Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

Lucasfilm is rumored to release a teaser for The Last Jedi today at Cinemacon. Keep your eyes peeled!!!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Lucasfilm is rumored to release a teaser for The Last Jedi today at Cinemacon. Keep your eyes peeled!!!

Be good if there was.
    There is a leaked footage description...

But I don't think they'll be a teaser trailer today. I really hope I'm wrong. I'd be guessing May 4th as a possible release date for it.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That Rey photo looks great. Reminds me of Luke on the Death Star in RoTJ.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So they changed the title to THE LAST JEDI SIZZLE. Sounds great.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Happy 46th Birthday, Ewan McGregor!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Aaah ok..i think i get that...so for a hard-core fan it was a con ,even with Han Solo's death ?

I still have my Star Wars toys, Vader's mask/ helmet, comics and games and I love TFA.

I get it. It did copy ANH and it was their intention to start the new trilogy with something familiar to appease fans of the old trilogy, before going forward with the new stories in the following sequels.

It was more in line with the style and humor of ot and less in style of the prequels and their poo and fart jokes.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the prequels, but I felt more at home with TFA.

Can't give my honest opinion about Rogue One, since it's the only Star Wars movie I've only seen once...so far. But I left the cinema with good impressions.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Bad Lip Reading for The Force Awakens featuring Mark Hamill as Han Solo! =))
    52030319?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

Spot the major blunder on the cover of the Bluray...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Forest Whittaker's hair and prominance compared to his role in the film?
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Forest Whittaker's hair and prominance compared to his role in the film?

That's one I did not consider good spot, also appears the Tie Fighter blasts are red not green.

Murdock wrote: »
    Bad Lip Reading for The Force Awakens featuring Mark Hamill as Han Solo! =))
    wtf :))
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    When are they releasing a trailer for last Jedi? The first teaser for Force Awakens came out December 2014...

When are they releasing a trailer for last Jedi? The first teaser for Force Awakens came out December 2014...

Not sure though Star Wars Celebration is a good bet, plus it's the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars this year. Celebration starts April 13th apparently

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,087
    I still haven't seen Rogue One yet, but based on a few clips that are now floating around, it's basically fan service: the movie?

I should have known that revisiting that specific period in Star Wars history would have been far too tempting for them. Thank god they're done with that...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Mendes4Lyfe, personally, I wasn't terribly impressed by it. Got pretty repetitive after half an hour.
  • I still haven't seen Rogue One yet, but based on a few clips that are now floating around, it's basically fan service: the movie?

I should have known that revisiting that specific period in Star Wars history would have been far too tempting for them. Thank god they're done with that...

I wouldn't call it that. The final 5 minutes maybe, but as a whole, The Force Awakens was much more Fan Service: The Movie. I'd say the first hour and a half of Rogue One was Star Bores: The Movie starring an oak plank, a birch plank, a cherrywood plank, and a robot, and the last half hour was holy'ell where'd all this amazing action come from?! Personally I could never sit through it again though. Far too much of a chore, that first hour and a half, the first time.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I loved 'The Force Awakens,' I won't lie. Watched the trailer twice before it came out, and knew almost nothing else about it - great way for me to see it, trying to go the same route with 'Bond 25'.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,844
    I enjoyed TFA too, but it was fairly fan service heavy.

(Then again, so were Jurassic World, Skyfall, and so many others, so that kind of seems to be the trend of the day.)
    So Princess Leia will be back in SW IX in some form or another. Fine with me.
  • Hopefully spare footage from SW VIII and nothing more. CGI Leia would hurt my soul.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Is Luke secretly Batman?
    Or Ming the Merciless ;)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The "big announcement" was just Force for Change 2017. While it's really cool, it had way too much hype for us Star Wars fans.
    Also, I'm in love with Daisy Ridley.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    As am I.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    She has class. She's beautiful, and not in that "I'm a bimbo" kinda way. I love her English accent and how she as a virtually inexperienced actress owned every Ep. VII scene she was in. Poor Natalie Portman is outclassed by Daisy and Carrie in the SW universe.
    Padme might have been more well-liked if Natalie Portman had been swapped with Keira Knightly behind the scenes as well as in-universe.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I really like Padme in Attack of the Clones. In The Phantom Menace she was tough but too young to be taken seriously. In Revenge of the Sith all she did was be pregnant, cry, and then die. In AOTC she was tough, believable, and sexy. I just wished she could've been that way in the other two films.