The Battle Of The Bonds Elimination Game. Post game discussion.

1464748495052»

Comments

About time. Can't argue with Connery at #1 IMO; more agreeable overall than Moore.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Well, Moore put up one of the strongest fights we've seen in these games so far, on par with OHMSSs comeback in the film game. He will always be my Bond. I salute you, sir!
    Well, that was an amusing little almost elimination game.
    Like going to Paris but not stepping out of Charles-de-Gaulle airport,
    Like ordering a pizza but not getting it out of the box.

Well, you get the picture.

I've seen many upsets in my life, many turn-around.
    Cassius Clay beating Sonny Liston,
    The American Olympic Hockey team upsetting the highly favorite Russian in the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics,
    The Boston Braves, last in the National League in July, swept the Philadelphia A's in the 1914 World Series...

So, my point is:

Sean Connery ALMOST won the elimination game.
    Roger ALMOST lost.
    In my mind this is a no-contest, a no decision.

Let the elimination games go all the way to their legitimate conclusion.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Germany could have won WW2 if the US had not intervened. But they lost.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Quantum physics should make all of us happy. In one universe, Connery won. In another, Moore. In still another, Brosnan. And in yet another, I won, with Michael Fassbender a close second. ;-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Quantum physics should make all of us happy. In one universe, Connery won. In another, Moore. In still another, Brosnan. And in yet another, I won, with Michael Fassbender a close second. ;-)

Where's the doorway to that universe?! ;-)

Once again, as I mentioned in my deleted comment, it was the Soviets, not the Americans, who saved the world from the Nazis. You helped, but so did many other countries.
    Sammm04 wrote:

Once again, as I mentioned in my deleted comment, it was the Soviets, not the Americans, who saved the world from the Nazis. You helped, but so did many other countries.

On behalf of Quisling, thanks.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Roger ALMOST lost.

I don't see a problem with ending the game the way it was. Had it not ended the way it did, then the run around of Connery voters taking points away from Moore, only for the Moore Whoores to vote him up by six points, only for almost all his points to be subtracted, and then re-added the next day would never have ended. This went on long enough with the obvious conclusion delayed and delayed. You can jump for the balloon every day, but if you keep jumping for six years and still don't make it, the weight of all that wasted time will knock you down.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Roger ALMOST lost.

I don't see a problem with ending the game the way it was. Had it not ended the way it did, then the run around of Connery voters taking points away from Moore, only for the Moore Whoores to vote him up by six points, only for almost all his points to be subtracted, and then re-added the next day would never have ended. This went on long enough with the obvious conclusion delayed and delayed. You can jump for the balloon every day, but if you keep jumping for six years and still don't make it, the weight of all that wasted time will knock you down.

We like to be called Saints thank you. ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've been callin ya Moore Whoore's for years now. On a related note, had I had the money, I would have bought a The Saint DVD yesterday. Can't even remember the title, but it looked pretty good.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 23,551
    Creasy47 wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

Where's the doorway to that universe?! ;-)

Unfortunately, quantum physics also excludes the possibility of us ever visiting those other worlds. But the you in one of those is probably more pleased with the results than the you in this world. ;-)

The American Olympic Hockey team upsetting the highly favorite Russian in the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics,
    The Boston Braves, last in the National League in July, swept the Philadelphia A's in the 1914 World Series...

So, my point is:

Roger ALMOST lost.

Now now, @JohnBarryFan, you must admit that it wasn't going to end any time soon. People were prolonging this game for no reason. When Connery's scores were in the many dozens and Moore's hardly 4 or 5, what's the point? To use your phrasing: it was ALMOST going to end, but it never actually did. It was like promising your boss to ALMOST finish your work for the day, but never actually doing it.

We didn't end the game on Connery 3, Moore 2 either. The results were clear enough. ;-)
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Thanks for intervening @Darthdimi, this game has finally ended, the preferences are crystal clear and everyone can proudly walk away. Sean won it, Roger did not lose (he beat all the others, if that counts for anything).

What is left? We have killed a few minutes over several weeks and we have had some childish fun, in positive and far too many negative ways. I play these games for fun, but some here seem to be getting involved way over their heads and start abusing others. This turns everyone else off. Maybe we should wait a while before there is another elimination game.
    I'm inclined to agree, @zebrafish, but I think that both our games and our gamers deserve another chance. ;-) I'm sure the favourite Bond actor game was by far the most intense it'll ever get (besides favourite film). I hope that most of our members don't get worked up so much over other things like title songs, Fleming novels, henchmen or opening titles for example. Either way, I hold all of our regular members in high esteem and I have good faith that we can work together to make the next elimination games sizzling successes. :-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    The final few pages were like this:

corbis_rf_photo_of_dog_chasing_tail.jpg

:)) Nice one DD! Well done Sir Sean! =D>
    So what did we learn?
    Democracy is a problem, not a solution.
    It is a shame that the game ended more or less in a draw, with Sir Sean only winning on a technicality. Still, it makes sense that Sir Roger kept drawing support down to the end. Between the two of them, Connery and Moore make up at least half of the Bond films. It's going to be a long time, if ever, before there's another Bond who is able to hold the same type of legacy as these two titans.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 2,400

So, my point is:

Roger ALMOST lost.

Good GOD! How old are you?
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 11,425
    SlyFox007 wrote:
    It is a shame that the game ended more or less in a draw, with Sir Sean only winning on a technicality. Still, it makes sense that Sir Roger kept drawing support down to the end. Between the two of them, Connery and Moore make up at least half of the Bond films. It's going to be a long time, if ever, before there's another Bond who is able to hold the same type of legacy as these two titans.

More or less a draw? A stalemate perhaps, but not a draw.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Getafix wrote:
    SlyFox007 wrote:

More or less a draw? A stalemate perhaps, but not a draw.

Bond%20vs%20Bond.jpg
    That's more like it.