Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The insanely breath-taking and gorgeous woman I'm an absolute savage for, Gugulethu Sophia Mbatha-Raw

d17a88bf1563e524427301a978e174e6.jpg

tumblr_nj9m043hKq1rmg6cfo1_500.jpg

54493b7a510b363a72479ba7_1114-vf-gugu-spotlight-01.jpg

Gugu+Mbatha+Raw+Touch+Premiere+Arrivals+Q+uJMvaNGZXpWl.jpg
    DC will be 49 in a couple of weeks, we need to be careful with the age thing IMHO,
    can we have nominations for Bond girls over 40? (or do we need another thread)
    Actresses tgat are 40+ are more than welcome, however, this isn't a thread specifically about Bond girls for the Craig era; but Bond girls in general that we'd like to see cast now and for the not too distant future.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Penelope Cruz, Christina Hendricks, Margot Robbie, Marion Cotillard and Keira Knightley for high profile actresses.

Personally I think that they should stay away from high profile actresses because they won't do much better than a 'normal' one and they'll unnecessarily stress the budget.

Alexandra_1.jpg

Alexandra_2.jpg

Alexandra_3.jpg

Alexandra_4.jpg

Alexandra_5.jpg

Honey Rider, step aside!

Alexandra_6.jpg
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Alexandra_1.jpg

Alexandra_2.jpg

Alexandra_3.jpg

Alexandra_4.jpg

Alexandra_5.jpg

Honey Rider, step aside!

Alexandra_6.jpg
    Alexandra was good in True Detective season 1, in a few of those photo's she reminds me of Lana Wood.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Sofia Vergara.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Alexandra Daddario!! ^:)^

And also...

There's this model who just screams Bond Girl to me whenever I look at her. Her name is Brittany Oldehoff. She's the type that drives a man like me crazy to no end.

17498832_10154725501419830_4673183503125105507_n.jpg?oh=b2842beb17d9af5c178c81c0deadd84a&oe=59942820
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFvs8iNh-10JQ5gTIxMfhBbuxSVPn5NdJUOKGNrFyUNWpgxQlZpw

Wonder Woman Gal Gadot...
    She'd be fantastic alongside a Fassbender/Hiddleston type Bond.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited April 2017 Posts: 5,131
    Too famous. Known actresses (bar Diana Rigg) are largely pointless and eat into the budget. Unknowns everytime for me. Halle Berry is probably the most famous actress to portray a Bond girl at the given time and she is the worst ever!
    Has Rosie Huntington-Whiteley been suggested before?
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    It will be Alicia Vikander. She gets all the best parts and is in everything...and i mean everything... when was the last film she wasnt in???
    I really hope not. I just don't see what's so appealing in her to get all this wide recognition.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    She has a very good agent. He got her Fassbender, amongst other things.
    I really hope not. I just don't see what's so appealing in her to get all this wide recognition.

Much agreed. Personally I don't find her attractive at all.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited April 2017 Posts: 7,971
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Too famous. Known actresses (bar Diana Rigg) are largely pointless and eat into the budget. Unknowns everytime for me. Halle Berry is probably the most famous actress to portray a Bond girl at the given time and she is the worst ever!
    You're telling me Monica Belluci is an aspiring unknown? ;-)

I love Alicia, she's a very good actress. However, I wouldn't want to see her in a Bond film. I don't think that would work. I would aim for a more exotic lady. I'm still aiming at Deepika Padukone, a huge Bollywood star. She'd certainly bring in the masses in Asia, so from a marketing standpoint it would be an excellent choice. And in the West she's hardly known at all.
    MV5BNGFlYzAyYjgtNzRjNS00NmE4LTliOGYtYzBkYzU5MzRhMDM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTExNDQ2MTI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

edit: shit, seems like xXx has beaten Bond to her... Anyway, nobody goes to see xXx, right?
    @CommanderRoss, now you're talking! :D

Both Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra. I'll be like skyrocketing all over the place!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Haha yes, both ooze sexuality like no other!
    Haha yes, both ooze sexuality like no other!
    I've had my mind fantasy involving the two for years! :D
    SharkBait wrote: »

Count me in for Gadot in a Bond film!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    SharkBait wrote: »

Count me in for Gadot in a Bond film!
    It will never happen now, sadly.

I believe she got into acting because of James Bond. She was studying law when she got a call to audition for QoS (I believe it was the part of Camille). She didn't get it but the experience intrigued her, and she soon was cast in FF. The rest is history, and the law profession will be forever poorer.
    What about Julie Benz or Jennifer Carpenter?

28819174ba.jpg

MV5BMTA3Mzk2NTk0MDReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDQ1MDQyNzY@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Certainly has good looks! Don't know about her acting at all, anyone?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Delightful to look at I've not seen her in anything yet is she from Canada ?.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Now that Blanchett is out of the question due to Thor, my 2nd choice (if Craig is back again) is:

CbsFPIh.jpg

Carice Van Houten. They should have cast her a long time ago imho. An outstanding and very versatile actress who can do older Bond babe, villainess or henchwoman all with ease if called upon.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Millhouses older sister perhaps !..
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    BECKINSALE!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think they should definitely take advantage of Andrea Riseborough. She's about to star in the psychological drama “Nancy", plays a serial imposter, who becomes perilously close to losing her entire identity — and the only person who’s ever truly loved her — when her elaborate lies inevitably unravel. The film is co-produced by Eon Productions with Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli as executive producers. If this isn't a chance to get her onboard as a Bond girl I don't know what is.

C3bPa75WYAEvIrF.jpg:medium