Revolution Against Bourne! Who wants classic Bond back?!!

Comments

If we don't get Moneypenny, Q, or the classic Bond formula back, then at least give us an epic, over-the-top, eccentric villain and
    Now the formula you mention are only work for Austin powers, not Bond

Haha! Yeah, I guess so. I just meant a worthy adversary for Bond along the lines of Dr. No, Auric Goldfinger, Emilio Largo, Blofeld, Scaramanga, or Max Zorin. You know, someone who will be remembered, because quite frankly, I doubt that every Bond fan who has seen QOS even remembers Dominic Greene. He was such a fail.
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 172
    You know, someone who will be remembered, because quite frankly, I doubt that every Bond fan who has seen QOS even remembers Dominic Greene. He was such a fail.
    Maybe its just me, i think since Dalton era there is no eccentric villain that so iconic to be remembered by fans, and to me that's not a problem at all. What is important is James Bond, not the eccentric villains.

I don't want Bond become the Batman franchise . the Villains in Batman movies get more attention than the Batman, i believe fans want to see The Dark Knight because of The Joker character,not Batman or Bale.

Yeah, I guess 007 should get more screen attention, but the villains are just as important, because if there's not any worthy adversaries for 007, then the plot is bound to take a nosedive. They don't exactly have to be a Hugo Drax-type villain, but at least something memorable along the lines of Alec Trevelyan or Le Chiffre.
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 11,189
    I'm with 00Beast on this one. A good adversary is just as important as Bond himself. It's what makes us cheer on the good guy. Renny Harlin has said that the more powerful the villain is, the better the hero. Think of RH what you will but he does have a point.

Think of the Fleming books and some of the best Bond films. They all have memorable, somewhat larger than life adversaries. Adversaries that had an IMPACT. Even in films like LTK or GE where the main baddies were a bit more down to earth, they still provided a match for Bond.

Green, to be honest, was a pathetic adversary in the long run.

I want a juicy menacing villain.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Wow, I agree with BAIN123 !! :-D
    Thanks, BAIN123! I really hope that Bond 23 will have a good villain. Also, we need some better henchmen. Does anybody honestly remember Dominic Greene's henchman Elvis? I mean seriously, his big scene was when he got tripped down a flight of stairs by Agent Fields; not to mention that stupid bowl cut wig! I hope we'll see a henchman along the lines of Oddjob, Tee Hee, Jaws, Gobinda, Necros, or Stamper. Those represent true henchmen.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Yes 00Beast - more henchmen like Vargas, Oddjob, Necros !! [-O< Not only does the series desperatly needs memorable main villains, but also memorable henchmen/henchwomen !! And a Fiona Volpe-esque femme fatale !!
    Yep! I agree, DaltonCraig007. A Fiona Volpe/Xenia Onatopp femme fatale would be nice alongside a great henchman. A bonus treat would be if we could get better camera work and longer fights. That supposed "grand finale" in the hotel in QOS was a real let-down. It was too short, and I couldn't tell what was going on with that shaky camera.
    Even in films like LTK or GE where the main baddies were a bit more down to earth, they still provided a match for Bond.

Alec Trevelyan was a match for Bond? are you kidding me? Alec was much MORE BETTER character than Bond in Goldeneye. Alec outshine Bond in that film.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2011 Posts: 4,442
    Haha! Yeah, I guess so. I just meant a worthy adversary for Bond along the lines of Dr. No, Auric Goldfinger, Emilio Largo, Blofeld, Scaramanga, or Max Zorin. You know, someone who will be remembered, because quite frankly, I doubt that every Bond fan who has seen QOS even remembers Dominic Greene. He was such a fail.
    What Dominic Greenehe said there wil you remember. Not everthing what he said iam happy with for Bond his future.

What i like to see is a older actres for Bond girl we don't vergot and then i mean somebody besides Judi Dech. By prefer not young actres emotional made for 75%-100% of the movie, but by the situtation. I think we need a new Pussy Galore, Natalya or Honey Rider. Camile can return, but i like to see somebody besides her where the movie end with. As said before, step down from the 2-3 lead Bond girls in a movie. I don't mind to see a Dozen count of woman in Bond 23 include Dench and Camile, 4 lead girls. Moonraker (favorite story of Pervis and Wade) have more Bond girls.
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 11,189
    Even in films like LTK or GE where the main baddies were a bit more down to earth, they still provided a match for Bond.

Alec Trevelyan was a match for Bond? are you kidding me? Alec was much MORE BETTER character than Bond in Goldeneye. Alec outshine Bond in that film.
    No I'm not 'kidding you'

Also I think the best thing about LTK is Davi, NOT Dalton (although Dalton is good in it).
    Alec Trevelyan and Franz Sanchez are two of the series best main villains! They have such a connection with Bond, and I love the scenes where the two of them come face-to-face. It's those moments when you know trouble is about to start!
    I hope they also return into CGI system instead of this rubbish "Verisimilitude" type that started with 2002 Bourne franchise... and those despicable and annoying shaking cameras. One of the spoof makers, taunted the Bourne style and told a something from the next Bourne film (rumoured to be "The Bourne Pottery Class"): As they were argue in anger rage, the camera started shaking very heavily and wildly until it made the screen to be blurred and we can't even understand what was happening in the scene..."

here's the link for the ridiculous Bourne Pottery Class:
    http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Bourne_Pottery_Class
    If we don't get Moneypenny, Q, or the classic Bond formula back, then at least give us an epic, over-the-top, eccentric villain and
    Now the formula you mention are only work for Austin powers, not Bond

For the record, my friend, Austin Powers still caries the true cinematic spy genre while Bond has lost it since CR in 2006. Why? Because the stupid Bourne type has hit the box-office.
    I hope they also return into CGI system
    :-? I'd prefer a return to model work... CGI like in QOS and DAD was horrible.
    I hope they also return into CGI system
    :-? I'd prefer a return to model work... CGI like in QOS and DAD was horrible.
    QoS? I never noticed QoS had CGI. But, DAD, yes. They've gone too far with DAD, I agree with you. But, the ones in GE,TND and TWINE... Tell me they were failure, they were? I say the opposite... For me, TWINE is the last Bond film and FRWL was the last Bond game.
    edited June 2011 Posts: 15,690
    The free-fall in QOS had obvious CGI rework in it... This is why the free-fall in MR is better: it's the real deal, even if made by stuntmen... I prefer stuntmen doing it for real, than having Craig doing infront of green screen, that make the scene look totally fake and CGI-ish.
    @DaltonCraig007: Yes indeed! The free-fall in Moonraker is far better stunt work than any recent CGI stunts. The thing is, the older Bond movies require actual work! Now, all you have to do is slap a little CGI into your action and save you time, but when the audience gets to the theater, it's obvious how little work was put into it. Thank goodness for such scenes as the MR free-fall! Movies today just aren't the same.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The free-fall in QOS had obvious CGI rework in it... This is why the free-fall in MR is better: it's the real deal, even if made by stuntmen... I prefer stuntmen doing it for real, than having Craig doing infront of green screen, that make the scene look totally fake and CGI-ish.
    The free-fall in MR is just super. Granted, they had some poor inserts worked in but overall, yes, a fabulous stunt. You can sense it's real. And I just love Barry's dramatic music (not counting the Bond Theme). The CGI-fall in QOS is fake. 'Nuff said.

I still laugh so hard every time I see Pierce Brosnan do that surf stunt in Die Another Day. One of the most obvious green screens in movie history, and a mockery of the old Bond movie stunts if you ask me.
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 533
    [My friends, someone has to do something about this. The franchise won't survive if they stay giving those spoiled Jason Bourne styled Bond films. Where are the classic spy films with their coolest musical moments (the Bond style guitar strings, horns and brasses) and where are those crazy but lovely gadgets? I really miss the classic Bond. The James Bond character must be based on Connery's persona (full with sense of humour and suaveness) yet with Daniel Craig's melee master skills. The films should have brought Q and Moneypenny back, with the addition of those supervillains will real purposes to dominate the world... like Auric Goldfinger, Alec Trevelyan, Emilio Largo, Dr. No, Max Zorin, Elliot Carver, Renard, Gustav Graves, Carl Stromberg... Come on, we need the classic Bond back, not this Bourne-ified character and those Bourne-ified films. Someone has to do something about this. We have to re-awake the real 007 back. Think anything that could help this idea grow up, my colleagues.]

If this is your idea of a classic Bond movie, you can keep it. I had enough of that crap from some of the 1960s, 70s and 90s movies. I don't need that "supervillain tries to destroy the world" crap.
    If this is your idea of a classic Bond movie, you can keep it. I had enough of that crap from some of the 1960s, 70s and 90s movies. I don't need that "supervillain tries to destroy the world" crap.
    Well then you can skip the future movies that will be similar to such 'crap'.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Wow, never thought I'd ever read that. ;;) Personally I think Bond's golden age (the 60s) presents a fine example of how good Bond films are made. Obviously we can't repeat anything YOLT-ish but there's something abnormally attractive to the enthusiastic, feel-good, escapist mentality of those golden spy age films.

Personally, I'm all for the "supervillain destroys the world" type of Bond movie. That's what keeps us so interested! It leaves us thinking, "How will Bond get away this time? Will the villain get away, or will he meet his end at Bond's PPK?" Does anyone seem to have QoS at the top of their list? No, because it doesn't have the supervillain scenario! While it may not necessarily involve the whole entire world, all the Bond movies, in some form or another, have this recurring theme: GF, TB, YOLT, OHMSS, DAF, TSWLM, MR, OP, AVTAK, GE, TND, TWINE, and DAD. This theme is simply pure Bond at his greatest! I mean seriously, what good is Bond if he can't stop a madman from destroying a good chunk of Earth?
  • i don't think the production house will go for a newly changed daniel craig, cause it wudn't suit him...it's true that bourne hangover does exists on craig's bond character, so the next one should be his last one...classic bond sud be back with a new actor's arrival in bond 24...and i just pray & hope that they will find sum1 new ,young, fresh guy to bring back the magic of GEORGE LAZENBY'S aura....cause we know deep down in our heart that "SEAN CONNERY" like bond can never be found in next 100 years...so fingers crossed!! we miss u badly SEAN!! :(
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Personally, I'm all for the "supervillain destroys the world" type of Bond movie. That's what keeps us so interested! It leaves us thinking, "How will Bond get away this time? Will the villain get away, or will he meet his end at Bond's PPK?" Does anyone seem to have QoS at the top of their list? No, because it doesn't have the supervillain scenario! While it may not necessarily involve the whole entire world, all the Bond movies, in some form or another, have this recurring theme: GF, TB, YOLT, OHMSS, DAF, TSWLM, MR, OP, AVTAK, GE, TND, TWINE, and DAD. This theme is simply pure Bond at his greatest! I mean seriously, what good is Bond if he can't stop a madman from destroying a good chunk of Earth?
    Dalton's films don't have a 'supervillain' and many people love them, some in fact believe they are some of the best Bond films made.
    Supervillain or not u need a hook and a threat for Bond. We need to believe that the villain is mad/dangerous and the best "supervillains" of the past have had these qualities. The larger-than-life supervillain at least allows the character to be memorable.
    Samuel001 said:
    Dalton's films don't have a 'supervillain' and many people love them, some in fact believe they are some of the best Bond films made.

That is true! Good observation, Samuel001! I know the whole "supervillain" plot isn't necessary to pull off a great Bond movie, but I just think it makes it better, that's all.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    The larger-than-life supervillain at least allows the character to be memorable.
    I would argue Sanchez is a very memorable character and villain and also happens to be the best thing in Licence To Kill.