Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

Saw the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel recently. It was meh, but Elizabeth Debicki was really good as a villain, and that + her Man From UNCLE performance and being great as Jordan Baker in The Great Gatsby make it easy to see her as a Bond Girl or henchwoman, or a combination of both, like a modern day Helga Brandt.
    =bg= wrote: »
    BECKINSALE!

+1
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    CountJohn wrote: »
    Saw the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel recently. It was meh, but Elizabeth Debicki was really good as a villain, and that + her Man From UNCLE performance and being great as Jordan Baker in The Great Gatsby make it easy to see her as a Bond Girl or henchwoman, or a combination of both, like a modern day Helga Brandt.
    She was great in The Night Manager too, but she's 6 ft 3. So we'll probably have to wait for a new actor before she is eligible. Lifts and film trickery can only do so much, and even Hiddleston at 6ft 2 was almost dwarfed by her.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Debicki is 6'3?? Definitely save her for the next set of Bond women. She's young too, so there's no issue with time.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Kate Beckinsale SHOULD be a Bond Girl. And to Daniel Craig's Bond nonetheless!

She'd definitely be his Pussy Galore just like Maud Adams was for Roger Moore.
  • Kate Beckinsale SHOULD be a Bond Girl. And to Daniel Craig's Bond nonetheless!

She'd definitely be his Pussy Galore just like Maud Adams was for Roger Moore.

I support this call.
    I mean, this picture alone just screams Bond Girl.

ca060d5522d8.jpg
    bondjames wrote: »
    CountJohn wrote: »
    She was great in The Night Manager too, but she's 6 ft 3. So we'll probably have to wait for a new actor before she is eligible. Lifts and film trickery can only do so much, and even Hiddleston at 6ft 2 was almost dwarfed by her.

Forgot about her in The Night Manager. I think in general she'd be better for breaking in a new, younger Bond rather than with Craig.
    I mean, this picture alone just screams Bond Girl.

ca060d5522d8.jpg
    She is primo Bond girl material. Would have even been better circa 2002, when that photo was taken, but she's still got it. I'd be more than ok with her.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Kingsman's Sophie Cookson.

c727bd95e6d8b7e27e23a5ed4376c332.jpg

Sophie-Cookson-hd-desktop.jpg

ze2ECiu.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Katie McGrath

katie-mcgrath-at-king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-premiere-in-london-05-10-2017_1.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    My wife.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    She's a little older than most of the names thrown around,but:
    BECKINSALE!

Yes! Just for... you know, context, here's Kate from an event back in February of this year:

Kate+Beckinsale+2017+Film+Independent+Spirit+6e0Zi7cKTT_x.jpg
    Kate Beckinsale doesn't have a concern with her age. Unlike Monica, she doesn't really show it. Seen her in the latest Underworld recently and I was drawn to her just as I was back in 2004.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Kate Beckinsale doesn't have a concern with her age. Unlike Monica, she doesn't really show it. Seen her in the latest Underworld recently and I was drawn to her just as I was back in 2004.

That's probably because she never ages!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's probably because she never ages!
    A demigodess? ;)
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I've always liked Rebecca Hall's girl next door quality.
    H4gVaCu.jpg

Lena Headey would make a great villainess:
    XjJQxUX.jpg

Both are outstanding actresses too.
    Good picks @bondjames.
    Definitely! Lena Headey would've made helluva of a Bond villainess.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Unlike Monica Belucci, who's ten years her senior. I'm sorry, but it's unfair to compare the two. They both look absolutely stunning!

Unlike Monica Belucci, who's ten years her senior. I'm sorry, but it's unfair to compare the two. They both look absolutely stunning!
    I didn't mean to insult Monica in the slightest. I love her as much as the next man. Sorry if my post came off rude.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    haha it happens. Just don't touch Monica! >:)
    Certainly, Commander. ;)
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 676
    Lara Pulver - Not sure if they'd cast her, considering she already appeared in Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond, but I think she'd be great as a "bad" girl like Pussy Galore or Xenia Onatopp.

Pulver.jpg

Natalie Dormer - Would be great as a stuck-up, socialite "princess" type of character.

Dormer.jpg
  • Milovy wrote: »
    Natalie Dormer - Would be great as a stuck-up, socialite "princess" type of character.

Dormer.jpg

Principessa Sukie Tempesta?

(Been awhile since I've read those books; not sure if Dormer really would be a good fit for the character)
    I was actually thinking the other day that Dormer could make an excellent MP in the Samantha Bond (as opposed to Lois Maxwell) mold.
    If anybody's bedding Lara Pulver, that'd be me. As Bond or as non-Bond. ;)
    Beckinsdale
    She's a little older than most of the names thrown around,but:
    BECKINSALE!

Yes! Just for... you know, context, here's Kate from an event back in February of this year:

Kate+Beckinsale+2017+Film+Independent+Spirit+6e0Zi7cKTT_x.jpg

I recall a film Kate was in called Whiteout looked amazing in that film.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd love to see Lena Headey in a Bond movie. Great choice!
    @bondjames Natalie Dormer's way too sexy to just play Moneypenny IMO!

@ClarkDevlin Well, best of luck with that. ;)