The Battle Of The Bonds Elimination Game. Post game discussion.

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I have removed several unrequired comments from @Sammm04 and @sirseanisbond
    There is no need for such posts in this Bond elimination game, and they will only serve as fuel for an argument.
    Give it a bloody rest!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, I come home expecting the game to be over, but it's just more childish fighting.

This game has been taken way too seriously by a select few, who all know who they are. Why get all worked up over simple voting and spark name calling? Calling those that vote for Moore a troll or idiot will not fly while I'm around. I feel like M giving Bond a talking to in QoS about leaving his personal emotions out of things, but in this case the elimination game is acting as the oiled up Fields on the bed. These things should be fun, but a few bad eggs are beginning to ruin the whole batch for everyone. So, calm down kiddies! And thanks must go to the Rogerites for keeping your Bond kicking this long.

@sirseanisbond, name-calling is not a great way to present yourself in these threads. Calling those that vote against Connery trolls is childish, and adds unneeded contention where it doesn't belong in the first place. I know it may seem frustrating to you that Sean's victory is constantly so close and then a second later so far through all the point deductions and changes in numbers this game has experienced, but you are being a class-A hypocrite. When the Bond film elimination game was going on the majority of this community had Goldfinger down to 3 points and read to be axed, yet it was you who was bashing us for daring to down-vote it, and you who refused to let it die honorably, up-voting it every chance you got and fighting fate. Now you've come to this thread and have yelled at Moore fans for doing the same thing, keeping their favorite Bond alive though his end is inevitable. Just thought I'd point that out; pots and kettles and all that.

P.S.: All this bashing of the Rogerites and ravings about how Connery is the only choice in the game is shameful. Our Connery Brotherhood is founded upon passionate reverence for the king and his time as Bond, but resorting to name-calling and having a general disrespectful attitude to your fellow members and Bond devotees is a disgrace to the name. This all has me very reluctant to play your game when its time comes around, if I have this kind of behavior to look forward to if Sean so much as gets down-voted on any occasion. I love him too, but your adoration has been getting to your head during this very simple game.

I think that's all I need to say.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Thank you @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. You've said it way better than I have tried too in the past. Thanks for understanding the situation. :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Wednesday vote:

Sean Connery: 66 +1
    Roger Moore: 2 -1

No point in holding off the inevitable. Whilst Sir Rog is my preferred vote, like many I appreciate all the Bonds. But Sir Rog was the Bond that started my journey into Bond, and will always be special to me.

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby

well with that the game has come to an end Moore will lose and Connery will Win shame ... but that is how these games goes which is why the video game one I created should be played next as uhm I want to see which of the three titans (Goldeneye Everything or Nothing or Bloodstone) will win.
    Don't forget Nightfire =)
    Sean Connery: 65
    Roger Moore: 3

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote:
    Sean Connery: 65
    Roger Moore: 3

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby

It's actually 66-2.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 16,331
    Whoops my bad. :p

Correct scores.

Sean Connery: 66
    Roger Moore: 2

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 2,189
    This all has me very reluctant to play your game when its time comes around, if I have this kind of behavior to look forward to if Sean so much as gets down-voted on any occasion. I love him too, but your adoration has been getting to your head during this very simple game.

I do admit, I've been wearing my emotions on my sleeve in these games, but thats exactly why I want to try a new, different sort of "Elimination Game'". Mine is not based on strongly held beliefs, and is more like a fun poll question which I think everyone will enjoy because of the refreshing air it will bring to the thread. And as for my behavior as moderator, while I may be opinionated, I would never let my personal beliefs affect the outcome of a public game unfairly, I can promise you that. I believe in fairness above all else...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Soon midnight here. Stay tuned.

Here are the scores when the clock strikes midnight. ;)

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Murdock wrote:

Here are the scores when the clock strikes midnight. ;)

Eliminated :

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby

Thanks, Moore Doc.

Sean Connery:65 -1
    Roger Moore:3 +1

Sorry, cannot help myself. sirrogerisbond and in Mod we trust.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited July 2014 Posts: 5,080
    Hmmm, it's 11.28 over here, shall I remain awake for another 32 minutes? ;)
    As a member of the past midnight community, I'll vote. And although I'm actually tempted now to vote for sir Rog for the first time, I'll do the "decent" thing...

Sean Connery: 66 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 2 (-1)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Sean Connery: 67 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 1 (-1)

Someone, please finish this.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Sean Connery: 66 (-1)
    Roger Moore: 2 (+1) so sue me
    Sean Connery: 65 (-1)
    Roger Moore: 3 (+1) so sue me too
    :-))
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Tuesday
    Sean Connery: 64 (-1)
    Roger Moore: 4 (+1)

When Sir Rog is eliminated no one can say that I had anything to do with it.
  • Sean Connery: 65 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 3 (-1)

Sorry, @Samuel, just a few minutes late.
  • Sean Connery: 64 (-1)
    Roger Moore: 4 (+1)

Sorry, but I´ll always be there for Sir Rog...
    Samuel001 wrote:

You in a hurry?
    We were SO close to finishing this haha; hopefully it will be over tomorrow.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Sean Connery: 63 (-1)
    Roger Moore: 5 (+1)
    Sean Connery: 62 (-1)
    Roger Moore: 6 (+1)

I'll always throw some support around for my second favorite 007!
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Look guys, if by this time tomorrow we haven't cleared this one out with Sean the obvious winner and Moore a deserved second, we close the game anyway. It's pointless to keep rebooting this thing like a dead PC.
    I hope that the Moore voters saw this...
    Wednesday.

Sean Connery: 63 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 5 (-1)
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 414
    Just past midnight. I'll vote now. I really want to see Sir Sean win definitively, and not just on a technicality when the timer runs out.

Wednesday

Sean Connery: 64 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 4 (-1)

3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    I will never vote against Roger Moore because he is brilliant and a great humanitarian too unlike an certain grumpy Scottish fellow.

So do your voting and let us defenders of Moore do our thing. And as for your frustrations, that is your thing not mine. :D
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:

You in a hurry?

The clock is ticking. It would be shameful for a moderator to have to call time on this.

@MayDayDiVicenzo had the power, didn't use it and now all that may follow will occur because of that. All over - a game.
    Birdleson wrote:
    I don't understand any of this with any of these games. I don't get the anger, the cheating, the personal vestment in the results. I play, I vote my favorite remaining on the list up 1, my least favorite down 1. It doesn't matter who's about to go out or who's up 100 pts. Isn't that the idea? Why the strategic voting? Why the voting someone out just because they're close anyway?
    "Pointless"? These games are pointless, like everything else in life, unless you attach importance to it.

For a lot of people, it's because this game, unlike any of the others, has almost always been in a state of constant stalemate with nothing happening and as a result - it going nowhere. Pages upon pages of the same score. It's happening again at the moment. Now, with the scores as they are, the obvious outcome will be declared for us.

The members of this forum have been given a chance to save any further animosity from occurring by ending the game themselves. If they choose to, it will clear the air and give an all round nicer feeling and friendlier atmosphere to this place again. For some people, a simple gesture can mean so much.

Also, some members just want to move on and play something else! That is of course, if another game is opened after this one. Just be thankful it is not up to me, as you wouldn't be getting any, ever. They cause too much grief.