The Horror Thread II: The Return

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Third time's the charm, right?!

This is the third time, yes? There's not been more? (I seriously have to ask with this franchise)

I think I worked it out before, that there are 6 timelines in that series. Soon to be 7...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

This is the third time, yes? There's not been more? (I seriously have to ask with this franchise)

I think I worked it out before, that there are 6 timelines in that series. Soon to be 7...
    Wow, that's impressive. You have to put in some real effort to make a franchise that convoluted.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Wow, that's impressive. You have to put in some real effort to make a franchise that convoluted.

It takes some doing, and they are succeeding.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Well, I personally want to be in whichever of the 6 timelines has Jessica Biel dressing like this:
    bfd3219db7aa3bcbc7aefe3cad8f58b4.jpg

Well, I personally want to be in whichever of the 6 timelines has Jessica Biel dressing like this:

Agreed
    Say it with gifs...

giphy.gif
    giphy.webp
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,690
    1st trailer for Hellraiser: Judgment :

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    WOW, that looks terrible.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    WOW, that looks terrible.

I lost interest in those films many years ago, and this doesn t reawaken it.
    They seem to be a retread of the same thing over and over, or at least akin to several of these direct-to-DVD installments: a cop investigates a crime, something is amiss, and things turn sour when Pinhead and his Cenobites join in on the fun.
    I do love the PinHead character.
    That one doesn't look too bad, given the series it is a part of.
    I can't bother with any past the fourth installment. As absurd as that fourth one is, I love it so much.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 13,894
    I can't bother with any past the fourth installment. As absurd as that fourth one is, I love it so much.

Wise choice. They start to go downhill fast once past Bloodlines. The fourth one has a lot of ambition, which film doesn't completely live up to. It is still occasionally my favourite film in the series. Though I would kill to see a Kevin Yagher cut of the film.
    I love the Hatchet films, as throwbacks to the slasher/splatter films of the 80's. Even at 62, Kane Hodder still could play Jason. When New Line reclaim the F13 rights this year, and (hopefully) set about getting a new film into production, Adam Green should be one of the names considered to direct it. Chances are, with Green as director, we would see Kane Hodder back as Jason (given how much of an F13/Kane fan Green is).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Watch out for those inbred hillbillies!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    TCM, Hellraiser, Jeepers Creepers, Alien, ... All my darlings are bringing in the very worst of the worst these days.

I have some hopes for Halloween though.

And then there's Chucky, a mysteriously self-improving series.
    Chucky is doing better than he ever has, and he is now on straight to dvd releases! How is that even possible. Though I am concerned that the series is heading back into BRIDE/SEED territory, after having a tonal reboot with CURSE.
    These Hatchet films are supposed to be a little OTT and light-hearted, yeah? Because that trailer seemed surprisingly funny for the most part. I only ever saw the first one, but I remember it being more straight-laced and "serious".
    These Hatchet films are supposed to be a little OTT and light-hearted, yeah? Because that trailer seemed surprisingly funny for the most part. I only ever saw the first one, but I remember it being more straight-laced and "serious".

Yes, they all are OTT love letters to the slasher genre of the 80's, but the first film was more straight up horror. Hatchet 2 (my favourite) mixed in humour, some backstory, and upped the ante of the gore, 10 fold. Hatchet 3.... brought the biggest cast list, including one Derek Mears, who goes one-on-one with Victor Crowley. Victor Crowley (the film) looks like its tone is somewhere between the first two films.
    Oof, Jason vs. Jason? I'll have to see the rest of them eventually.

I believe I read Hodder has now played the role of Crowley as much as he did Jason Vorhees. I've seen fans pining for him to play Jason one last time if this 13th installment ever sees the light of day.
    Oof, Jason vs. Jason? I'll have to see the rest of them eventually.

I believe I read Hodder has now played the role of Crowley as much as he did Jason Vorhees. I've seen fans pining for him to play Jason one last time if this 13th installment ever sees the light of day.

That's right, four times each.

Jason Voorhees:
    Friday The 13th Pt VII: The New Blood (1988)
    Friday The 13th Pt VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
    Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (1993)
    Jason X (2001)

Victor Crowley:
    Hatchet (2006)
    Hatchet 2 (2010)
    Hatchet 3 (2013)
    Victor Crowley (2017)
    Might sift through Netflix and Hulu and see if any of the sequels (or the original, wouldn't mind rewatching it) are available to stream.
    It was a surprise that there was a 4th film made, Green released it under the guise of a 10th anniversary screening of the original film plus a Q&A session with him. Fans in attendance got a shock when Green took to the stage to reveal what they were really about to watch, not a 10th anniversary release, but an all new sequel he had made in secret.
    It was a surprise that there was a 4th film made, Green released it under the guise of a 10th anniversary screening of the original film plus a Q&A session with him. Fans in attendance got a shock when Green took to the stage to reveal what they were really about to watch, not a 10th anniversary release, but an all new sequel he had made in secret.

Can you imagine that? Like someone plopping you down, just to say "oh, wait, sorry, you didn't know we had already filmed B25? Here it is in full."

Bet those fans had the time of their lives.

Can you imagine that? Like someone plopping you down, just to say "oh, wait, sorry, you didn't know we had already filmed B25? Here it is in full."

Bet those fans had the time of their lives.

Imagine a 10th anniversary screening of QOS. Imagine thinking "this isn't the QOS gun barrel theme" then you realise, it isn't even QOS, EON had made Bond#25 in complete secrecy.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 40,473
    Thanks to the release in Japan, IT finally managed to net a total of $700 million worldwide. Even more impressive considering it didn't get a release in China.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/it-crosses-700-million-worldwide-box-office-1202241882/

Blumhouse wants to relaunch Friday the 13th:

http://www.slashfilm.com/friday-the-13th-reboot-2/#more-459933
    RE Friday The 13th: New Line get the rights back at some point this year, so we'll see if they make any big announcement...

kane-hodder-interview-midnight-spookshow.jpg
    Halloween officially begins filming:

26239306_1817240054983834_7223400802396095506_n.jpg