John Travolta as next Bond villain?

edited February 2014 in News Posts: 1,548
According to an interview in the Daily Telegraph John Travolta says that he would love to play a Bond villain and has had discussions with Barbara Broccoli about this. Not sure I can see this happening but what do others think of this idea?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/10625631/John-Travolta-interview-I-would-love-to-play-a-Bond-villain.html

Comments

Much stronger contenders for the part out there, although I do like Travolta.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I wouldn't necessarily be against it but he's certainly not my first choice either. If I were in charge I'd probably have to pass.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I think he's probably too big a "name" to be Bond villain, isn't he? A bit obvious, like petrol, that one.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Maybe Travolta should have a face/off with his competitors :D
    I don't think so. If Travolta was seriously considered, he would not talk about it on The Daily Telegraph. And nothing against him, but he is not exactly of Javier Bardem's caliber, however famous.
    If JT was cast Bond would probably have a hard time staying alive! I thank you. I'm here all week!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    LeChiffre wrote:
    If JT was cast Bond would probably have a hard time staying alive! I thank you. I'm here all week!

This weeks winner of the Shady Tree Award.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I wonder if Travolta's physical deformity would require lots of Grease...

Ouch!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.

If it did he might Get Shorty to rub it on for him !
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Mrcoggins wrote:

If it did he might Get Shorty to rub it on for him !

That might be quite The Punisher to his career, though. He might need to Take Pelham 123, or travel From Paris, With Love.

I got pages of these, I can go on.
    Please don't Carrie on with these.
    I sense a Face/Off coming on...
    That would be just Perfect.
    We might be able to take this to The Tenth Level. I sense we're Two of a Kind, but there might be a Blow Out.
    So... I guess nobody is taking this seriously.
    Whoever wins, he may just get to date The General's Daughter.
    Look whose talking.

Sorry I had to say it.
    Ludovico wrote:
    So... I guess nobody is taking this seriously.

We're taking it somewhat seriously, but we're also having fun just using Travolta films as lines. I would love to see Travolta in a Bond movie, maybe not as a villain (he always seems somewhat stale as a villain).

Pop by the Star Wars thread some day, there's a great big troll-fest using lines from Quantum of Solace to describe Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm.
    Whoever wins, he may just get to date The General's Daughter.

Be Cool, and we'll climb Ladder 49 together, like the Wild Hogs we are.
    Well, Look Who's Talking Too!
    You Savages. We're turning this into a battlefield. BATTLEFIELD EARTH!
    I think you'll find it's all pretty Basic.
    I wonder if there's a Domestic Disturbance out there somewhere. It's a Mad City I live in.
    Come on everyone, Be Cool.
    Yeah, this thread is turning into a friggin' Phenomenon.
    These posts are coming like a Bolt from the blue.
    Common fellas, no need to argue its Saturday Night.

No John Travolta joke there ;)
    edited February 2014 Posts: 7,854
    Oh, and Look Who's Talking Now! An Urban Cowboy, wearing Primary Colors, and Chains of Gold, even! Welcome to Hollywood.

C'mon, tell me we're not enjoying this.
    If you'll excuse me, I have to go. Preparing dinner for tomorrow. The Swordfish isn't going to cook itself ;-)
    Oh, and Look Who's Talking Now! An Urban Cowboy, wearing Primary Colors, and Chains of Gold, even! Welcome to Hollywood.

Now thats just silly. (rushes to imdb to look up more Travolta
    films)

Well...this story must be a load of (Pulp) Fiction.