Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

Gotta love his honesty! :smiley:

18010716_1884548111805539_3749377297404805045_n.png.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=6bd383c37f587485f052a2e8765e03b3&oe=599446BF

=)) I know how you feel Harrison, classic response.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    An Obi-Wan standalone film? Hm... he's basically watching over Luke. From a distance. It would be the "to catch a predator" version of Star Wars. ;-) The comics are trying to bridge the gap between Ep. III and Ep. IV and Obi-Wan isn't doing a lot.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I would rather see a Darth Maul movie.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I would rather see a Darth Maul movie.

What about a Darth Vader movie, set between Ep. III and Ep. IV

Vader doing badass Sith stuff, across the galaxy.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I would love to see that as well.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    With the standalone films, I hope there's not to much connecting with any of the episodes. Rogue One get's away with it as it covers a very specific time in the Star Wars universe.
    I hope other than Lando and Chewie, that Han Solo doesn't come into contact Yoda or Darth Vader or someone just for the sake of it. The Han Solo movie sans Harrison Ford is really a very potentially dangerous move. Such a beloved character, who until now has been played only by Harrison Ford. It's Ford's role. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's a lot to hope for.
    Darth Vader or Boba Fett stand alone movie would be nice.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Benny wrote: »
    With the standalone films, I hope there's not to much connecting with any of the episodes. Rogue One get's away with it as it covers a very specific time in the Star Wars universe.
    I hope other than Lando and Chewie, that Han Solo doesn't come into contact Yoda or Darth Vader or someone just for the sake of it. The Han Solo movie sans Harrison Ford is really a very potentially dangerous move. Such a beloved character, who until now has been played only by Harrison Ford. It's Ford's role. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's a lot to hope for.

It doesn't harm anything if The Young Han Solo Adventures brings Jabba or Boba Fett into things, as he's obviously worked with Jabba before and Boba's pretty much always there. Vader being there would be both a problem and a waste because he'd have nothing to do.

No, the Han Solo movie needs to just be about Han and Lando and a string of new characters.

I wouldn't want to see a solo Boba Fett movie, to be honest, nor a solo Vader film. Vader's getting a comic series set after Revenge of the Sith starting in June, that’s enough for me. The only standalone film I want after The Young Han Solo Adventures is an Obi-Wan film.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Benny wrote: »
    I hope other than Lando and Chewie, that Han Solo doesn't come into contact Yoda or Darth Vader or someone just for the sake of it.

I doubt he'll bump into major characters, like Yoda or Vader, but I can see them going as far as him very quickly bumping into someone like Bail Organa (his future father-in-law) for a quick cameo or something.
    I'm pretty sure we'll end up seeing Jabba and Boba Fett, which I'd be okay with.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'd be fine with a Bail cameo. Or somebody from the cast of Rebels.
    Vader deserves his own movie. We've so far only been told how evil he is, yet in the first six movies, we've caught but a glimpse of that, at best. ROGUE ONE, in that final moment, shows us one bad-ass Vader though!
    I dunno. Just his Rogue One scene alone makes his duel in A New Hope look kinda limp in comparison. I still love it, but seeing him do too much in a solo film could hurt his appearances in the OT.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Vader deserves his own movie. We've so far only been told how evil he is, yet in the first six movies, we've caught but a glimpse of that, at best. ROGUE ONE, in that final moment, shows us one bad-ass Vader though!
    Which many people loathed, from reasons I will never comprehend.
    Really? I'm confused now. I was under the impression that most people really loved that moment.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I've heard people refer to it as "vigorous fanfare" or something to that effect.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I finally saw Rogue One today. I loved it! It was great. It made me think of Rogue Squadron games from the N64 and Gamecube as a movie. I really dug all the characters and their plights. I loved all the references to A New Hope as well. I really liked all the new locals. I can't say which I like more at the moment. Rogue One or The Force Awakens, I really enjoyed them both. Heck even CGI Tarkin and Leia looked pretty good to me.

Updated ranking.
    1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. The Force Awakens & Rogue One (currently tied.)
    3. A New Hope
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Attack of the Clones
    7. The Phantom Menace.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I've heard people refer to it as "vigorous fanfare" or something to that effect.

Oh okay. Yeah... Some people will hate, not matter what.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

Oh okay. Yeah... Some people will hate, not matter what.
    Agreed, the last 5 minutes of RO will always divide opinions. I'll say this - my brother, a huge SW fan, loved every second of it.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I finally saw Rogue One today. I loved it! It was great. It made me think of Rogue Squadron games from the N64 and Gamecube as a movie.

Those would be more like Top Gun if they were films, but I'd love to see that. Rogue Squadron is still my favorite series of Star Wars games, period. It saddened me the day my N64 finally stopped working (only about a year ago, believe it or not), and I could no longer play the first game, but then I searched Steam and found the PC version had been released there.

Dare I say it, the Force was making sure I could still play that fine series from beginning to end.
    I dunno that third act space battle reminded me a hell of a lot of Rogue Squadron. ;)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    This honest trailer basically sums up how I feel about Rogue One... of which I wasn't a big fan of.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    This year's biggest Star Wars event is imminent.

ROGUE ONE Steelbook is released tomorrow (German market).

Best Star Wars film since Star Wars (1977)
    April 21st here in France. Just the day after I receive my salary. I already know on what I'll spend it.
    I hope they make Shadows of the Empire a movie. Rogue One proved you could make a 70's era Star Wars movie in the modern day. Shadows of the Empire would be a nice perfect bridging of the gap between Empire and Jedi.
    I hope they make Shadows of the Empire a movie. Rogue One proved you could make a 70's era Star Wars movie in the modern day. Shadows of the Empire would be a nice perfect bridging of the gap between Empire and Jedi.
    LOVE IT.

Sebastian Stan as Luke ;)

Now who could be Dash....? (he could potentially show up in the Han Solo movie too!)

LOVE IT.

Sebastian Stan as Luke ;)

Now who could be Dash....? (he could potentially show up in the Han Solo movie too!)

Hmmm casting Dash would be tough. I honestly can't think of anyone at the moment. I mean he kinda looks like Chris Pratt but he's Star Lord so that might not work out. He also kinda looks like Kevin Costner but he's too old now. It's a tough one.
    1955462-rendar_and_leebo_n64.png
    H must have been modeled after Don Johnson, right off the set of Miami Vice

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjktY3TgOk4DFzAWKSh5TTh1RWUKw5eY7cVoLtvIwYFNTiQAUq6w

Trouble is, who's the equivalent of today?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 16,333
    Maybe Joel Kinnaman?
    Joel_Kinnaman%2034.jpg
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Dan Stevens