Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited April 2017 Posts: 9,020
    So an entire STAR WARS trilogy released between Bond 24 and Bond 25, not to mention the spin-off films.

:))
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I'm all for having the Star Wars films being released in May again, but that means Ep. IX comes out only a year and a half after TLJ.

I know Disney has had a long term plan in place since the beginning, with different directors and what not but still....

We had to wait 32 years for TFA. Let's not rush things.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've been digging the December releases, myself. Nice, comfortable time in my hometown, people come in more manageable numbers. In May, everybody just rushes to the theater, meaning I've gotta wait.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This weekend there was the annual sci fi festival at the local cinema, and I saw this guy walking around in a very cool and authentic looking Boba Fett costume.

I learned today that it was actually Jeremy Bulloch.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    A missed opportunity there, @Thunderfinger. You could have talked to him.
    I remember hearing a rumor that Kylo will wear Darth Vader's actual cape in The Last Jedi.
    This image of the Star Wars Battlefront II preorder bonus does tend to give some credibility to that rumor- that sure looks like Vader's old cape!

1493318909_Star%20Wars%20Battlefront%202%20promo.jpg

The only thing I'm wondering though: how does he have the cape? The burned helmet I can understand, but the cape??

Added bonus is a better look at Rey's new outfit. Before we've only seen her from the neck up, on that action figure display.

Who lnows if there is a prize on my head? Was probably for the best.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I remember hearing a rumor that Kylo will wear Darth Vader's actual cape in The Last Jedi.
    This image of the Star Wars Battlefront II preorder bonus does tend to give some credibility to that rumor- that sure looks like Vader's old cape!

1493318909_Star%20Wars%20Battlefront%202%20promo.jpg

The only thing I'm wondering though: how does he have the cape? The burned helmet I can understand, but the cape??

Added bonus is a better look at Rey's new outfit. Before we've only seen her from the neck up, on that action figure display.

Got it from Vader's castle on Mustafar, maybe? Guy spent 20 years in that armor, he had to have spare capes.
    Why didn't I think of that! Now I feel stupid.

But hey- let's get another scene at that awesome castle! It's probably creepy and falling apart by The Last Jedi!

Spoilers lmao
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I found this really cool audio book that's set right after A New Hope that tells the story of what Han Solo alluded too in The Empire Strikes back. Visualized using action figures.

Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell.

edited April 2017 Posts: 45,489
    Since I posted Carrie s father here before, here is her mother as well.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Thunderfinger, I can't hear that song without thinking of 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.' Great little tune.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Interestingly THE FORCE AWAKENS and THE LAST JEDI were both the names of STAR WARS fan films before they were taken by Disney. Here's the trailer for STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS fan film.

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The Last Jedi was also a name of a Star Wars book which is no longer canon.
    51qyBPux4yL._SY346_.jpg
    Since I posted Carrie s father here before, here is her mother as well.

Thank yu, Thunderfinger. You made me buy that song which I didn't know before. Ms. Reynolds was definitely very talented. But anyone who saw Singing in the Rain knew that already.
    Nice to hear.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    may-the-fourth-4th-be-with-you-memes-gifs-star-wars-day-18.gif?w=500

61883732.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-05-04-at-11.18.43-AM.png

image6-2.jpg

luke-alderaan-places.jpg

you-didnt-have-to-stoop-solo.jpg

tumblr_o0dz3pLvCE1v3vhp5o1_1280.jpg

may-the-fourth-4th-be-with-you-memes-gifs-star-wars-day-16.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780

star-wars-memes-for-may-da-4th-all-sw-fans-will-appreciatewip-25.jpg?quality=100&strip=info&w=600

tumblr_myby1qodc31r54qfqo1_500.jpg
    yoda-sat-wars-animated-gif-3.gif
    Happy Star Wars Day !!!
    Revenge of the 5th will soon be upon us...
    Revenge of the sixth too...
    May the 4th Be With You, nerds!

Might have to pop in one of the original installments today. Can't go wrong with that.
    Why not pop them all in? ;)
    Why not pop them all in? ;)

Definitely can't go wrong with that, either!
    I'm just watching Rogue One, A New Hope and The Force Awakens. Rogue One and A New Hope because I feel they go together well enough, The Force Awakens for the pun of "The Fourth Awakens".
    Think I'll watch Revenge of the Sith to celebrate Star Wars day and see Anakin get hacked to pieces.
    Think I'll watch Revenge of the Sith to celebrate Star Wars day and see Anakin get hacked to pieces.

Its a good movie. So much more drama than the first two.
    Big fan of the prequels they are creative films and off the wall, for more original than some films in the series.
    Big fan of the prequels they are creative films and off the wall, for more original than some films in the series.

Me too!