Things you're tired of seeing in movies.

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Cold blue color filters to make things like "cinematic" Natural colors please!
    Sick to death of CGI green screen scenery when the actors lose out on the experience of performing on wonderful sets designed by the likes of Ken Adam, Peter Lamont, etc.
    Droning atonal ambience scores with little to no melody or themework.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sex scenes where the two lovers just get an overpowering urge and tear down half the apartment while undressing each other. Probably funny the first time, but the next five thousand?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just came to mind while watching the new Kingsman: when someone goes to shoot at somebody, and they're obviously holding something that is bulletproof, so we watch the person empty their entire gun into them, knowing they should've tried something else once the bullets run out (TLD's "body armor" bit with Whitaker comes to mind).
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    (Disclaimer: Haven't read the first six or seven pages before writing this)
    Scenes where an airplane or helicopter is descending, voluntarily or involuntarily, and a certain sound accompanying that descent is coming on. That is the sound of the Stuka sirens, deliberately generated to strike terror with the people below. It has nothing to do with a noise that just happens naturally when a plane is going down.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Disasters
    +
    President or high ranking official
    +
    His wife and kid(s)
    +
    Everyman and estranged family
    +
    A kid and his dog
    +
    The token black man
    +
    Friendly old person

Yes, I'm talking to you, Roland Emmerich.
    Endless screaming.
    One-note performances with very little range.

Martial arts styled fight sequences that look like the Bourne films.

Slow motion action sequences that look like The Matrix.

Blue color timing.
    Unlikable edgy and angsty characters.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Big CGI sequences (the opening scene in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 being a prime example) that are so cartoonish they don't convince for one second that what you're watching is actually there and not just a bunch of animated pixels.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    A credit reading "Music by Hans Zimmer".
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Murdock wrote: »
    Adam Sandler movies. He stopped being funny back in 2002.

He was funny?! Never happened.
    Superheroes!
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

Here here! :-bd
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

Here here! :-bd

Whear?
    Thear!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    spectreeverywhere.gif
    :D
    Films 'based on a true story' that bear little similarity with the actual events.

They should be called 'a work of fiction inspired by true events'
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Big CGI sequences (the opening scene in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 being a prime example) that are so cartoonish they don't convince for one second that what you're watching is actually there and not just a bunch of animated pixels.
    I agree. The CGI overload is a bit much for me too. Once the first viewing novelty wears off I find I don't have much interest in revisiting the films again because the environments are so obviously fake.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I agree. The CGI overload is a bit much for me too. Once the first viewing novelty wears off I find I don't have much interest in revisiting the films again because the environments are so obviously fake.

Could be my age but I'm finding these unconvincing CGI fests a complete bore.
    Scientific formulas that fill an entire blackboard.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Combination of fast cutting & shaky cams. Makes it so I cannot follow anything that is transpiring. It's suppose to be exhilarating action and seems like it is for many who give these movie favorable reviews, but it is exhausting instead of exhilarating for me.
    Digital countdown clocks on bombs.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,327
    'who do you work for?'
    IT'S ALL A DREAM!

When my girlfriend forced me to sit through the Twilight Saga--yes, I will allow that to sink in for a moment--and that fifth film presented me with one of those surprisingly cool scenes that turned out to be just a dream, I yelled, "OH MY GOD NO THEY DID NOT JUST DO THAT!" in theatres, in complete anger. I was "sushed" quite a bit. ;-)

I didn't belong there.
    Did you get laid that night?
    I was rewarded for my exceptional bravery.
  • dbowen007dbowen007 Virginia, United States
    Adam Sandler movies. He stopped being funny back in 2002.

He was funny?! Never happened.

Haha! Agreed
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Remakes.