Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    How would you all feel about a plus-size bond girl? It would definitely welcome more body diversity into the franchise and shake up body diversity in hollywood

I would be open to that, i'd also like to suggest Iskra Lawrence.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    How would you all feel about a plus-size bond girl? It would definitely welcome more body diversity into the franchise and shake up body diversity in hollywood

Major, I was going to mention her, as well, but I was afraid she wouldn't be well known enough!

Iskra Lawrence would be perfect! :D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Major, I was going to mention her, as well, but I was afraid she wouldn't be well known enough!

Great minds think alike.

Great minds think alike.
    Aye aye, Major! :D
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 103

Or Stefania Ferrario.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

For a second there I thought you were suggesting Lawrence as being plus sized.

Or Stefania Ferrario.

I approve of this vehemently.
    Not really sure what we mean by "plus sized". Voluptuous like Sophie Loren would be great.

Iskra Lawrence is gorgeous but I think she falls into the category I talked about before of a relatively unknown model with no acting experience. Christina Hendricks could work with Craig now that he's older.
    CountJohn wrote: »
    A big model like Adriana Lima or Gisele popping up might be fun, though.

Already happened.
    crambrosio.png

That was literally like a two second cameo, though. I was talking about an actual part.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Not really sure what we mean by "plus sized". Voluptuous like Sophie Loren would be great.

Iskra Lawrence is gorgeous but I think she falls into the category I talked about before of a relatively unknown model with no acting experience. Christina Hendricks could work with Craig now that he's older.

Plus-size as in somebody like ashely graham a model who is a size 16 for example also christina hendricks would be excellent!! I wish I knew how to attach a photo through mobile so I can show an example.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    More to love and hold certainly. However I'm generally not in favour of this idea. Voluptuous is ok with me but the Anna Nicole Smiths aren't my cup of tea.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    obese-woman-fatty-boom-boom.jpg

JAAAAMES! JAAAMES! I AM HUNGRY!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    bondjames wrote: »
    More to love and hold certainly. However I'm generally not in favour of this idea. Voluptuous is ok with me but the Anna Nicole Smiths aren't my cup of tea.

Same here. Christina would be a very good idea!

319?cb=20100722180216
    She kind of was a Bond Girl opposite Pierce’s 007. ;)

In a Visa card commercial promoting TND.

That isn't much different to Ursula Andress and Daniella Bianchi, who had less than 10 credits between them before Bond, and none significant. Lawrence would be fine for a secondary Bond Girl.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 464
    You guys should definitely check out morgan louise on instagram she's a plus-size model who lives in new york but she looks like a classic beauty with bond girl potential.
    I like your sense of humour @Goldeneye0094, but I'm afraid I can't endorse this suggestion of Miss Louise, unless perhaps if she spent some time at Shrublands first.
    NfWoE0h.jpg
    I like your sense of humour @Goldeneye0094, but I'm afraid I can't endorse this suggestion of Miss Louise, unless perhaps if she spent some time at Shrublands first.
    NfWoE0h.jpg
    @bondjames I wasn't trying to be funny just because she's a bigger girl doesn't make her any less than a thin girl also what is shrublands?!
    NfWoE0h.jpg
    @bondjames I wasn't trying to be funny just because she's a bigger girl doesn't make her any less than a thin girl also what is shrublands?!
    It's the Health Clinic from TB/NSNA where Bond is put on a strict diet. Sorry, I thought you were kidding because if she still has the same build as in the above photo I honestly can't see her being cast as a Bond girl, at least not in the traditional sense. The closest we've got to someone of her size in a Bond film is Julie T. Wallace as Rosika Miklos.
    I missed the thunderball reference lol but still you never know hollywood is rapidly changing how women are portrayed in film so we could see a big bond girl you can never tell.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I missed the thunderball reference lol but still you never know hollywood is rapidly changing how women are portrayed in film so we could see a big bond girl you can never tell.
    That's for sure. Times are most definitely changing as you say, so indeed anything is possible.
    Morgan Louise isn't plus size. She's straight up fat. Not meaning to be horrible or nasty but she's not Bond girl material at all.
    It is safe to say that there are some people with special taste here.
    You know? Gabrielle Anwar would've been a terrific Bond Girl in the Craig era. Kind of a shame she was never on Eon's radar.
    You know? Gabrielle Anwar would've been a terrific Bond Girl in the Craig era. Kind of a shame she was never on Eon's radar.

I could see her in a late 90's/2000's Bond film.

I could see her in a late 90's/2000's Bond film.
    Me, too.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited January 2018 Posts: 7,973
    Could anyone explain to me when we're talking 'plus size model' and when we're talking 'king size model'? Or should that be Queen size? Anyway, sometimes women are referred to as 'plus size' when all I see is a healthy, beautiful woman with hardly any fat on her. No love handles, nothing. But sometimes it's too much love I'd like to handle, like the lady above. Allthough she's got a lovely face, it's really not my cup of tea.
    Amanda Seyfried
    latest?cb=20150227020805
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Maybe Miss Seafood should have a quiet word with Peirce on the set of Mama Mia 2.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    She certainly could play Swann's little sister in Bond 25.