The Battle Of The Bonds Elimination Game. Post game discussion.

Comments

• edited July 2014 Posts: 2,189
    Creasy47 wrote:
    At this point, if you vote for Rog, you're the worst type of troll there is!!!

We're trolls for not voting for your favorite Bond? Well that's a bit extreme and illogical.

What's extreme and and illogical is voting for someone who has absolutely no chance at all of winning, which is what the Moore voters are doing. So My advice to you trolls is to lock yourselves in a cave for the next 7 days, watching nothing but Rog Bond movies, and staying the hell out of this game which he is clearly going to lose, no matter how dedicated you idiots may be!!!!!!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Well, more for keeping something alive that should be allowed to end today. Hopefully, it will soon, otherwise this thread will become nothing more than spam.

At least, I think that is what @sirseanisbond means.

EDIT: I see it is but said in a much more, um, unique way.
    At this point, if you vote for Rog, you're the worst type of troll there is!!!

...and there's a LOT of trolls on this website...

Only a troll would say that.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Well, more for keeping something alive that should be allowed to end today. Hopefully, it will soon, otherwise this thread will become nothing more than spam.

Quite so! I admit, I'm frustrated and emotional over the fact that Moore has not yet lost, but even the most simple minded of person could see that any resistance in this case is utterly futile!

At the end of the day, Sean is going to win, and there is nothing any of you can do to stop it!!!!!!
  • Samuel001 wrote:

Quite so! I admit, I'm frustrated and emotional over the fact that Moore has not yet lost, but even the most simple minded of person could see that any resistance in this case is utterly futile!

At the end of the day, Sean is going to win, and there is nothing any of you can do to stop it!!!!!!

Well hello there Sir Buzz Killington...
    If I wanna vote for Roger, I´ll vote for Roger! End of story!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't even see how it can be regarded as spam. It's okay for some people to vote for their favorites down to the last vote (when they know they're out the door), but when others vote for someone that ISN'T your favorite, they're branded "trolls" and "idiots" for doing so? It's a game, I just cannot comprehend why some members here still fail to see that. When it resorts to childish name-calling and screaming because you're not getting your way when you want it, then again, your priorities in life are seriously misaligned. Relax. It's a game.

Hypothetically, if roles were reversed, @sirseanisbond, would you start voting for Roger to end the game? Because I highly doubt you would. If Sean was down to two or three points, I bet you would still vote for him, so don't be a hypocrite. I tire of fighting and getting called out over something that should be fun. Like you said, Sean is going to win, and those of us voting Moore also love Sean, it's not like we're running some anti-Connery campaign.
    Samuel001 wrote:

I'm sorry you have such a disagreeable opinion, and having said that, I can sympathize. Goldfinger doing so badly in the "Great Bond Villain Elimination Game" was hard for me to take, and I became very disillusioned with these elimination games, but what you have to realize is that you have to move on, and allow the voice of the populace to ring through, and in this case, that is that Sean is far better than Rog!!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited July 2014 Posts: 16,331
    @sirseanisbond. You need to calm down. Your attitude is outright rude. Accusing some us for being trolls for voting for Moore is ridiculous. You'll find any excuse to complain on these threads. Clearly you weren't meant to play these games. So if you can't handle them, stop playing them, otherwise I'm going to have to flag you for your spammy comments.

Current scores.

Sean Connery: 62
    Roger Moore: 6

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't even see how it can be regarded as spam. It's okay for some people to vote for their favorites down to the last vote (when they know they're out the door), but when others vote for someone that ISN'T your favorite, they're branded "trolls" and "idiots" for doing so? It's a game, I just cannot comprehend why some members here still fail to see that. When it resorts to childish name-calling and screaming because you're not getting your way when you want it, then again, your priorities in life are seriously misaligned. Relax. It's a game.

Hypothetically, if roles were reversed, @sirseanisbond, would you start voting for Roger to end the game? Because I highly doubt you would. If Sean was down to two or three points, I bet you would still vote for him, so don't be a hypocrite. I tire of fighting and getting called out over something that should be fun. Like you said, Sean is going to win, and those of us voting Moore also love Sean, it's not like we're running some anti-Connery campaign.

This is where your assumptions about me are wrong @Creasy47. It's true, I did just as you suggested when the tables were turned for Goldfinger in the "Great Bond Villain Elimination Game", but since then I've been a very cynical voter on these boards, knowing full well that often times the best man or woman does not win because there are a lot of silly people out there, BUT that at the end of the day, you have to recognize the writing on the wall and move on when there is nothing to be gained but the mere frustration of the majority of other members in this community...
  • Samuel001 wrote:

I'm sorry you have such a disagreeable opinion, and having said that, I can sympathize. Goldfinger doing so badly in the "Great Bond Villain Elimination Game" was hard for me to take, and I became very disillusioned with these elimination games, but what you have to realize is that you have to move on, and allow the voice of the populace to ring through, and in this case, that is that Sean is far better than Rog!!!

But that´s not my opinion so pardon me, I won´t give up.
    Current scores.

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,474
    Samuel001 wrote:

HA! You accepted nothing in that game. You called out those downvoting Goldfinger as non-Bond fans, and shouted pompous cheating claims. You knew he was rapping at the door and his time to be eliminated had come, yet you didn't give up.

Besides, are people really becoming frustrated? Look at the title of the thread, it's a "battle." I've given up and voted the inevitable winner before, and I don't like defending someone just to give up to speed it along. I really don't see the rush here. Just look at the rate of decay of Moore's votes, he'll be out in a day or so. I love Moore, I love Connery, but I knew Connery would sweep, so I decided to vote Moore instead. That's what I've been doing for some time now, and I won't be stopping because a few people are upset about it. Nowhere in the rules does it state you must vote the higher-rated entry when it's down to two to speed the game up. If the mods have a problem with this (which I don't see why they would), then and only then will I stop what I'm doing by exiting the game.
    Murdock wrote:
    @sirseanisbond. You need to calm down. Your attitude is outright rude. Accusing some us for being trolls for voting for Moore is ridiculous. You'll find any excuse to complain on these threads. Clearly you weren't meant to play these games. So if you can't handle them, stop playing them, otherwise I'm going to have to flag you for your spammy comments.

Current scores.

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby

Said the one who couldn't help but let his bias get in the way of his own game when it came to reducing the scores. You of all people @Murdock have no right to reprimand me on this thread! You corrupted you own game, and had it not been so Sean would already have won.

I do apologize for my rude bluntness, but this voting is getting out of hand. Rog is going to lose, and with every stay of execution he receives I get Moore and Moore frustrated!!! I'm sorry, it's just that I have my own "Elimination Game" I want to get started, and I'm getting very anxious...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Look, Moore will ultimately lose this game and Connery will win. Let's all calm down, take a stress pill and stop the insults and spam, please.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Look, Moore will ultimately lose this game and Connery will win. Let's all calm down, take a stress pill and stop the insults and spam, please.

Exactly, it'll happen in due time. But, I don't frequent this forum so I can be called a troll or an idiot. I've been here way too long to be called either of those.
    Temper tantrums aside... Come on voters It's anyone's game now. ;)

Current scores.

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    Creasy47 wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

Exactly, it'll happen in due time. But, I don't frequent this forum so I can be called a troll or an idiot. I've been here way too long to be called either of those.

Look, I'm sorry, it's just that I have been here equally as long, and for the whole time, I've been waiting for my own "Elimination Game" to get under way after this game. It also happens that Sean is my favorite Bond and I cannot stand the people who's heart really aren't behind Rog like @Creasy47 who are just voting for him to be contrarians to the Sean Loving Majority!!!

Again, sorry, but this game has gone on WAY TOO LONG. Having stated my strong opinions, I'll shut up now, and just wait the long, long long wait until SEAN finally and Deservedly wins this game...

Look, I'm sorry, it's just that I have been here equally as long, and for the whole time, I've been waiting for my own "Elimination Game" to get under way after this game.

Well that should be a right barrel of laughs!
    It also happens that Sean is my favorite Bond and I cannot stand the people who's heart really aren't behind Rog like @Creasy47 who are just voting for him to be contrarians to the Sean Loving Majority!!!

And yet your insults of other long term and respected members continue.
    Again, sorry, but this game has gone on WAY TOO LONG. Having stated my strong opinions, I'll shut up now, and just wait the long, long long wait until SEAN finally and Deservedly wins this game...

Please do.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 23,551
    Look guys, if by this time tomorrow we haven't cleared this one out with Sean the obvious winner and Moore a deserved second, we close the game anyway. It's pointless to keep rebooting this thing like a dead PC.
    I'm with @DarthDimi, There's no shame in finishing second. In fact, all the Bonds are winners in my book.

Sean Connery: 63 +1
    Roger Moore: 5 -1

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    Murdock wrote:
    I'm with @DarthDimi, There's no shame in finishing second. In fact, all the Bonds are winners in my book.

Sean Connery: 63 +1
    Roger Moore: 5 -1

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby

I must say, knowing your opinions here @Murdock, much respect for that vote. Much respect...
    I must say, knowing your opinions here @Murdock, much respect for that vote. Much respect...

I was commanded by the tabernacle. ;)
    Murdock wrote:

I was commanded by the tabernacle. ;)

Still though, I respect you decition to chose the lighter path ;)
    Allow me:

Sean Connery: 64 +1
    Roger Moore: 4 -1

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Connery: plus one 65

Moore: minus one 3

(I spilt some beer on my keyboard last week and now some keys, including the plus/minus key, don't work).
    No problem @thelivingroyale, I streamlined it for you. :)

Current scores.

Sean Connery: 65
    Roger Moore: 3

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Connery: plus one 65

Moore: minus one 3

(I spilt some beer on my keyboard last week and now some keys, including the plus/minus key, don't work).

=)) some long awaited humour at last!
    Current scores.

Sean Connery: 65
    Roger Moore: 3

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    Wow! Sir Rog is STILL hanging on! :O GO ROGER GO!!!!!!!! :))
    Just realised that there's another plus key and minus key on the edge of the keyboard anyway +-+-+-+- so that was a bit pointless, sorry guys :P