Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    "Little sister"?? They're only 5 months apart in age.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    But they could still be sisters. Actually it would be a bit weird that Mr White only wanted Bond to protect one daughter. To hell with the other. TBH if they were both my daughter's I know which one I'd let Hinx and his goons carry off.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This sounds like something out of their recent playbook. They haven't done the sister thing yet as far as I'm aware. Brother, mother and father trauma have been dealt with during the P&W era. Perhaps the rumours of a single mother from the other thread may be able to be worked in too.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    bondjames wrote: »
    This sounds like something out of their recent playbook. They haven't done the sister thing yet as far as I'm aware. Brother, mother and father trauma have been dealt with during the P&W era. Perhaps the rumours of a single mother from the other thread may be able to be worked in too.

Maybe that's it. A single mother dies on an adventure and Bond is forced to take care of her child as his own, thus leaving the force for good. The Father is the last piece in the puzzle. That's what James can be.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    So, Paul Haggis' idea of QoS is a preferred story element, now?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    So, Paul Haggis' idea of QoS is a preferred story element, now?
    It's a way to bring it all back full circle for P&W's (hopefully) swansong. Maddy has an estranged sister with child (father unknown). so White was actually a grandpops (unbeknownst to him when he left us). Madeline demands that Bond find her sister with child and save her from the clutches of Bunt and Co. (out for revenge due to Blofeld's capture). Bond finds the girl (played by Seyfried) and realizes home life does suit him after all. They all live happily ever after (yes, all of them).
  • If they were going to cast a lightweight actress like Amanda Seyfried I would they cast one less famous so we're even more distracted by them.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Amanda Seyfried
    latest?cb=20150227020805

Only if she also sings the title track as the Rapping Frog.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Lucky for her she is cute.
    I thought I'd post this here. I haven't had a chance to read it all and have to head off for some errands but it looked interesting during a high level perusal. Food for thought in the interesting times we live in.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-evolution-of-the-bond-girl-or-lack-thereof
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    I'd love to see Emily Beecham be an evil Bond Girl opposite a Connery-like Bond. I'm already a fan of her since watching her in Into The Badlands (which in turn inspired a character in my planned novel series).

b721a69a0def585cb30b29169c0357e2--emily-beecham-female-faces.jpg

heros-la-veuve.jpg

Here's a footage of her from the aforementioned television series:

@bondjames, something to feast your eyes on, old boy. ;)
    I like what I see @ClarkDevlin . The girl's got some moves and I can see potential. She has some decent screen charisma too.
    She certainly does! Talk about having a style as well!

In fact, if that Charlotte King character from Logan's alternate Spectre script is ever brought back, I couldn't think of someone more perfect to take on the role than her.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883

In fact, if that Charlotte King character from Logan's alternate Spectre script is ever brought back, I couldn't think of someone more perfect to take on the role than her.
    I had to look that up. Interesting premise. I can definitely see them pulling the female CIA operative thing soon. The time is right.

Beecham could be a decent Modesty Blaise (I wonder if anyone is going to bring her to the big screen soon).
    bondjames wrote: »

I had to look that up. Interesting premise. I can definitely see them pulling the female CIA operative thing soon. The time is right.

Beecham could be a decent Modesty Blaise (I wonder if anyone is going to bring her to the big screen soon).
    Right on, @bondjames!

Last I heard, there happens to be an attempt at developing a Modesty Blaise feature length picture a couple of years ago. I don't know if the project is still active, but somebody is down to it, I gather. And this picture would seal the deal in my opinion, now that you mentioned it! She does have the look, the style, the hairdo [even], and the mannerism.

Emily-Beecham-Into-the-Badlands-rain.jpg
    Yes, I noticed that in the clip you posted above. It's what came to mind immediately in fact. Modesty needs to get on the big screen soon. They need to do the character justice, especially now with all the female characters lighting up the big screen.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    I'd personally cast either Michael Fassbender or Tom Hiddleston as Willie Garvin, Modesty's sidekick.
    I'd personally cast either Michael Fassbender or Tom Hiddleston as Willie Garvin, Modesty's sidekick.
    I can see either being great in such a role too. Good call.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Emily Beecham? I concur wholehartedly!
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    The picture of her make me wish we'd get a period piece Bond at some point. Was that ever considered?
    The picture of her make me wish we'd get a period piece Bond at some point. Was that ever considered?

For Bond 15, they considered making a prequel to DN.
    That was thought of, again, for Bond 17, later on, as well.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    blackmirror_s4_crocodile_00309_v2.jpg

Andrea Riseborough
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    ^Looks like Draco Malfoy.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    doubleoego wrote: »
    ^Looks like Draco Malfoy.

Ha Ha - just not as good looking!
  • Well, so it's a consensus that Marion Cottilard, Natalie Dormer and Kate Beckinsale needs to appear in a Bond film at some point, right? They are awesome

Other than that, Lily Collins would make an awesome Bond girl
    lily-collins-for-lancome-29027.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg

And Gugu Mbatha Raw
    gugu-mbatha-raw-10.jpg
    Gugu-Mbatha-Raw-Town-Country-USA-March-2015-2.jpg

Melanie Laurent
    b3bdd4b8c2b6d9cc2bd7bb369683e3b6.jpg
    ae6556c742c621af8d44168cad6116aa.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'll go for Lauren German

6054992-lauren-german-wallpapers.jpg

lauren-german-2.jpg

lauren-german.jpg
    Oh yes! :D

I'd watch anything Lauren German is in. :D
    I can hardly stop watching.
    jim-carrey-sliding-door-animated-gif.gif
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    haley atwell