The Amazing Tom Cruise Movie checklist!

13»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Baltimore_007, M:I-II is my favorite of the four, with the fourth being in a very close second. The first one comes in third, and I don't care for the third film whatsoever. I would heavily recommend you at least give 'Ghost Protocol' a shot.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Actor-wise, there's no denying Cruise is awesome. Films I've seen:

M:I series- haven't seen the first one for ages, I'll have to get back to it soon. The second one is entirely different, but still pretty cool- I have fine memories of cranking the first few songs on the soundtrack. The third film is pretty good, too. I'm keen to see GP, as I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Oblivion- I really enjoyed this film. A minor detail here, but I loved the sound effects applied to the drones, which made them feel convincingly threatening.

Rainman- haven't seen this since the 90s, but of course it's a classic.

Minority Report- pretty good, but something was holding it back from being up there with other Philip K. Dick adaptations like Blade Runner and 1990's Total Recall.

Top Gun- not as great as I remember, but I'm a sucker for anything drenched in 80's atmosphere and fighter jets.

Other films I've seen, but not since they came out:

Interview with the Vampire
    Jerry Maguire
    The Last Samurai
    A Few Good Men
    War of the Worlds
    Tropic Thunder
    Cocktail
    Eyes Wide Shut

I'm itching to watch Ghost Protocol, Jack Reacher and re-watch Days of Thunder.
  • Favorite Cruise movies would include The Firm, Mission Impossible II, Jerry Maguire, Rain Man and Vanilla Sky. The latter was a very surreal movie

There were one or two releases I saw years ago in the 1980s but can't remember the titles. One has Cruise in a house-party scenario when his parents are away, and the other has a jungle setting, but damned if I can recall the actual titles. Saw Top Gun on release, but didn't like it at all, so have never watched again since that day. I think it caters for a certain clientele. One that I fail to recognize

Risky Business is the first film you refer to. The only other film I can think of that has a jungle setting could be Legend.
  • I haven't seen Mission Impossible IV, and didn't think much of the third. The first is good, but it doesn't have the intensity of the second, and what makes it work, is Dougray Scott's memorable villain, and the attractive Newton as an ally of Hunt

I'm not a fan of the Mission Impossible movies, but so far, recognize the second as the best of the three I have seen thus far. 2000 was a good year for Movies, (The Beach, Final Destination, Hollow Man etc), and MI2 was no exception. I don't watch the latest releases though. I think Cruise is too old - or inappropriate - for the Hunt role now

I would recommend the 4th Mission Impossible, in terms of pure action I would say far and away the best in the series.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks MI2 rocks!