Revolution Against Bourne! Who wants classic Bond back?!!

12345679»

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Articles? They're written by someone who looks and reads too much into things. The film on surface didn't represent anything whatsoever about misogyny. Did you see any character harm a woman or hate her just because she's a woman? That's misogyny, which nowadays is a totally utterly misused word flushed out of random generation of losing arguments. Like the word "racism".
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bond taking advantage of Severine is misogyny. Dench being killed and replaced by Fiennes is misogyny. Miss Moneypenny missing her target and hitting Bond instead is misogyny.

I am only guessing here.
    James Bond existing is a misogyny. ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Misogyny in Skyfall? Is this some kind of joke? Political correctness run amok it seems.

The only things I can think of that could trigger these sort of comments are perhaps Silva's feelings towards M, although he had his reasons. It can't be Bond's dismissive comments towards MP, because she was quite incompetent. Perhaps some people feel negatively towards Bond's treatment of Severine (I recall a member here suggesting Bond shouldn't have had sex with her because she had been abused in the past or something along those lines). All nonsense imho. This is James Bond for pete's sake.
    What the post above says.