Revolution Against Bourne! Who wants classic Bond back?!!

Comments

For the record, my friend, Austin Powers still caries the true cinematic spy genre while Bond has lost it since CR in 2006. Why? Because the stupid Bourne type has hit the box-office.
    Austin Powers still carries the TRUE CINEMATIC COMEDIC (laughable) SPY genre, my friend.
    The free-fall in QOS had obvious CGI rework in it... This is why the free-fall in MR is better: it's the real deal, even if made by stuntmen... I prefer stuntmen doing it for real, than having Craig doing infront of green screen, that make the scene look totally fake and CGI-ish.
    Despite its flaw in free fall, QOS fighting scenes is better than MR. The fighting skill in MR had obvious laughable orchestrated fight scenes due to Roger moore poor fighting skills abilities. This why the fighting scenes in QOS is better: it’s THE REAL DEAL. And Craig did the stuntwork by himself than Roger Moore did in all of his movies.
    Personally, I'm all for the "supervillain destroys the world" type of Bond movie. That's what keeps us so interested!
    In your opinion I guess, not US. What keep me so interested in Bond movies not the supervillain . The story keep me interested, and the movies without supervillains are better IMO. That’s why I enjoy more CR,QOS,LTK,FYEO, FRWL better than TSWLM, DAD, MR, YOLT,OP,AVTAK ,TND,OP, or DAF.
    It leaves us thinking, "How will Bond get away this time? Will the villain get away, or will he meet his end at Bond's PPK?"
    Supervilain leave me thingking, why Bond had to meet this ridiculous villain? Or why James Bond fighting cartoonish villain? Were the producers ran out of idea?
    Does anyone seem to have QoS at the top of their list? No, because it doesn't have the supervillain scenario! ?

QOS is include it my Top Ten list. I think if someone put a movie in a top list not because there were supervilain or not , but how good the movies is. OHMSS is in my top 5, Blofeld by Savalas is more down to earth, IMO.
    While it may not necessarily involve the whole entire world, all the Bond movies, in some form or another, have this recurring theme: GF, TB, YOLT, OHMSS, DAF, TSWLM, MR, OP, AVTAK, GE, TND, TWINE, and DAD. This theme is simply pure Bond at his greatest! I mean seriously, what good is Bond if he can't stop a madman from destroying a good chunk of Earth?
    The pure Bond at his greatest in your movie list mention above only OHMSS and GE (I like it). The rest are pure crap.

I would argue Sanchez is a very memorable character and villain and also happens to be the best thing in Licence To Kill.
    The best thing in Licence To Kill is Dalton’s performance.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2011 Posts: 15,690
    The free-fall in QOS had obvious CGI rework in it... This is why the free-fall in MR is better: it's the real deal, even if made by stuntmen... I prefer stuntmen doing it for real, than having Craig doing infront of green screen, that make the scene look totally fake and CGI-ish.
    Despite its flaw in free fall, QOS fighting scenes is better than MR. The fighting skill in MR had obvious laughable orchestrated fight scenes due to Roger moore poor fighting skills abilities. This why the fighting scenes in QOS is better: it’s THE REAL DEAL. And Craig did the stuntwork by himself than Roger Moore did in all of his movies.
    I'M SORRY for loving the Moore fights more than Craig's... I'M SORRY I prefer the Moore outings than Craig's...
    The pure Bond at his greatest in your movie list mention above only OHMSS and GE (I like it). The rest are pure crap.
    So you think half of the franchise is crap ?? Not a very good 'love' ratio...
    I'M SORRY for loving the Moore fights more than Craig's... I'M SORRY I prefer the Moore outings than Craig's...
    No need to say sorry mate, Btw i like For Your Eyes Only :-D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    No need to say sorry mate, Btw i like For Your Eyes Only :-D
    :-bd I also like Goldeneye
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350

I would argue Sanchez is a very memorable character and villain and also happens to be the best thing in Licence To Kill.
    The best thing in Licence To Kill is Dalton’s performance.
    That's a very close second in my opinion. Dalton’s performance is still perhaps the best in the entire series - I absolutely love it.
    ["Well then you can skip the future movies that will be similar to such 'crap'."]

I will happily do so.
    All I know is the classic Bond was BOND! And QOS was another "Verisimilitude" (Bourne) typed film. I don't think there was CGI at there. But, I agree, DAD was bad. But, TWINE was awesome. I don't know why the most of people in here trying to disgrace that cool film.
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 11,189
    TWINE is a perfectly fine Bond film for me. Not a great one but still enjoyable and it did have more of a "Bond" feel to it.
    I don't see why people are lumping CR in with QoS. The only thing cold, or lifeless in CR was Bond himself. In CR and QoS he was a 'blunt instrument' for use by the government, but CR was glamorous, had a good amount of humor and really injected life into the series. I liked QoS personally, but I do understand its faults and why some don't like it. I do think there was a lot to improve upon which would've put QoS on the same scale of CR.

After these movies where Bond has been more or less 'molded' by the entire Vesper experience I feel we'll see a more 'classic' Bond again. There were a good amount of scenes in CR like this IMO, and even QoS had its moments like where Bond introduces himself and Fields as teachers on holiday.

I'm going to see what's planned for B23 before I start criticizing the producers/director/etc. I do hope they include a bit more humor, some reasonable gadgets, Q and Moneypenny again.
  • SharkShark Banned
    The larger-than-life supervillain at least allows the character to be memorable.
    He's also larger than life, despite being partly based on Pablo Escobar and others. Pet iguana, grotesque fish statues, large Tony Montana-esque estate, stingray tail whip, burn scars etc.

Robert Davi's stature and sinister charisma is what made Sanchez memorable. Had he been some shorter fatter chap it wouldn't have worked aswell.
    TWINE was awesome. I don't know why the most of people in here trying to disgrace that cool film.
    I'm a big Brosnan fan, but outside of Goldeneye I didn't really like his films (I just thought he got a raw deal in terms of casts and scripts). My issue with TND-DAD was that it got too fantastical, too over the top and didn't have any sense of danger or thrill. Movies like LTK and QoS are ones that lack what TND-DAD had too much of like the fun, luxury, humor, etc.

Personally I feel like Bond 23 should be more like Goldeneye, the perfect over the top Bond movie in my eyes. It has a fantastical plot, the characters treat the situation seriously, there aren't any terrible-cheesy jokes, and there are enough character development scenes and realistic action sequences to balance out the OTT sequences.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    I watched CR again yesterday on Blu-Ray and Yes, Bond Movie! Love it! Love it! Then today I watched QoS again on Blu-Ray and No, This is Bond in some part and not Bond in other parts! Can't watch this! Hating It! Got to Turn It Off! So I turned it off and went and took a nap!
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 669
    TWINE was awesome. I don't know why the most of people in here trying to disgrace that cool film.
    I'm a big Brosnan fan, but outside of Goldeneye I didn't really like his films (I just thought he got a raw deal in terms of casts and scripts). My issue with TND-DAD was that it got too fantastical, too over the top and didn't have any sense of danger or thrill. Movies like LTK and QoS are ones that lack what TND-DAD had too much of like the fun, luxury, humor, etc.

Personally I feel like Bond 23 should be more like Goldeneye, the perfect over the top Bond movie in my eyes. It has a fantastical plot, the characters treat the situation seriously, there aren't any terrible-cheesy jokes, and there are enough character development scenes and realistic action sequences to balance out the OTT sequences.
    In some sort, I agree with you, bondboy007. LTK, as a film, was not bad, but to be honest, comparing to the literary 007, it was good, thousand time better than TLD. CR was also not bad, but wasn't too much Bond, but still good. QoS was one of the worst Bond films in my list, too much Bourne-ified, lacks of the real cinematic spy spirit. I'm just like you, a huge Brosnan fan, but I don't dislike any of the other 007 actors. Despite Craig's character is horrible, I like him very much and I'm sure he can make stylish classic Bond. But, Connery... no one can top him. Brosnan and Connery are my number ones. I doubt that B23 will be good, the franchise won't survive, somewhere at the articles, I've read that EON will celebrate cinematic 007's 50th anniversary without changes in Craig's role. That means Jason Bourne modeled as James Bond will return to hurt the franchise.
    WTH is going on with the grammar in this thread?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondboy007 wrote: »
    I'm going to see what's planned for B23 before I start criticizing the producers/director/etc. I do hope they include a bit more humor, some reasonable gadgets, Q and Moneypenny again.

You got it.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Luckily we got classic Bond back with Spectre. A bit late, but better than never.
    I enjoyed Spectre when I was watching it, but couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't quite right.

It's lingered with me ever since. While I think Spectre is a good film, it's one I've felt less and less enthusiastic about since first seeing it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Luckily we got classic Bond back with Spectre. A bit late, but better than never.

Spectre is so close to being the Bond/film I wanted from Craig back in 2006. If Craig does one more, then I want that film to continue in the direction that Spectre was heading in (full gunbarrel, more Bond theme and less drama).
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Vote for traditional Bond film well written like TSWLM.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world

Spectre is so close to being the Bond/film I wanted from Craig back in 2006. If Craig does one more, then I want that film to continue in the direction that Spectre was heading in (full gunbarrel, more Bond theme and less drama).

YES, YES, YES!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Vote for traditional Bond film well written like TSWLM.
    +1
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Hear Hear!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    If Spectre didn't have the brother nonsense, I think it would be my No. 1 Bond film.
    If it didn't have Newman's terrible music it could have been my new No. 1. ;))
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Spectre's problem was the London epilogue. Had the entire climax located itself at Blofeld's lair, it would have been brilliant. There were so many things that could have worked, but I do see the London finale in the third act was insistently placed and meant to be there on demand of the filmmakers.
    I tried making it a little better.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Murdock wrote: »

Dethroning GoldenEye?! I don't believe it!

royale65 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

Dethroning GoldenEye?! I don't believe it!

It came close, It was that fun Bond I've been looking for, for a while. But it didn't. :P
    Eon and mainly barbara have lost the plot since CR. And CR was good mainly because of martin campbell.

The directors and writers chosen since have been disastrous..............