John Travolta as next Bond villain?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    You had to rush to IMDB to look up more Travolta films? You must be The Boy in the Plastic Bubble.
    You had to rush to IMDB to look up more Travolta films? You must be The Boy in the Plastic Bubble.

Booo!!! "What a terrible thing to say" ;)
    On a serious note I like Travolta as a bond Villian but I fear he would be super over the top but if he does it more like The Punnisher and Domestic Disturbence I will be EXTREMLY happy

But hey we got bond 24 casting rumor perhaps jwestbrook should Be Cool and update his thread
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote:
    but if he does it more like The Punnisher and Domestic Disturbence I will be EXTREMLY happy

I felt his Howard Saint in The Punisher was extremely over the top. Especially that derfy way he looked when he turned around in the parking lot near the end of the film (when he and Castle have their stand off).
    You know what I will treat this as a legit rumor and will rewatch the Punnisher
  • Mrcoggins wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:
    If JT was cast Bond would probably have a hard time staying alive! I thank you. I'm here all week!

This weeks winner of the Shady Tree Award.

:-bd

Thanks a lot. You've been a lousy audience.
  • Ludovico wrote:
    So... I guess nobody is taking this seriously.

That's it? Anyone want to play poker now?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I can think of many other actors I'd prefer to see play a Bond villain than Travolta. He hasn't necessarily impressed me these past five/ten years.
    Steve Carrell last month said he wanted to be a bond Villian curiously I think most fans would prefer Carrell over Travolta
  • If this is true the internet would literally Blow Out on itself. Travolta and his Hairspray should stay far away from the Bond series.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Why is such a broadsheet newspaper reporting such pulp fiction?
    I think you lot are taking the MICHAEL out of a serious thread discussion!!!! :-?
    Yes we know. No need to Shout about it.
    If this is true the internet would literally Blow Out on itself. Travolta and his Hairspray should stay far away from the Bond series.

I don't think he can Carrie a movie.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    In a Bond film as outrageous and bizarre as - say - DAF or TMWTGG, I'd welcome Travolta any day. I rather like the man but I think his very presence would give a Bond film an immediate "crazy factor" and I mean that, actually, as a compliment.

• I would say to John Travolta: "John , Scientology needs your services more. Thanks, keep watching Bond films and reading Fleming's books".
  • If Travolta is cast, assuming that he doesn't fake an accent, that would mean Bond 24 will have an American villain. I wonder if part of Bond 24 won't be filmed in the States? (Boston, please!)

Travolta has made some truly awful films, but he's a good actor and I wouldn't object to him being cast in Bond 24.
    John Travolta has set his sights on playing a Bond villain

John Travolta has revealed he would be interested in playing the villain in a James Bond film.

The actor has already chatted to producer Barbara Broccoli about a part, and she is apparently all for the idea.

The 59-year-old said that the role would be a great way for him to ‘close the chapter on playing villains’.

Before anyone gets too excited, Travolta added that if he were to get a part it would be further down the line as Broccoli already has a Bond baddie in mind for Bond 24.

Speaking to the Telegraph on whether on his chances of going head-to-head with Bond, he said: ‘I would love that. They’re going a different way with their villain in this next film but I’ve spoken to Barbara Broccoli about it and she loves the idea, so that would be great.’

Bond 24 will star Daniel Craig as the British spy for the fourth time and Skyfall director Sam Mendes is back on directing duty.

Ralph Fiennes and Naomie Harris are expected to reprise their roles as Gareth Mallory (the new M after Judi Dench’s character was killed off Skyfall) and Moneypenny respectively – although nothing has been confirmed.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/09/john-travolta-wants-to-play-a-james-bond-baddie-to-close-the-chapter-on-playing-villains-4296618/
    I'm sure if I was speaking to Barbara about what kind of villain I had in mind for Bond, she'd say it would be great, just to remain polite.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Ludovico wrote:
    I'm sure if I was speaking to Barbara about what kind of villain I had in mind for Bond, she'd say it would be great, just to remain polite.

Indeed. Cubby would often do the same. It's funny to learn that Travolta knows the type of character they will focus on next. Hopefully we find out more about that soon.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Indeed. Cubby would often do the same. It's funny to learn that Travolta knows the type of character they will focus on next. Hopefully we find out more about that soon.

I don't think he knows much, if anything at all. She probably told him they already had someone and a specific approach in mind. That said, reading this I am dying to know who they are thinking about.
    Yup, but they will take their time. What is usually the first, we get. I don't seem to remember.
  • Travolta is an actor of caliber, and while a highly recognized name, would appear a little too recognized for the capacity of a James Bond adversary. Add to that, never really a favorite actor for me, although realize he has done some good work. The very idea of it would seem questionable, and I hope this never sees the light of day. We've seen high profile names before such as Robert Davi portray a Bond villain, but just not comfortable with Travolta being involved in the Bond franchise in any capacity. Maybe this 'could' of worked when Brosnan first arrived on the scene and Travolta was involved in such work as Broken Arrow, Face/Off etc, but not now
    I don't know how you could ever call Robert Davi a "high profile name".

Yeah, after all, what all has he been in? (Y'know, Charlie's Angels, The A-Team, The Equalizer, Die Hard, The Goonies, Raw Deal, LA Law, City Heat, License to Kill...)
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 6,396

Yeah, after all, what all has he been in? (Y'know, Charlie's Angels, The A-Team, The Equalizer, Die Hard, The Goonies, Raw Deal, LA Law, City Heat, License to Kill...)

All leading roles were they?

Some TV work and bit part movie roles. I love that you used Raw Deal and City Heat as examples.

Those are some blockbusting films right there!

All leading roles were they?

Some TV work and bit part movie roles. I love that you used Raw Deal and City Heat as examples.

Those are some blockbusting films right there!

He went on to even greater things...like that critical smash Showgirls ;)
    I happened to like Raw Deal. Besides, leading role and "high profile name" are not one in the same. You don't have to play a leading role to be a high profile actor.
    I happened to like Raw Deal. Besides, leading role and "high profile name" are not one in the same. You don't have to play a leading role to be a high profile actor.

Up until his casting as Sanchez, the majority or movie goers wouldn't have known Davi by name. Show them a photo of him and some people may have identified him as one of the Fratelli brothers in The Goonies or one of the Johnson boys from Die Hard.

That in no way equates to being high profile.
    Just saw a bit of Broken Arrow and JT did convince me as a baddy.

He could just pull it off.