Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I saw Rogue One twice in theatres, one before Carrie's death, and one after.
    What's interesting is that when they filmed the scene of young Leia, at the time it was meant as a fun bonus-- a cool little wink to the fans, showing once and for all that the very next thing that happens in the story is ''A New Hope"
    Then it inadvertently turned into a sad sendoff, like the Furious 7 bit @jake24 mentioned.

In Ep VIII, there won't be a dry eye in the house the last time we see Leia. :(
    I wonder, story wise, what they will to with the character? Will she die? Or will it be like Lando, and just be assumed elsewhere?
    At least we will see lots of her, by the sound of it.
    I think the character of Leia is much too impactful on the franchise for them to just throw her away in that fashion. It'll be both significant and dramatic.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been shared, but Leia will not appear in 'Episode IX':

http://collider.com/carrie-fisher-not-in-episode-9/

Didn't they just announce Leia was going to appear in Episode IX? That was a quick turnaround...

Not that I'm complaining. I'm actually relieved we won't be seeing CGI Leia.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Quick, indeed. Even if they kept her in Episode IX, they would've used existing footage and no CGI, they mentioned.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 4,813
    The director just revealed whether The Last Jedi is singular or plural. It's singular

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/04/15/star-wars-the-last-jedi-rian-johnson-plural-singular/

I hope this only means Rey is something new like a gray Jedi and not something terrible like Luke dying
    Promising the trailer looks. In december, see it I will. The Force seems strong in that one.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited April 2017 Posts: 4,043
    Can't say I was underwhelmed by the trailer at all, I never expected much just a tease, still put a grin a mile wide across my face.

I think there is a possibility that what is meant by the title is that Luke is the final Jedi of his kind, Rey needs to have shades in her type, whether they'll come up with a new term but it's obvious that the black white teaching of the Jedi is not helping and leading to the problems that have been seen throughout the series.

Having someone see both sides of the coin rather than just teaching them one point of view.

Yes I'm afraid for those who don't want our politics being brought into the fantasy world of Star Wars it's too late, one mans freedom fighter is another's terrorist, you'll never learn if you continue not to see the others point of view.

I watched Rogue One again last night the first time since the cinema and enjoyed it more the 2nd time round, I know some have been left cold by this but it is clearly for me now at the no. 3 spot. Leaves the prequels in the dust and I find it more satisfying than TFA and on my viewing last night I prefer it to ROTJ. Only Star Wars & Empire are better for me, with Episode V clearly my top film of the series still.

Rogue One also looks at the grey areas, Diego Luna's character is giving us a much complex view of the rebels than we've seen before and I expect that to continue with Johnson in TLJ be it with Luke & Rey or with The Resistance. Also Kylo is the most conflicted we've seen the dark side portrayed, I'm sure we were supposed to see it in the prequels but due to Hayden's wooden reading and Lucas crayon book scripts it was completely lost.

Seriously looking forward to The Last Jedi.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited April 2017 Posts: 45,489
    The director just revealed whether The Last Jedi is singular or plural. It's singular or plural. It's singular

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/04/15/star-wars-the-last-jedi-rian-johnson-plural-singular/

I hope this only means Rey is something new like a gray Jedi and not something terrible like Luke dying

So many looked at foreign translations to confirm that it was plural, but we all know how inaccurate foreign translations can be.

No matter what happens during the film, Luke is still the last jedi as it commences.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I think the discussion of singular vs plural is a bit pointless now that we haven't yet seen the movie. Take RETURN OF THE JEDI for example. Who is or are the Jedi? Luke, because he more or less is an experienced Jedi now? Anakin, because he returns from the Dark Side? Is it perhaps a reference to the future, since Leia possesses some Force sensitivity too and may settle down with Han to produce Force sensitive offspring?
    If anyone should know, it s Rian Johnson.
    No Leia in episode IX, but Carrie Fisher has already worked on it :

newsarama.com/34066-no-leia-in-star-wars-episode-ix-says-kathleen-kennedy-but-carrie-fisher-worked-on-the-last-jedi-script.html

Yup, it's a little known fact, but Carrie Fisher was a script doctor, and worke on a lot of succesfull movies.
    @Gerard, I didn't know that but I can see that now that you mention it. She was, after all, a talented woman.
    17523651_1623408024339554_6979127775281634290_n.jpg?oh=72406341e776582efed9c01623b4b5bf&oe=598470B8

george-lucas-lol-its-like-poetry-it-rhymes.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Very probable.
    I didn't know that but I can see that now that you mention it. She was, after all, a talented woman.

Indeed. Here's a (partial) list of the movies she helped :

viralnova.com/carrie-fisher-script-doctor/
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    For those fans that into the expanded universe and the TV shows, here is a trailer for the fourth and finale season of Rebels.
    @QsAssistant
    Thank you so much for that, friend!! But wait, is that the Battle of Yavin I saw a glimpse of? And are you sure this is the final series?

I love REBELS. I'd be saddened to see it go away.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    @DarthDimi
    You're welcome! Sadly I believe it has been confirmed that season 4 will be the finale season.
    I suspect they have something else lined up then? Something post-Endor? :)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'll miss Rebels but the fourth season looks to be ready to surpass the others.
    Yeah, but waiting till Fall? That's going to demand a lot of patience from me. The R2 DVD's of season 3 haven't even been released yet to my knowledge.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 7,854
    Season 3 will probably be released somewhere around fall as well. This is where video sites come in hand.
    Only just recently watched Rebels season 2 finale which was decent, season 3 appears to have had mixed reviews. I'll watch season 3 at some point, it's a ok show I am not that invested in the characters.
    Carrie Fisher in Finse, Norway in 1980. She apparently bought a lot of hats in Oslo that same year.

1580522bd090b4a9cbec047f267c3094.jpg?t%5B%5D=crop%3Awidth%3D1024%2Cheight%3D768%2Cx%3D0%2Cy%3D0&t%5B%5D=maxSize%3Awidth%3D654&publicKey=drpublish&accessToken=29d101a5b4c4c6ffde1e2c5c2c05d6d9ee7a67ec145e677221a0012274d798d4
    In my opinion (stemming mostly from my love of Grand Admiral Thrawn), season 3 was better. The pace is a tiny bit slower, but I found no problem in that because it made for a much bigger finale.
    Thrawn makes everything better. I hope we get to see him in a live action movie someday.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Thrawn makes everything better. I hope we get to see him in a live action movie someday.

He'd probably be CGI, though.
    Just paint Lars Mikkelsen blue and give him contact lenses. He could pull it off.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,562
    I agree.

b640x600.jpg

Why CGI him? Rebecca Romijn and Jennifer Lawrence were painted blue too.

Or perhaps Mark Strong?

latest?cb=20091219222801

Star-Wars-Thrawn-322x268.jpg
    And if all else fails, body suit.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    grand_admiral_cumberbatch_by_disturbedshifty-d6ky6iw.jpg

Cumberbatch would make a good Thrawn