Chiwetel Ejiofor tops EON's list for new Bond villain!

Comments

RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    This topic has gone wildly off track. I wonder if this would've happened if a white guy had been rumoured? I suggest people relax and wait to see where this takes us, rather than immediately jumping to Blofeld-shaped conclusions.

If a white actor had been rumored, particularly a middle or Eastern European older than DC, then there would be no issue.

But he's not playing Blofeld, so I don't understand the hoohah.

Because we are discussing an hypothesis brought forward here. A terrible hypothesis, but there you go.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I think who ever it is? Some people will still say is he going to be Blofeld? Assuming it is a man of course!
    Even if an actress is put forward, it seems many people think Ernestina Blofeld is the way to go.

Maybe they want a Scandinavian actress for Blofeld. :^o
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I think who ever it is? Some people will still say is he going to be Blofeld? Assuming it is a man of course!
    Even if an actress is put forward, it seems many people think Ernestina Blofeld is the way to go.

Maybe they want a Scandinavian actress for Blofeld. :^o

so the new Blofeld would be young, female and sexy. That is indeed a new approach.
    And then we will get the TWINE comparisons again.
    I think Blofeld returning is a possibility and I'd be fine with Efijor playing him but I don't see why we're discussing this now. They have the rights back but it's way too early to say he'll be playing Blofeld (has his casting even been confirmed yet?). Let's just wait and see.
    I think people are mentioning Blofeld a lot because EON now has the full rights to the character. So why wouldn't they bring him back at some point?

I am happy if Blofeld does not return or they at least do a creative twist. Maybe Evangeline Stephanie Blofeld Murdock as the main villain ... ? Played by Helen Mirren and not revealed until near the end (when Eve or someone learns her maiden name), but her head henchman - acting as the main villain for most of the film - being played by Ejiofor. Just a thought. I don't want the same old bald, boring Blofeld coming to us.

Then you don't want Blofeld, because that's who he is. I'd add that he's a white European who is older than Bond as well.

Aren't you a big DAF fan?

The biggest. That said, I hardly regard Grey's Blofeld as one of the film's strengths. And Grey is an excellent actor.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited April 2014 Posts: 14,862
    I'm really not sure where all the Blofeld ideas come from? Other than those of us on these boards, I have not seen anything in any press statement to suggest that Blofeld would return in Bond 24.
    Other than the knowledge that EON had secured the rights to the character recently.
    It is of course a possibility, though I would wait for more information, before I jumped to the conclusion that Blofeld would return.
    As for Chiwetel Ejiofor, great choice to join the Bond series. Wonderful actor, and one I would probably not think of before now. I hope EON can cast him in a role.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 14,816
    The moment an actor is rumored to be in line for the next Bond villain, or the next Bond movie actually, the Blofeld rumor resurfaces. It was the case with Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes, I think it may have been the case for Mathieu Amalric. Not, of course, Chiwetel Ejiofor being maybe the next Bond villain, of course for some he will or should play Blofeld. It is very predictable.
  • What else can a villain do to Bond that will make the audience hate them so much?
    I could have sworn that my original question in creating this post was................... How do you feel about Eon offering villain roles to A list actors?

Oh yeah.......... Blofeld had hair in "From Russia with Love".
    The hair issue is discussed here, in the Bond 24 production timeline thread, the Who should play Blofeld thread and the Hair Thread at the moment. Clearly an engaging subject.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    yptTq.gif
    3_Chiwetel_Ejiofor_and_Kate_Moss_by_Mario_Testin.jpg
    7_Chiwetel_Ejiofor_and_Kate_Moss_by_Mario_Testin.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote:
    yptTq.gif

Cool as fcuk.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Nena Bismaquer?

Why would they bring back Blofeld while Quantum is still the main enemy.
    Unless Blofeld is in charge of Quantum it doesnt make sense to bring him back yet.
    If he is cast I hope they do something about his face the way they worked with Bardem's. He looks far too much like a nice guy.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Nena Bismaquer?

Indeed.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Have you seen any of his villainous roles? If you have, you'd know his face is just fine. No need for extensive makeup and prosthetics.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Have you seen any of his villainous roles? If you have, you'd know his face is just fine. No need for extensive makeup and prosthetics.

Yes, that failed to work with the Mr Big make-up in LALD in my view - it looked very fake.
    doubleoego wrote:
    yptTq.gif

The guy certainly looks the business! As always it is a waiting now. :-t
    doubleoego wrote:

Well, Fleming's villains were pretty much all grotesque and ugly. And Bardem's makeup actually worked perfectly, looking very natural.
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Nena Bismaquer?

Still a poor excuse.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Mr White: Second thing you must know about us: if we said we have people everywhere, we mean it.

Kate-Moss-Chiwetel-Ejiofor-Vogue-US-December-2013-003.jpg
    What you did not know about Skyfall...

Because in the movie LALD, Big was called Kananga, so they could reuse the name. I don't know this actor's work, but so far I am skeptical.

Why would you assume he would automatically portray a new version of Kanaga/Mr. Big? Because he's a black actor?

Besides, I've seen Chiwetel Ejiofor portray a villain before. He played one in a movie with Clive Owen. I forgot the movie's title.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 14,816
    I am NOT assuming he would, I am saying he could. Speculation, but I am not claiming it to be anything more than this. I know he is a good actor, but so far he strikes me as a bit young and looking too much like a nice guy. This is not an opinion set in stone and I am conscious as I did not watch him in anything, I cannot really assess give a clear judgment for now. A younger man can look older (see Robert Carlyle) and a handsome man can be made to look uglier/nastier (see Javier Bardem).

As for him being a black actor, we did not have one playing the main villain since... LALD, so of course this particular speculation would arise.
    M_Balje wrote:
    Mr White: Second thing you must know about us: if we said we have people everywhere, we mean it.

Kate-Moss-Chiwetel-Ejiofor-Vogue-US-December-2013-003.jpg
    What you did not know about Skyfall...

:)) That's just a piece of genius, Superb my friend. :-bd
    He's a very cool and good looking actor. A good candidate to play a future Bond perhaps? ;)
    edited May 2014 Posts: 17,786
    There's a rumour that Quantum will again return in Bond 24 too. If true, I welcome it very much.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Nena Bismaquer?

Indeed.

One of the many reasons I cannot care less about the continuation novels. They are glorified fanfics.
    Personally I would prefer A Fleming name for the villain an updated Philip Masters for example? or Von Hammerstein?
  • RC7RC7
    Dragonpol wrote:
    There's a rumour that Quantum will again return in Bond 24 too. If true, I welcome it very much.

Source @Dragonpol?