bluster and bravado and the better teams say: 'Oh, look who's here. Go sit over there at the folding table and chairs with the other kids. It's time for the adults to take care of business.' Our national interest level is 4 weeks every 4 years.

I have alot of respect for the players who run 7-8 miles in 90 degree weather and humidity. I'd be on the sidelines gassed after 5 minutes.

One of the comments about England's team is that the English leagues are so brutal and taxing that the players are beaten up and drained before they get to the World Cup. Do you think that is true?
    FLeiter wrote:
    I'm really enjoying the World Cup, except for the flopping, diving and of course, biting. At last we have a sporting event in which the U.S. shows up with all our bluster and bravado and the better teams say: 'Oh, look who's here. Go sit over there at the folding table and chairs with the other kids. It's time for the adults to take care of business.' Our national interest level is 4 weeks every 4 years.

I have alot of respect for the players who run 7-8 miles in 90 degree weather and humidity. I'd be on the sidelines gassed after 5 minutes.

One of the comments about England's team is that the English leagues are so brutal and taxing that the players are beaten up and drained before they get to the World Cup. Do you think that is true?

No, we're just crap.
  • RC7RC7
    The weight of expectation does not correlate with our general ability. It's a national obsession here and the players are primed to bottle it. We're like Arsenal were for the last decade. Perennial bottlers, who with each passing year/tournament crumble under the psychological pressure.
    Italian press are reporting that Mario Balotelli missed Pirlo's farewell speech to the rest of the squad because he chose to sit on the bus by himself.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if true.
This discussion has been closed.