Chiwetel Ejiofor tops EON's list for new Bond villain!

1235»

Comments

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Risico007 wrote:
    Personally I would prefer A Fleming name for the villain an updated Philip Masters for example? or Von Hammerstein?

Yes, I think Von Hammerstein would work well.
    RC7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    There's a rumour that Quantum will again return in Bond 24 too. If true, I welcome it very much.

Source @Dragonpol?

If true that would be fine by me! :-bd
    Dragonpol wrote:
    There's a rumour that Quantum will again return in Bond 24

No, there isn't.
    Risico007 wrote:
    Personally I would prefer A Fleming name for the villain an updated Philip Masters for example? or Von Hammerstein?

Masters was not a villain though. My favorite never used character would be General Grubozaboischikov. Maybe the Spangs would work fine too, but they'd need to be substantially changed.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    RC7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    There's a rumour that Quantum will again return in Bond 24 too. If true, I welcome it very much.

Source @Dragonpol?

The source is here:

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a567962/sam-mendes-on-bond-24-this-is-part-two-of-skyfalls-story.html#~oDDkPhxzxY8Bah#ixzz315EnYdfl
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    In that link, Mendes says he cast a new Tanner. Isn't he false, or am I so tired that I'm completely missing something? That link @Dragonpol supplied just leads back to Logan's earlier comments where he basically said "We'll see!" to every inquiry that was brought up.
  • RC7RC7
    Dragonpol wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Source @Dragonpol?

The source is here:

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a567962/sam-mendes-on-bond-24-this-is-part-two-of-skyfalls-story.html#~oDDkPhxzxY8Bah#ixzz315EnYdfl

Hardly a rumour.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 17,727
    RC7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Source @Dragonpol?

The source is here:

Hardly a rumour.

Sorry, I saw it over at BaB forums and thought it was a rumour from that. My mistake it seems. Sorry folks.

That said, I do personally believe that Quantum will indeed return in Bond 24. It'd be rather silly if they didn't, considering how they painstakingly set up the organisation in the first two films of the Craig Bond era.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    In that link, Mendes says he cast a new Tanner. Isn't he false, or am I so tired that I'm completely missing something? That link @Dragonpol supplied just leads back to Logan's earlier comments where he basically said "We'll see!" to every inquiry that was brought up.
    He is mistaken, but I'm rather happy Mendes puts Tanner at the same level of importance as Q or Moneypenny.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Risico007 wrote:

Horror! Von Hammerstein would a the name for a Nazi-general in a Hollywood comedy. This is a big no-no for a Bond movie in 2015.

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited May 2014 Posts: 5,080
    zebrafish wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

Horror! Von Hammerstein would a the name for a Nazi-general in a Hollywood comedy. This is a big no-no for a Bond movie in 2015.

Disagree. I think Von Hammerstein sounds perfectly fine. Much better than "Elvis" or the bland "Dominic Green" (not the character, though).
    I always thought Greene was a bit bland too. Topical, as his name matched his cover, if not his nature, but bland. Anyway, back on topic: if Ejiofor plays a Fleming villain, it would have to be Gallia, for obvious reasons.
    Ludovico wrote:
    I always thought Greene was a bit bland too. Topical, as his name matched his cover, if not his nature, but bland. Anyway, back on topic: if Ejiofor plays a Fleming villain, it would have to be Gallia, for obvious reasons.

Is it because I is black?
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 14,797
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

That is the obvious reason, yes. And also because the movie LALD departed from the novel considerably, including by changing the very name of its villain, so Gallia could be used easily. That is, IF he plays a villain that existed in the novels before. And there is no evidence he will. Heck, he is only rumored to play a villain for the moment!
    Ludovico wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

That is the obvious reason, yes. That is, IF he plays a villain that existed in the novels before. And there is no evidence he will. Heck, he is only rumored to play a villain for the moment!

Yes, a case of rumours and little else to back it up I guess.
    Personally I think he will be the villain of Bond 24..
    Risico007 wrote:
    Personally I think he will be the villain of Bond 24..

It is still early to tell, but his casting would have similarities with previous ones (especially Bardem's) and the rumor does seem to have some ground in reality.
  • RC7RC7
    edited May 2014 Posts: 10,512
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Ha ha. He could play anyone. You could have a black Blofeld, doesn't really matter. If we're talking specific Fleming then yes, but specificity and Fleming rarely go hand in hand in the cinematic universe. If Ejiofor is cast in 24, playing Gallia, I will personally transfer @Ludovico £100.
    The thing is, Blofeld is not black and he is not conceived as black, certainly not a youngish black man. He is Easter European and claims to be of aristocratic French descent. I know the movies departed from the novels, but the best ones of the series are the ones who actually try to emulate, at least to a degree, the novels.

And I doubt he'll play Gallia. In fact, he wouldn't even be my first choice as Gallia (I'd have an older, heavier man in the role, with harder features) if they were to use Gallia. But IF they want him to play an original Fleming villain, he would have, IMO' to play Gallia.